G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aquablade

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Justin88

Re: Aquablade

Post by Justin88 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:27 pm

Cynbel wrote:I have 2 Aquablades, both in black, .
Different sizes? How do they fit? Pics are always welcome.

A friend on another speedo board sent me his used Aquablade. The suit is worn and stretched and has no lining. It's smaller than my size 26 TYR. Probly a 24. Didn't think I could get into it, but it went on okay. A little tight but definitely wearable. I normally wear a 28 or 30 in US speedos. Aquablade is one of Speedos hotter suits. I like it better than the Solar. It's classified as a tech suit.

Cozzy

Post by Cozzy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Justin88 wrote:It's classified as a tech suit.
I think not :mrgreen:

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Cozzy wrote:
Swimoutlet classifies them that way. They aren't in the regular speedo briefs section. You have to go to the tech section. It has some kind of special fabric.

Cynbel

Post by Cynbel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:59 am

Justin88 wrote:
Cozzy wrote:
Swimoutlet classifies them that way. They aren't in the regular speedo briefs section. You have to go to the tech section. It has some kind of special fabric.
It is, the fabric feels completely different, I think it feels better.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 am

Cynbel wrote:
Justin88 wrote:Swimoutlet classifies them that way. They aren't in the regular speedo briefs section. You have to go to the tech section. It has some kind of special fabric.
Cynbel--Yeah, people said that in the Swimoutlet review section too. It looks like a really cool suit and I think I want to get one. In another thread here I said how I have an older stretched one some one gave to me. IT still looks okay. Probly one of Speedo brands better suits for the money. Looks good and you can wear it to do laps.

Some comments on Swimoutlet said they run small but the average says they "run true to size." I cant tell from my stretched suit. How did the size run for you. Does the suit wear out fast?

Thanks!

-j

Cynbel

Post by Cynbel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:41 am

Justin88 wrote:
Cynbel wrote:
Justin88 wrote:Swimoutlet classifies them that way. They aren't in the regular speedo briefs section. You have to go to the tech section. It has some kind of special fabric.
Cynbel--Yeah, people said that in the Swimoutlet review section too. It looks like a really cool suit and I think I want to get one. In another thread here I said how I have an older stretched one some one gave to me. IT still looks okay. Probly one of Speedo brands better suits for the money. Looks good and you can wear it to do laps.

Some comments on Swimoutlet said they run small but the average says they "run true to size." I cant tell from my stretched suit. How did the size run for you. Does the suit wear out fast?

Thanks!

-j
It'd say it fits true to size, and I don't think it wears out that fast either. Though I don't wear them all the time.

gezzerdon

Post by gezzerdon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi can you send me a link so i can view them lol. gez.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:49 pm

gezzerdon wrote:Hi can you send me a link so i can view them lol. gez.
Hey Gez--Dont know where you live. Heres the swimoutlet link a US site. http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1420.htm

They sell it for US$35. Okay price for one of the better comp suits. TYR has something similar. Dont know much about it.

-j

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Cynbel wrote:
It'd say it fits true to size, and I don't think it wears out that fast either. Though I don't wear them all the time.
Thanks for the reply. I may try the 28. It looks like the butt on the suit rises a little high. I usually go for a 30 in US suit sizes. I have a small butt (I buy lo-rise jeans) and its hard to get suits to fit. The Asian suits run small and that works for me. I saw a Japan-licensed Speedo Aquablade. The sides were real narrow and the butt was smaller than US. From the pic it didn't look like it had a butt seam.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks for all the info guys, now I really want to get one. In some of the pics on page one the sides look really small - like 1' or 2'. I wonder if this is because they downsized. I will try a 28 first and hope the back won't look big

gezzerdon

Post by gezzerdon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:40 am

Justin88 wrote:
gezzerdon wrote:Hi can you send me a link so i can view them lol. gez.
Hey Gez--Dont know where you live. Heres the swimoutlet link a US site. http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1420.htm

They sell it for US$35. Okay price for one of the better comp suits. TYR has something similar. Dont know much about it.

