G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aquablade

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Justin88

Re: Aquablade

Post by Justin88 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:33 pm

speedoB2598 wrote:I know I'm a little late, but here are 3 pics of me in my Aquablade (size 30). The briefs I'm wearing in my avatar are 28 if it gives you any idea of the sizing.
Hey thanks for these pics. Helpful. I think I might go up to a 32 in this suit next time. My skinny jeans size is 30 which is what I usually buy for U.S. speedos. For competition, tech suits are worn (and sized) very tight so my suit would be great for that. But I just want it for rec laps. It does fit nice in the butt, but my package doesn't have as much definition as yours.

bwana

Post by bwana » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi guys,
I bought a size 32 Nike Hydra last year - but found it's a bit too big (sits really high at the back, and not very tight). I usually wear a 32 - so thought I'd be pretty safe with getting a Hydra in this size - but alas, the joys of buying on-line. I like the look of the aquablade brief - and thought I'd order one when I go to get another hydra (blue and in a 30 this time).

Is the consensus to get the correct size, or buy one size smaller?

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Get a size smaller for the Nike hydra if you can find one, but I think blue may be discontinued. I would not recommend to get the Speedo Aquablade a size smaller - it is really tight. 28 hydra fits me well, but 30 Aquablade is snug.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:45 pm

JohnC wrote:Get a size smaller for the Nike hydra if you can find one, but I think blue may be discontinued. I would not recommend to get the Speedo Aquablade a size smaller - it is really tight. 28 hydra fits me well, but 30 Aquablade is snug.
Thanks for the info on the Nike Hydra!!! Like you say the Aquablade runs wicked small. The size 30 Aquablade fits and lines up for size like my 26 TYR!!! It makes my size M Aqux in the avatar feel loose!! Its a comp skin suit. Fits like the "paper" suits in the pics from the 80s guys have posted here. Probly the hottest suit you can buy from Speedo. Price at SwimOutlet is $35 I think. From Speedo site its like $45. Bot mine on ebay. -j-j

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:54 pm

bwana wrote:Is the consensus to get the correct size, or buy one size smaller?
Buy your size or maybe even up one (never thot I'd say that) if you have beefy glutes and thighs. I bot my size and it fits TIGHT. I have a small butt and thin thighs. You should probaby buy your size if you swim competition and are going for speed. For just doing laps you may want it looser. Great looking suit speshly when its wet.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:58 am

justin, what is your aquablade like without the liner? are you going to keep it in the new one?

thanks

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:35 am

JohnC wrote:justin, what is your aquablade like without the liner? are you going to keep it in the new one?

thanks
Hey John,

The old blue one without the lining is wicked worn. It shows everything. The bulge looks like I got a ring on. Not for public. I guess a new one without lining might be like that bulgy Nike suit without the lining they used to make...Teraz? The blade when you buy your size is uber tight so the suit is like a second skin. Your package gets squashed.

I kept the liner in my dark green blade since I want to wear it public. The ebay guy who sold it said it was new but it had been worn and the liner was torn like he started to cut it out. when I get get the new blue one I'll keep that in too.

TYR has a tech fabric comp brief suit sort of like the blade but I havent tried it.... about the same price. You can also get it in a jammer thats cut like the hot Asian jammers or maybe the nike hydra. its $50.These are all from SwimOutlet.

-j-j

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:44 am

Thanks j-j, I did get a blade in royal and is pretty tight in size 30 and will keep the liner. But I do love to wear a hydra sometimes - still my fav suit

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:01 am

JohnC wrote:Thanks j-j, I did get a blade in royal and is pretty tight in size 30 and will keep the liner. But I do love to wear a hydra sometimes - still my fav suit
Hey John. Never tried a Hydra. How does the size run? Do you have briefs or jammers? What size jeans do you wear? I wear 30 in jeans but can usually go to a 28 in regular speedos. But not the blades. I guess comp swimmers like the blade because its skin tight so water doesn't get under the suit. Comp swimmers on SwimOutlet say it cuts seconds off their time. Wearing that suit gets your adrenalin going before you even jump in the pool. :P

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Justin, I have briefs in black and navy. For jeans I wear size 29 and size 30 skinny Levi's. I think a 28 hydra would be a good fit for you. It won't sqaush your package as much as a blade. The fabric is a little thinner and the sides are 2 inch. It is pretty sexy but ok to wear in public I think. If you want one you might want to get it soon, I think they might be discontinued. I wore the blade for laps today it was fun. The guy in the next lane was wearing a blue speedo and looked hot.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 pm

JohnC wrote:Justin, I have briefs in black and navy. For jeans I wear size 29 and size 30 skinny Levi's. I think a 28 hydra would be a good fit for you. .... If you want one you might want to get it soon, I think they might be discontinued. I wore the blade for laps today it was fun. The guy in the next lane was wearing a blue speedo and looked hot.
Hey thanks John. I'll look for the Hydra. Cool the blade worked for you. One of Speedos hotter suits. Ever tried a Fastkskin?? I havent. They're going to discontinue them. In jeans I have PacSun Dillon skinnys in a 30X32 and some Gap 1969 skinnys also in 30X32. I bot the Gaps last year. They changed the cut this year and my butt doesn't fit the new style. Glad I got the old ones. I tried some Levis uber skinny 510s. Don't fit me. Makes my butt look like a girls They dont ride low enough. Maybe the 512s are better. I have some 514s but the cut doesn't really work. Clothes have to ride at or below the hip bone to fit me. Thats why I love Speeds.

