G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Small Sizing?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Justin88

Re: Small Sizing?

Post by Justin88 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:29 am

The Boy Wonder wrote: The one's ive ordered are size M Aqux so hopefully they should fit me just right.

I can't wait!! This long delivary time is killing me haha damn them being shipped straight from Japan.
TBW>>The Thailand suit took almost TWO weeks to get here. :roll: They didn't charge a lot for shipping tho....only like US$4 or something. The M should fit you okay. About an hour before sunset last night I wore the Aqux to the beach for the first time. Took off my boardies real fast and jumped in the surf. I used the beach in front of an pricey hotel where people from Europe stay and you see a few speedos. I had put the suit on really careful and tied the cord as tight as I could to make sure nothing slipped. With that mesh thing in the butt seam the suit stayed glued to my butt when I was swimming. Nothing slipped. I could feel the water going in and out of the seam. When I got out of the surf there were a few people around. They didnt even look.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:34 am

haha great job Justin - you're getting more and more daring ... i love it!!! And you know even if they did look they probably liked what they saw anyway :mrgreen:

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:36 am

newspeedo wrote:@Justin88 I'm glad you like those cross-cross Speedos. They're becoming my favorite pair. Even more than the red Priape! I'm pretty sure that I'll be going to Rehoboth Beach next week and I'll probably wear 'em (and maybe take pix). Hope they're not too risque for the homos there. :mrgreen:
Not many gay/bi guys my age here who wear speedos. A few in Fort Lauderdale. Maybe its different where U are. Yeah that crisscross pair are awesome. You look so good in those. The Priaps fit you perfect too!!! Where did U get that crisscross pair. Are they Asian or Europe? Like they were custom for U.

-j

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:39 am

Scotty wrote:haha great job Justin - you're getting more and more daring ... i love it!!! And you know even if they did look they probably liked what they saw anyway :mrgreen:
I wish Scotty. But thanks 8)

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:22 am

@Justin88 First, you're a lucky boy for living near the beach. Soooo jealous! Second, I think it is great that you were daring enough to wear such a skimpy suit (not to mention WHITE) in public. I've only worn a speedo three times in public spaces and each time they've gotten slightly skimpier but more importantly, every time I do I feel a little bit better about myself. It's cheap therapy, eh?

The criss-cross speedos are Japanese size M and I got them from eBay. Just goes to show what a crap-shoot eBay is. At the moment I can't find those amazing Aqux you have or any of the out-of-date Arena's that I like... Oh well. But I'm glad you like 'em. They fit pretty snug but I guess that's why they look so good haha. My boyfriend is very partial to the Priape, but they fit slightly looser... I have to tie the drawstring pretty tight or they might fall off a bit!

Final point- I really have to get myself a speedo with the butt seam- not only does it look hot but it sounds like it helps keep the suit stay put :mrgreen:

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:42 pm

newspeedo wrote:@Justin88 First, you're a lucky boy for living near the beach. Soooo jealous! Second, I think it is great that you were daring enough to wear such a skimpy suit (not to mention WHITE) in public. I've only worn a speedo three times in public spaces and each time they've gotten slightly skimpier but more importantly, every time I do I feel a little bit better about myself. It's cheap therapy, eh?
Hey Newspeedo!!

Yeah. Thats how I did it. I started wearing a black speedo 3 inch side suit. Then I wore one of my downsized TYRs. Finally the Aqux. When I wear a suit for the first time I always get hard. That goes away the more I wear it. The water is like 86 right now. I got hard in the Aqux in the water. :oops: That suit feels so sexy you have to. But I got floppy as I got back on the beach.
The criss-cross speedos are Japanese size M and I got them from eBay. Just goes to show what a crap-shoot eBay is. At the moment I can't find those amazing Aqux you have or any of the out-of-date Arena's that I like... Oh well. But I'm glad you like 'em. They fit pretty snug but I guess that's why they look so good haha.

Final point- I really have to get myself a speedo with the butt seam- not only does it look hot but it sounds like it helps keep the suit stay put :mrgreen:
They kinda looked like they were from Japan. ebay can be weird. Sometimes they have lots. sometimes nada. Try ebay stores. Like you I also want to get those Asian Arena butt seam suits. Helps the suit stay tight on the Aqux anyway. Even tight suits seem to loosen in the water.

Hope you find something cool on ebay. Righ now I kinda spent my suit budget.
-j

swimkid

Post by swimkid » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:36 pm

try this? Pretty skimpy and has a butt seam. I have the blue one. Been wearing it regularly to the condo pool.
But sizing is pretty small, even for a M (30in waist).

http://www.txm.co.jp/ec/product.aspx?pid=556429&ct=DS

tylerdurden

Post by tylerdurden » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:56 pm

The sizing on those AQUX suits is quite variable. I bought two off Ebay and I suspect they were not genuine Japanese ones but were copies made in China as they were quite cheap. One is size M and one is size L but the size L is smaller than the M! The M is a nice snug fit but the L is a little too tight.

