G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Washing the Speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

lycramike34
Great Britain

Washing the Speedos

Post by lycramike34 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:36 am

Sure there's quite a few guys here who do actually wear there Speedos as a form of Underwear from day to day.So how do you go about washing them.

1) Straight into the Machine with the other stuff.
2) Bowl of Warm Water,and a gentle Rinse in that.
3) Wear them while in the Shower,and clean them Showering
4) Go to the local Pool/Beach and use that for there washing off.
5) Just Not Bother, find another Clean pair.

Shower usually does it for me.
Attachments
Picture 203.jpg
Picture 203.jpg (111.68 KiB) Viewed 9105 times

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Re: Washing the Speedos

Post by Speedoaddict » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:26 am

lycramike34 wrote:Sure there's quite a few guys here who do actually wear there Speedos as a form of Underwear from day to day.So how do you go about washing them.

All of the above mike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

gx0100
Wales

Post by gx0100 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:22 pm

lycramike34 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:36 am
Sure there's quite a few guys here who do actually wear there Speedos as a form of Underwear from day to day.So how do you go about washing them.

If and when I wear my speedos as underwear, I wouldn’t put them in the washing machine ever... I’d either take a shower at home or hand wash them in the sink. Or, as you suggest, use it as an excuse to go the local swimming baths and wear them there. (But if I took them to the pool, I’d wash them in a bowl of water anyway as I like to shower naked and tend to leave my speedos at my locker!)

Speedo82
Denmark

Post by Speedo82 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:50 pm

Please don’t go to my local pool to clean your dirty underwear ;-)
The water quality will be poor if everybody wear their ‘underwear’ in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:30 pm

If I wear them as underwear they just go into the wash with everything else. The ones that I only swim in just get dried out

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:30 pm
If I wear them as underwear they just go into the wash with everything else. The ones that I only swim in just get dried out
You must be very attached to your speedos to wear 'em happily as underwear, Sam! Although, to be fair, I have done the same thing, but only when I'm behind in the washing. :lol:

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:25 am

blueflinch wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:26 pm
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:30 pm
You must be very attached to your speedos to wear 'em happily as underwear, Sam! Although, to be fair, I have done the same thing, but only when I'm behind in the washing. :lol:
I am! :lol:
When they're not good enough for the pool anymore I just wear them. Also when I'm travelling away because they're quick drying for an overnight washout in the hotel rooms which helps with packing light.

lycramike34
Great Britain

Post by lycramike34 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:39 am

Speedo82 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:50 pm
Please don’t go to my local pool to clean your dirty underwear ;-)
The water quality will be poor if everybody wear their ‘underwear’ in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its NOT Underwear that will be worn in the Pool. It's Guys that Wear Speedos as a form of Underwear, during the Day. Then go to the Pool in them as a form of Washing them ..

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:42 am

If I wear mine as underwear it is usually at the beach (if and when I go) purely because they dry so quick. If I am at home and wear them or even sleep in a pair they are washed in with my normal washing. I have a pair for the gym for under my shorts but alway, always shower before I go into the pool to wash the sweat off or I take a change of trunks with me.

Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:52 am

You can always tell when Rugby have been in the pool first because it always smells like Lynx Africa in the water. :lol:

Baltspeed
Latvia

Post by Baltspeed » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:40 am

I don't wear my speedos as underwear. Only for swimming laps or at a waterslide. When showering (of course naked!) I rinse them only with clear water.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:52 am
You can always tell when Rugby have been in the pool first because it always smells like Lynx Africa in the water. :lol:
That's too funny, Sam! :mrgreen:

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:57 pm

I once wore my swim breifs as underwear because after working out, I forgot to pack some underwear in my gym bag.

lycramike34
Great Britain

Post by lycramike34 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:53 am

Gone somewhat of the track i first spoke of. Mainly being ''How do you wash the Speedos IF you have worn them during the Day.
Options at the top of this Topic.

lycramike34
Great Britain

Post by lycramike34 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:58 am

Speedoaddict wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:42 am
If I wear mine as underwear it is usually at the beach (if and when I go) purely because they dry so quick. If I am at home and wear them or even sleep in a pair they are washed in with my normal washing. I have a pair for the gym for under my shorts but alway, always shower before I go into the pool to wash the sweat off or I take a change of trunks with me.

Have you not found that the heat of the water in the Washing machine has Ruined the Elastic around the waist and legs. Like you i do also Sleep in them as Well, but generally just rinse them out in a Bowl of Clean warm water, and sometime add a bit of ''Softener'' to the water

fourof14
United States of America

Post by fourof14 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:16 am

lycramike34 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:58 am
Speedoaddict wrote:

Have you not found that the heat of the water in the Washing machine has Ruined the Elastic around the waist and legs. Like you i do also Sleep in them as Well, but generally just rinse them out in a Bowl of Clean warm water, and sometime add a bit of ''Softener'' to the water
The main reason I don’t wear my speedos as underwear is, I’ve always done physical labor. Nylon and Polyester tends to make you sweat, and that doesn’t feel or smell very good.

White7

Post by White7 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:55 am

Number 2 but instead I use cool water because speedo tend age quickly in higher temp
and also number 3 if I rinse after swimming or I just don't want to wear it off after a whole day wear it as undies lol

Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:18 am

lycramike34 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:58 am
Speedoaddict wrote:

Warm or cold wash is not a problem. Just throw them in. Some people put them in mesh bags which then go into the machine, but mine have never had that.

rmf

Post by rmf » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:28 pm

As a swimmer, I cringe every time I see someone walk dry on to the deck and get right into the pool without showering first. And it drives me absolutely insane when I get to the pool as the aqua aerobic ladies are jumping away and the scent of perfume is overpowering the smell of chlorine. As the saying goes, no one wants to swim in your toilet...
straight, married w/ kids.

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:01 pm

I just hand wash with cold water and soap, then air dry. Every now and then a pair ends up in the wash by mistake- which hasn't seemed to be too detrimental, but I try to avoid it if I can. (If they do end up in the wash make sure to air dry!).