G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Stupid Trend

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedoboi
Canada

Stupid Trend

Post by speedoboi » Sat May 17, 2014 10:21 am

I believe this has been talked about by another member, but I decided to add my own. I don't understand why guys who look great are wearing boardshorts (aka. dork shorts) and underwear underneath, especially when they use the pool. At least wear a speedo underneath. For hygiene reasons, it's disgusting to be wearing underwear underneath your board shorts. Here's a picture to prove my point. This is an acquaintance of mine (Brazilian) with her boyfriend.
Attachments
Boardshorts & underwear..jpg
Boardshorts & underwear..jpg (67.34 KiB) Viewed 9318 times

frankjath

Re: Stupid Trend

Post by frankjath » Sat May 17, 2014 10:30 am

I too think this is stupid so I asked my dad and he said he doesn't like his junk moving around. The guy in the pic should just ditch the boardshorts. Maybe you could convince him to wear a speedo, he's Brazilian so maybe he would be open to it. If you have a pool at your house invite him over to swim but tell him you would prefer if he would wear a speedo or square cut suit because you don't want the pool to get dirty and for sanitary reasons. He is super sexy wouldn't mind seeing him in those Armani undies or a sexy speedo but those board shorts are a no go.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon May 19, 2014 12:16 am

This is more evidence of what I have been saying that popular American culture is influencing style worldwide for younger men, and that is NOT a good thing. In this case, here's an example of a man from a traditional speedo (or nowadays, the more squarecut-like sunga) wearing culture who rejects the sensuality of baring skin and instead adopts the American look of long baggy board shorts. Worse yet, he embraces the ridiculous trend of letting your drawers hang loose and low to the point where your fucking underwear is showing. First time I've seen it with swimwear but I'm not surprised, and maybe this brazilian dude is misinterpreting the "Americano" look. We see it all over here in the states for a couple decades now the low class dudes (and middle class homie wannabes, and dipshit celebrities like Justin Bieber) all walking around with their pants down halfway down their ass cheeks and their underwear showing. This all came about with the popular embrace of street gang culture, and the gang bangers all started the trend because they were trying to emulate the look of their homies in PRISON culture. That's where the look started... in PRISONS.

It's ridiculous, all the guys that sport that look are douche bags, and I hope that in one or two generations, the whole fucking look will just go away.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon May 19, 2014 12:17 am

Look how gorgeous that girl looks showing off all that skin in her bikini! That's the look of Brazil! The dude really needs to embrace his heritage.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Mon May 19, 2014 1:26 am

I agree 100% diveguy lucky that look is not as common as it use to be I see more and more guys going for 5 inch swim trunks instead of boardshorts. I'm really lucky to live in a place that has a nude beach aka the gay beach. The only guys there you see wearing boardshorts are the surfers. Most guys there go nude as its a nude beach but there are also lots of speedos and thong style swimsuits. I was really excited to see a guy around my age wearing a thong swimsuit most of the guys who do are much older. It was really funny today I had just come from the beach and on the way home I stopped of at a Chipotle to get something to go. I was wearing my short square cut suit Image and the man in front of me did a double take like he had never seen a man wear such short shorts before. For a long time TV and Movies in the US I don't know about other countries put actors in boardshorts however, the most recent movie that comes to mind is "The Other Women" there is a small scene when they are on a beach and one of the guys on the beach is wearing a square cut and most of the other guys are wearing a shorter boxer cut. Things are getting better but I think something big would have to happen for guys in the states to adopt speedo style cuts.

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Mon May 19, 2014 1:37 pm

It's fashion and fashion is just a way for Fucktards to identify each other.
The guy in the first picture, well the cap and sunglasses are wrong too, pretty much the only "right" thing in the picture is his girlfriend.
Real men wear Speedo's

markuswolf09
United States of America

Post by markuswolf09 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Sigh. I have to agree - fashion for fashion's sake is pretty retarded. And also, I am appalled at the way what's considered "fashionable" here becomes what's considered fashionable elsewhere.

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Mon May 19, 2014 6:59 pm

I had a thought that I would like to share. I think that in America we associate sex with showing more skin and as a society sex is taboo or not talked about subject. Other countries can separate the two therefore wearing something more revealing so to speak doesn't have anything to do with sex or maybe it does on some level but other countries are more open to more skin because sex is not taboo.

If American's can get out of their mind that showing more skin automatically equals sex separating the two, then thats when more speedo style cuts become acceptable.

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Tue May 20, 2014 2:42 pm

frankjath wrote:I had a thought that I would like to share. I think that in America we associate sex with showing more skin and as a society sex is taboo or not talked about subject. Other countries can separate the two therefore wearing something more revealing so to speak doesn't have anything to do with sex or maybe it does on some level but other countries are more open to more skin because sex is not taboo.