-j

Hi justin88, thanks for the link. i live in the united Kingdom/ British isles, south of Boy Wonder/Wales uk. the postage is a bit steep but what the heck, :P Gez.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:14 pm

gezzerdon wrote:[Hi justin88, thanks for the link. i live in the united Kingdom/ British isles, south of Boy Wonder/Wales uk. the postage is a bit steep but what the heck, :P Gez.
Looks like the postage will be about US$23.00 maybe.

I just bot a "new without tags" Aquablade on the U.S. ebay site. US$24 with postage.

gezzerdon

Post by gezzerdon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:29 am

Justin88 wrote:
gezzerdon wrote:[Hi justin88, thanks for the link. i live in the united Kingdom/ British isles, south of Boy Wonder/Wales uk. the postage is a bit steep but what the heck, :P Gez.

I just bot a "new without tags" Aquablade on the U.S. ebay site. US$24 with postage.

Hi Justin88" i signed up for a news letter from the link you gave me, they have given me a 10% discount on my first order. ive bought 1 aquablade trunk,in red/black, 1 Jammer, 1 team basic swim cossy in light blue. looking forwards to them arriving lol Gez.

gezzerdon

Post by gezzerdon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:53 am

gezzerdon wrote:
Justin88 wrote:

Hi Justin88" i signed up for a news letter from the link you gave me, they have given me a 10% discount on my first order. ive bought 1 aquablade trunk,in red/black, 1 Jammer, 1 team basic swim cossy in light blue. looking forwards to them arriving lol Gez.

:P I spent over $75 postage was free to uk :P Im a very happy chappie :mrgreen:

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:52 pm

gezzerdon wrote:
gezzerdon wrote:

Whoa Gez!! You bot out the store. Pretty cool price for all the stuff you got, speshly with free shipping. Awesome. Post pics when you get them!!

The Aquablade I bot is a dark green that they dont make anymore. I kinda like the Royal blue, but I like green too and I'll know if the 30 fits and if I can downsize later. I think my stretched solar is a 24. But I figure I can wear the 30 for laps anywhere.

oh and you can call me just Justin if you want. Justin88 is for formal occasions. :P

gezzerdon

Post by gezzerdon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Justin88 wrote:
gezzerdon wrote:
gezzerdon wrote:

Whoa Gez!! You bot out the store. Pretty cool price for all the stuff you got, speshly with free shipping. Awesome. Post pics when you get them!!

The Aquablade I bot is a dark green that they dont make anymore. I kinda like the Royal blue, but I like green too and I'll know if the 30 fits and if I can downsize later. I think my stretched solar is a 24. But I figure I can wear the 30 for laps anywhere.

oh and you can call me just Justin if you want. Justin88 is for formal occasions. :P
Hi justin, i must admit i would have liked the dark green, very sexy lol its my birth sign,gez.

Cozzy

Post by Cozzy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi, wow. swimshopvare only selling them for £10
http://www.swimshop.co.uk/Aquablade-Brief-PAQUABRIEF/

gezzerdon

Post by gezzerdon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:02 pm

sorry dude" not my size"

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm

I got the Aquablade that I bought on ebay today. It's a cool dark green...forest green. Man...these suits run small like Asian. Got the 30. Good thing I didn't get a 28. Fits tighter than the Aqux in the avatar. Really thin fabric fits and feels like a second skin. Amazing.

speedoB2598

Post by speedoB2598 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:51 pm

I know I'm a little late, but here are 3 pics of me in my Aquablade (size 30). The briefs I'm wearing in my avatar are 28 if it gives you any idea of the sizing.
Attachments
Aquablade3.jpg
Aquablade3.jpg (144.85 KiB) Viewed 4941 times
Aquablade2.jpg
Aquablade2.jpg (92.63 KiB) Viewed 4941 times
Aquablade1.jpg
Aquablade1.jpg (99.74 KiB) Viewed 4941 times