G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Fastskin brief

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

JohnC

Fastskin brief

Post by JohnC » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:59 am

I have not seen any posts about the Speedo fastskin brief. Does anyone like this suit? It is $34 on Swimoutlet.com Nike Hydra is still my favorite but I heard Nike is getting out of the high end swim market.
Last edited by JohnC on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cynbel

Re: Speedo Fastskin

Post by Cynbel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:08 am

I have a Speedo fastskin, I had gotten it for swim conferences back when I was in high school... I was the only one, everyone else had the FS2 jammer.

scottishspeedoboy82

Post by scottishspeedoboy82 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm

JohnC wrote:I have not seen any posts about the Speedo fastskin brief. Does anyone like this suit? It is $34 on Swimoutlet.com Nike Hydra is still my favorite but I heard Nike is getting out of the high end swim market.
Hi John,

Can I ask why you like the Nike Hydra? I really like the high performance speedos, as they tend to be made from really thin, clingy, shiny material. I have pairs of Nike Teraz and Lift which are unlined and show every contour. Very hot!!! :P

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:08 am

You are very lucky to have Nike lift and teraz. I like the performance suits for the same reasons You do, and have several hydra suits. Just wondering if the fastskin is at all similar to the Nike suits.

swimcmk

Post by swimcmk » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:57 am

The full body suits are really cheap now that FINA has banned them from swimming. Having you stomach and chest covered in cloth feels weird when swimming or when its wet and you walking around the pool. I like the Speedo, Jammers and legskins styles a lot tho.

JohnC

Fastskin brief

Post by JohnC » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:10 am

The fastskin is available as a brief - $38.

pw2005

Re: Fastskin brief

Post by pw2005 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:41 pm

I also love the Nike Hydra but know that it is getting harder to find them in my size. I have seen the Tyr Tracer but will need to find a replacement once my current suit starts to get too thin for the pool. Anyone have any suggestions? Is the Fastskin brief a good replacement? I like the Hydra because it is a thinner material that feels great and has 2 inch sides for a great fit.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:52 pm

What was the tyr tracer like? I have not seen one

scottishspeedoboy82

Post by scottishspeedoboy82 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:18 pm

pw2005 wrote:I also love the Nike Hydra but know that it is getting harder to find them in my size. I have seen the Tyr Tracer but will need to find a replacement once my current suit starts to get too thin for the pool. Anyone have any suggestions? Is the Fastskin brief a good replacement? I like the Hydra because it is a thinner material that feels great and has 2 inch sides for a great fit.
Hi pw2005,

Is the Nike Hydra unlined like the Nike Lift and Teraz? I love those speedos, as they cling to everything like a second skin.

speedoB2598

Post by speedoB2598 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Cynbel wrote:I have a Speedo fastskin, I had gotten it for swim conferences back when I was in high school... I was the only one, everyone else had the FS2 jammer.
Yeah, I just got a pair of Fastskin racers and I really like them. Awesome feel, and they look great. I have a meet in the beginning of March so that'll be the first time I actually swim in them, but so far I'm a big fan. I would suggest getting them one size bigger than the normal Speedos you wear though. I wear 28 briefs got 30 for the Fastskin.

pw2005

Post by pw2005 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Yes the Hydra is unlined, shows plenty when wet and it feels great on. I have yet to see a Tracer hands-ons but have only seen them online.

...:::sam:::...

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:58 pm

JohnC wrote:The fastskin is available as a brief - $38.
Does anybody know where online to get the fastskin, hydra etc in a brief? I cant find it anywhere - especially in Australia.

ok, look to the US. :lol:

http://www.metroswimshop.com/product.705031_32.htm
http://www.lane4swim.com/faaq.html
http://www.lane4swim.com/niswhybr.html

Duncandude

Post by Duncandude » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:20 pm

I see the upcoming Commowealth Games is permitting full-body suits, but not recognising any new records set in them.

Apparently, the approved suits (made in Japan or US) aren't ready or out of stock.

PACSWMMR

Post by PACSWMMR » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:38 pm

I also have the Fastskin brief, great suit. I also have worn the Hydra and Tracer, and I still like the Fastskin. Lately, I have been racing in the TYR Fusion 2 suit. Another great suit, take the lining out though ;)

PACSWMMR
PACSWMMR (aka CA_SWIMMER or SWIMMER06 / 5151)