-j-j

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:37 pm

Justin, I have not tried a fastskin, but would like to- Metro Swim shop has some briefs in navy, black and royal. Maybe I will try royal - Metro seems like the only shop with this color. I don't really know what to expect in a fastskin brief. Dont know for sure if it is lined or unlined. The other day I wore an Arena X-flat that I recently bought and was in for quite a shock when I got out of the water. Even though the suit was black everything was on display ; Yikes. The super skinny Levi's don't fit me either, I wear the 511's, usually 29x30. John

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:22 pm

JohnC wrote:Justin, I have not tried a fastskin, but would like to- Metro Swim shop has some briefs in navy, black and royal. Maybe I will try royal - Metro seems like the only shop with this color. I don't really know what to expect in a fastskin brief. Dont know for sure if it is lined or unlined. The other day I wore an Arena X-flat that I recently bought and was in for quite a shock when I got out of the water. Even though the suit was black everything was on display ; Yikes. The super skinny Levi's don't fit me either, I wear the 511's, usually 29x30. John
I also have an Arena X-Flat. its an uber thin light fabric and doesnt stretch much. Came in a can!!! Friend gave it to me. it fits like the Aqux in my avatar and it is kinda bulgy. I've never worn it swimming since I dont want to wear out the fabric. Size 28 and fits a little loose.

Metro has good prices. They've get the blade for less than SwimOutlet. Dont see the fastskin there. They have the Hydra. Kinda $$$.

I think I've tried the 511 levis and they fit okay. I'd already bought a couple PacSun Dillons so I didnt get the levis.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:41 pm

if I did this right it should take you to the fastskin brief:

Www.metroswimshop.com/product.7055001.htm

yeah I don't think anything is so thin as the x-flat. Cool suit

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:09 am

JohnC wrote:if I did this right it should take you to the fastskin brief:

http://Www.metroswimshop.com/product.7055001.htm

yeah I don't think anything is so thin as the x-flat. Cool suit
Hey John! Thanks for the link! I saw a pic of a shoulder to knee Tri suit made of X-flat. Hot.

-j-j

Outlaw-Tiger

Post by Outlaw-Tiger » Thu May 20, 2010 8:44 pm

ok, not sure if it really matters or not... but i noticed there was a bit of an uncertainty with regards to the purpose of the aquablade: weather or not it was a tech suit. it is in fact a tech suit, having been a competitive swimmer for 14 years, i have worn my fair share of those suits (including fast skins... which are a DREAM to wear... once you get them on, putting them on is a true pain though), the reason for the different fabrics and the way they look when when (and dry if you look close enough) is to channel the water over the suit in such a way that reduces one's drag while in the water and thus making you more hydrodynamic...

and if you like aquablades, and down mind shelling out a bit more money, might i suggest looking into a fast skin brief ? and if you think the aquablades run a bit smaller... the fast skins run even small still (they are nick named 'skins' for a reason) when i swam i trained in a size 30 drag suit (swam recreationally in a size 32), and when i swam in a fast skin i would wear a 26 (in the F1s) and a 28 in the F2s. and unlike other bathing suits, when fast skins get wet, they compress a bit more, mind you, as i said, fast skins a quite a bit more expensive than aquablades.

anyhoo, figured i would just through my two cents worth in, you guys seemed to be doing a lot of guess work throughout the posts so i figured i would throw some info out there in the hopes that it helps confirm things for you lol ^_^

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Fri May 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Thanks for posting your comment. Looks like they still sell the Fastskin brief at Metroswim for about $36 in black, royal and navy. I usually like the cut of a Nike suit better and still don't have a fastskin, but I was really thinking about getting one.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat May 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Outlaw-Tiger wrote:anyhoo, figured i would just through my two cents worth in, you guys seemed to be doing a lot of guess work throughout the posts so i figured i would throw some info out there in the hopes that it helps confirm things for you lol ^_^
Hey thanks Outlaw. Really helpful. I have a blade, which I like, and the skins sound amazing.

Oh, and ummm, you have an awesome butt.

-j-j

caljr

Post by caljr » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Yes luv the butt too...

Aquablade: great fabric for a few sessions, but does not last that long unfortunately !

better worn tight as you'll see on the pic - sorry, could not find a regular one, only this provocative shot
Attachments
aquablade.jpg
aquablade.jpg (60.72 KiB) Viewed 5430 times

GuynOKC

Post by GuynOKC » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:56 am

Holy crap caljr...that is hot! Don't think it would fit in suit even when limp..lol. Gotta find an aquablade..today!