If American's can get out of their mind that showing more skin automatically equals sex separating the two, then thats when more speedo style cuts become acceptable.
I guess that's what happens in a country founded by Puritans!
Real men wear Speedo's

Pete25

Post by Pete25 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Have to agree with Norfcountryboy especially where the Puritans settled--New England is one of the most anti-speedo areas of the U.S. - at least in my limited experience.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Tue May 20, 2014 6:20 pm

I think guys wear underwear underneath their boardshorts thesedays because none of them practically have a liner to support your junk. I was at Acadamy yesterday looking at swim trunks and these Hurley and Quicksilver trunks caught my eye but they had no liner and I wasn't going to spend $40 on them. They were really nice but I'll wait for them to go down in price.
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue May 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Wow! The replies have been great. The picture of the couple: they are Brazilian, but they live in Toronto. I knew her at a social gathering. Yes she looks good, but once you get to know her, you would prefer cock over her pussy.

As for wearing underwear under your dork shorts, why not wear a swim brief? If you think carefully, it's unclean when you're wearing underwear underneath your dork shorts.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue May 20, 2014 8:04 pm

diveguy wrote:Look how gorgeous that girl looks showing off all that skin in her bikini! That's the look of Brazil! The dude really needs to embrace his heritage.
If you ever got to know her, you would quickly feel disgusted.

ffboy357

Post by ffboy357 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:23 am

I am always posting on the Trend topic.
As I said before - one must be totally blinded to wear underwear under swimwear (whatever type.)
Especially, if the underwear is a cotton blend, which in Armani case is almost sure to be 80-90% cotton.

I just don't know how these guys can stand it.
Maybe they just like to remember their childhood, when they were wetting their pants.
Because, that is how wet cotton underwear feels!

tombstone

Post by tombstone » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:03 am

i hate it.
i think those guys do it to keep their unexpected boner :D ... or they may not like the view when they get out of the water the shorts cover all parts of the body ;) ...
anyways, it really is disgusting... and i agree, they better wear speedo instead of a shitty underwear

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:09 am

On the occasion that I wear board shorts ... yes, I have a pair, and there are times that it is the only appropriate type of swimwear, I ALWAYS wear a Speedo under them. Usually something small and black.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

zaps
United States of America

Post by zaps » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:03 am

markuswolf09 wrote:Sigh. I have to agree - fashion for fashion's sake is pretty retarded. And also, I am appalled at the way what's considered "fashionable" here becomes what's considered fashionable elsewhere.
A few of my friends have given me a hard time because I don't care about fashion for fashion's sake. I wear what I feel comfortable in and nothing else. That's not to say that I dress like I slob. I dress nicely, but I wear what I want to wear. A friend of mine said I should buy Sperry's (shoes), and the only justification he could come up with was that they were in style. I just really don't understand that mentality.

But in regard to underwear. A lot of guys also wear boxers under boardshorts, which is worse than this pic because they don't provide any benefit and you are still wearing underwear under a swimsuit. I just don't get people sometimes.

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:18 am

A couple years ago, I went camping with a new group of friends from work. Great guys, late 20's. Straight, but not the macho/ego type.

Well, we're all getting ready to go to the beach, and the one dude, admittedly not very experienced around water, starts talking/joking about what you're supposed to wear under the board shorts. He was seriously confused about what you should do with new board shorts, now that they rarely have any... support. Ended up wearing normal underwear, I think.

So, for some guys, it's not about fashion. It's just confusion! And if a guy like that saw others on the beach with underwear under, that's what he'd do too, thinking it must be normal. It's the very opposite of wanting to be trendy! Just want to fit in.

Had I known them better at the time, I'd have said something about wearing a real swimsuit underneath, like I was. Need to make that the new normal... and in time they'll drop the board shorts!

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Well I was just to a water park today, and saw the strangest thing. A young guy was wearing below the knee shorts made out of Jersey. While waiting in line for a water slide, he took them off and I am fairly sure that what he was wearing was lavender trunk style underwear. I couldn't believe that somebody would stand in their underwear rather than wearing a speedo!

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:32 pm

electric2010 wrote:Well I was just to a water park today, and saw the strangest thing. A young guy was wearing below the knee shorts made out of Jersey. While waiting in line for a water slide, he took them off and I am fairly sure that what he was wearing was lavender trunk style underwear. I couldn't believe that somebody would stand in their underwear rather than wearing a speedo!
I would have said to him, "Since when do wear underwear to a water park?