G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

South Beach, FL

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

ffboy357

South Beach, FL

Post by ffboy357 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:06 am

Hello Guys,

yesterday it happened that I watched one of my fav movies "The birdcage"
What I always wanted to know is how South Beach looked around 80s and 90s?

Was it really so speedo and even thong friendly for men on the beach.
You know in the movie there are a few scenes with men in thong and speedos. How nice :)
And even some girls in thongs and (I would say) extreme G-strings or so.

So, if anybody has the knowledge or even better the experience - what was like South Beach in 80s-90s era?

speedos4me!

Re: South Beach, FL

Post by speedos4me! » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 am

ffboy357 wrote:Hello Guys,

yesterday it happened that I watched one of my fav movies "The birdcage"
What I always wanted to know is how South Beach looked around 80s and 90s?

Was it really so speedo and even thong friendly for men on the beach.
You know in the movie there are a few scenes with men in thong and speedos. How nice :)
And even some girls in thongs and (I would say) extreme G-strings or so.

So, if anybody has the knowledge or even better the experience - what was like South Beach in 80s-90s era?
I really can't say about the 80's or 90's but, last year I went by the beach while on the way to dinner. I did see a woman in a thong and a couple of guys in speedos. This was roughly 8pm and I stood there for maybe 3 minutes before I had to go eat. BTW, I will be in Miami next week. I hope to stop by there again.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:58 am

I went to Miami in the mid 90s. There were a lot of speedo guys around. I wore my yellow one inch side suit, and my leopard patterned posing suit and got no comments or awkward glances. Mmm, wish I could go back for another visit!

Ricosuavemente

Post by Ricosuavemente » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:43 am

I live 25 minutes from south beach and there ate plenty of men wearing speedos. I usually go to Ft. Lauderdale beach just north of Miami and it is a a speedo friendly zone. Haven't had one person give me a bad remark or negative comment, its great.

I love South Florida!

speedos4me!

Post by speedos4me! » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:59 am

Ricosuavemente wrote:I live 25 minutes from south beach and there ate plenty of men wearing speedos. I usually go to Ft. Lauderdale beach just north of Miami and it is a a speedo friendly zone. Haven't had one person give me a bad remark or negative comment, its great.

I love South Florida!

I will be flying in to Ft. Lauderdale, I think i will have to stop at the beach there.