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:29 pm

swimkid wrote:try this? Pretty skimpy and has a butt seam. I have the blue one. Been wearing it regularly to the condo pool.

I dunno, buddy... that's a bit skimpy even for me... but for anyone who can pull that off? Bravo!

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:05 am

newspeedo wrote:
swimkid wrote:try this? Pretty skimpy and has a butt seam. I have the blue one. Been wearing it regularly to the condo pool.
I dunno, buddy... that's a bit skimpy even for me... but for anyone who can pull that off? Bravo!
Hmm yeah i do like some of those suits ... but i agree they are a bit skimpy. And SwimKid, you've been getting away with that at the condo pool? Congratulations! - wouldn't mind seeing that :mrgreen:

swimkid

Post by swimkid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:50 am

Scotty wrote:
newspeedo wrote:
Hmm yeah i do like some of those suits ... but i agree they are a bit skimpy. And SwimKid, you've been getting away with that at the condo pool? Congratulations! - wouldn't mind seeing that :mrgreen:
in asia, speedos r the norm. Yes, it is also skimpy by our asian standards too. The aqux would be normal though. Arenas are a dime a dozen here too. Arena with 1.5in sides sells for about if i am not mistaken, below usd20 i think, but then sale is going on now, and some are going for like usd10 a pair.

But condo pools are pretty lenient, and no harm showing more, compared to baggy shorts.

speedo.boy

Post by speedo.boy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:38 am

I've got a tiny waist, so I have the same problem! I'm probably about a 24", as 26" skinny jeans (the smallest i can get) are still loose.

I have resorted to buying a boy's size 10 Speedo brand... which fit pretty well, but the only issue is, if I ever get a bit 'excited' wearing them (as happens quite often when I'm in speedos) my cock will not stay in my speedo - and I know this is convenient some of the time, but when you're at a public beach or pool - this can be a bit of an issue!

Also, the boy's sizes rarely come in sexy or interesting styles or patterns.

From this topic, I assume I'm best to go an Aqux?

speedo.boy

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:17 am

I haven't really resorted to boys speedos because frankly (and this is my own opinion) I'd rather wear a pair of somewhat fitted swim shorts than a classic speedo brief style. They remind me of like jockey briefs. I'd rather boxer shorts instead of like granny panties, no?

Haha anyway asian speedos are of course the way to go for guys like us. I think you're a bit smaller than me, which means you'd need a size small in Aqux or maybe even SS in other asian brands.

For reference I wear size 27" jeans from Diesel (other companies don't go that small) but they run kinda big so I'm probably more like 28" waist in reality. I posted some pictures of me in medium Aqux somewhere else on the board if you'd like to get an idea of how they look on a real person rather than a model. I think they're kinda skimpy for even a gay beach, personally but they do look good haha.

http://www.thespeedoforum.com/viewtopic ... 99&start=0

The first set was of me in small and the second set in medium

speedo.boy

Post by speedo.boy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:54 am

Newspeedo hose photos are hot!

And yeah I know they're too skimpy for in public, but I'd happily wear them for "other" occasions!

I think I'm set on getting a pair of Aqux's...hopefully in White!

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am

Haha, definitely good for "other uses", dude. Just a tad expensive for something, which will never see the light of day. In fact I'm somewhat sad that I bought mine.... I really thought I could wear it in public. Ah well.

Enjoy your white speedos and make sure to show us some snaps!

speedo.boy

Post by speedo.boy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:49 am

Haha yeah, very expensive, but I'm sure I could find some secluded beach at which I could wear them! Or at a gym with a pool, maybe.

And yes, photos for sure, as soon as my internet starts working properly - I've resorted to using my iPhone to use the internet, but it won't let me upload photos onto forums like this.

caljr

Post by caljr » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Super nice profile pic, Newspeedo !!

I would recommend this European brand: TURBO sold in the US i think (just google : TURBO SWIM*)

you should go for Small, and they will suit you perfectly tight, especially the WaterPolo ones, it gets you very compressed for very good sports reasons (don't get any chance for the other team to catch you)

norman bates

Post by norman bates » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:20 am

No need to resort to boys sizes, my youngest age 9 is a size 26" waist and he is wearing Aussiebum nylon classic in XXS. he wears them as underwear and to swim in so they get plenty of use and as for cost at about £15 they are more than normal underwear but they do last a long time. the ones i wear are at least 5 years old and still look as good now as when i got them. when i wore normal underwear i was lucky to get a year out of them.

just sent for 3 new pairs one each for our surfing holiday to Newquay in two weeks