G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

speedo friendly destinations

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

hispeedofan

Re: speedo friendly destinations

Post by hispeedofan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:54 pm

diveguy wrote:
hispeedofan wrote:Looks like anytime there is a lifeguard competition, the beach will be full of guys donning speedos and no one seems to think twice.
I LOVE that picture! GREAT looking couple, so confident and relaxed in their little swimsuits. I also like seeing all the other guys standing around in their speedos in the background, and I wish it could be that way every day, not just during lifeguard competitions. Speedos are so comfortable, efficient to wear while in the water, and the tan you get is awesome. I have to believe that most guys that regularly wear a speedo in competitions like lifeguarding, platform diving, water polo etc., would love to wear them casually on the beach all the time but don't because of the bullshit fashion or cultural pressures that frown upon it.
I agree, not to mention they dry quickly and allow full range of motion with your legs.

me&myspeedo

Post by me&myspeedo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Spain Italy and France r all speedo friendly. I felt very comfortable there its just accepted as the norm.
Bi college swimmer into wearing my speedo any chance I get. Enjoy talking about speedos and hanging with other speedo loving dudes at the pool the beach or around the house. PM me if you're the same.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:22 am

Gotta say ... was at St. Pete Beach, Florida two weeks ago and it was not exactly Speedo unfriendly. First got there, walking the beach that afternoon, saw two older guys separate from each other in Speedos. The next day, there was a younger guy with a girl wearing a bright red Speedo at the resort I was at, and a then a couple more guys wearing square-cuts up on the beach. Good enough for me! I actually spent time laying out in the sun at the resort and walking on the beach in mine!!! Passed a good looking guy with the most incredible tan in a small dark blue Adidas three stripe. He had definitely spent some time in his suit with his amazing tan lines. Funny thing ... his friend was wearing board shorts. Saw probably another half dozen or so Speedo's sprinkled along the beach on my random walks. Went to the Beachwear Store across the street looking for a t-shirt and sunscreen and actually found a full rack of Real Speedo's! A colorful array of Solars and another unknown brand that seemed to run on the brief side :). Yes, they are out there and people are still wearing them.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:16 pm

Terron wrote:I for one have always worn Speedos & still do on all my many beach holidays but I think you have to be careful not to offend people by showing too much of a bulge or outline of your manhood anywhere A beach is probably better than a crowded hotel pool Some speedo wearers like to advertise their manhood for obvious reasons & just do it & have the guts to do it On a gay beach or at a gay hotel it is almost a requirement to show off a bit for a bit of attention The Spanish speaking countries Brazil Dutch/French islands do not seem to be offended in the least but the British islands seem more conservative Florida & the southern US seem quite open to Speedos on the larger beaches plus of course Provincetown Mass & California The main thing is to use a little common sense & have the confidence to just wear them & not worry about it Naturally if you are hung like a horse & are wearing a see through it will bring a lot of negative attention to you in many places anywhere Lets get out there & wear a speedo bikini brief racer or square cut like guys do in Europe & Australia & get a great tan line
Please people, in Brazil the official language is PORTUGUESE, not Spanish. I know because I have vacationed there more than once.

ThongDan

Post by ThongDan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Just got back from a weekend on Sanibel Island, FL for the wedding of some friends of ours. After doing a little bit of research online, I decided to take my wife to check out Bowman's Beach. It's a little bit removed from the hotels and such, and stretches a long ways east-west along the south shore of the island. If anything, it seemed like it would offer a bit more seclusion than usual.

I had told my wife, who supports my speedo habit, that it might be an opportunity to get in some speedo tanning away from our wedding guest friends. I tend to take a "what the hell, nobody knows us" attitude when we travel to spots like this. Also, the weather was perfect - warm and sunny, with not a single cloud in the sky. As usual I wore my speedo (a grey Solar on this particular occasion) under my board shorts. We got there and walked a bit down the beach, past where most other beach goers had set themselves up. There were a few other folks taking walks down to this end, but it was certainly much less crowded than I had expected, especially given it was a Saturday. We saw just one guy in a speedo along the walk.

We set our towels down and applied some sunscreen. My wife went to cool off in the water. I lay down on a towel, and off came the board shorts! What a great feeling - it had been a little while since I was able to lie out with just my speedo on. Had to try my best to tame the partial erection that immediately came on.

Once I got that under control, I walked down to join my wife in the water. She was having a blast and said that coming to this beach was a great decision. I stayed in the water for a while - I am still somewhat "discreet" when it comes to the speedo wearing and prefer to either be lying on a towel or in the water rather than parading in front of everybody on the beach in my speedo. After getting out, drying off, and lying out for a little while longer, it was time to go. The only disappointment was that my tan still needs a little work! : )

Anyhow, I feel there's a moral to this story - this could really have been almost any beach, anywhere. I say just do what you like, wear your speedos and leave it to everyone else to worry about what you are or are not wearing. I've gotten tired of all these "societal norms" around what to wear and do, and of how conservative our society has become, especially after we had moved away from that for a while in the 80's and 90's. Life's too short not to do what you want!

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:24 am

ThongDan wrote:this could really have been almost any beach, anywhere. I say just do what you like, wear your speedos and leave it to everyone else to worry about what you are or are not wearing. I've gotten tired of all these "societal norms" around what to wear and do, and of how conservative our society has become, especially after we had moved away from that for a while in the 80's and 90's. Life's too short not to do what you want!
When I was a teen I use to worry that my speedo was to skimpy, but now that I'm older and have matured I could care less what people think. Like I said in another post it's sad how gender automatically defines what we wear in society. It's also a shame that men are shamed by society to think that their bodies are gross or bad in some way, that the penis is only for reproduction only but otherwise has to be hidden. This in my opinion has huge affects on men's self-esteem and confidence. Guys are not allowed to be proud of there masculinity. This is why guys now compensate with things like Bro culture and the bromance, because they can say it's not gay it's just a Bro hug, therefore trying to over compensate for there masculinity and role as men in society. It use to be that if you were naked or nearly nude as a man through out history it was a sign of confidence and masculinity, men took pride in their bodies. If you look at the ancient Olympics they competed in the nude. It's awful that our society forces guys into shameful acts of violence, because of this over masculinized, male body shaming, hetero normative culture.