G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Guys around my age in there twenties

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Shawnkjj

Re: Guys around my age in there twenties

Post by Shawnkjj » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:26 am

hi im from malaysia and here when i was young, everywhere you see speedos. its of late that square cuts and jams starts appearing. apparently generation Y has a sublime understanding that speedo wearers are gay.

for me, i keep to my old habits. i mean speedos are so much comfortable in during swimming and the tan line is so much better

hpfny

Post by hpfny » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 am

For you guys in the twenties.....provided that one is in decent shape as one ages.....how old is to old to wear speedos? I'm curious to know how you guys feel about it. Should a guy always have washboard abs, slim hips and be muscle bound to have the "right" to wear speedos?

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:48 am

hpfny wrote:For you guys in the twenties.....provided that one is in decent shape as one ages.....how old is to old to wear speedos? I'm curious to know how you guys feel about it. Should a guy always have washboard abs, slim hips and be muscle bound to have the "right" to wear speedos?
No. Any guy who loves speedos should be ble to wear one no matter how old he is, or what shape he's in.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

bruinboi
United States of America

Post by bruinboi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm 28 and love wearing speedos. I was a gymnast and diver growing up which got me into them and I always loved the tan lines.

A2Speedo

Post by A2Speedo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm 22 and although I don't have the best body, I will still wear a speedo or anything else tight to the pool over lame board shorts any day. I stopped caring about what other people think about what I wear.

Boywear
Great Britain

Post by Boywear » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm Twenty Two and have just started wearing speedos full time, after having worn Shorts for a while in the pool and as long as i can remember at the beach. The pool was an easy switch back, my local pool is a fitness pool so speedos are just a sign for a dedicated swimmer, so is an easy chance to get in the brief (plus to see others in theirs). At the Beach not so easy, though braved it this year, (June) just so I could start to gain a beautiful tan line! There were a few other young guys in them too, which is brilliant to see, something to pitch up near.

Do any of you other Twenty somethings wear them to the beach?

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Boywear wrote:I'm Twenty Two and have just started wearing speedos full time, after having worn Shorts for a while in the pool and as long as i can remember at the beach. The pool was an easy switch back, my local pool is a fitness pool so speedos are just a sign for a dedicated swimmer, so is an easy chance to get in the brief (plus to see others in theirs). At the Beach not so easy, though braved it this year, (June) just so I could start to gain a beautiful tan line! There were a few other young guys in them too, which is brilliant to see, something to pitch up near.

At the beaches I go too, speedos are non-existant. Here, I think speedos are seen as 'dedicated swimmer' and that's pretty much about it - so i wear them to the pool all the time but never get a chance to at the beach.

Maybe if I went into the sea for a long swim, I'd strip down, but I rarely swim in open water.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:22 am

bruinboi wrote:I'm 28 and love wearing speedos. I was a gymnast and diver growing up which got me into them and I always loved the tan lines.
Wouldn't mind seeing those tan lines.....
Let's keep it brief.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:28 am

Nate wrote: At the beaches I go too, speedos are non-existant. Here, I think speedos are seen as 'dedicated swimmer' and that's pretty much about it - so i wear them to the pool all the time but never get a chance to at the beach.

Maybe if I went into the sea for a long swim, I'd strip down, but I rarely swim in open water.
That surprises me Nate. I have been jealous of you European's having the freedom to wear the briefest briefs, but not so in the UK? Hopefully, it is still that way on the Mediterranean, looking forward to going back there soon and sporting a nice brief'y brief. ;)
Let's keep it brief.

Boywear
Great Britain

Post by Boywear » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:02 am

Nate wrote:
Boywear wrote:I'm Twenty Two and have just started wearing speedos full time, after having worn Shorts for a while in the pool and as long as i can remember at the beach. The pool was an easy switch back, my local pool is a fitness pool so speedos are just a sign for a dedicated swimmer, so is an easy chance to get in the brief (plus to see others in theirs). At the Beach not so easy, though braved it this year, (June) just so I could start to gain a beautiful tan line! There were a few other young guys in them too, which is brilliant to see, something to pitch up near.

At the beaches I go too, speedos are non-existant. Here, I think speedos are seen as 'dedicated swimmer' and that's pretty much about it - so i wear them to the pool all the time but never get a chance to at the beach.

Nate you've got to wear them at the beach! I'm sure you'd look great in them, picking up the tan! Start the Trend at the beaches near you. I want to hit a UK beach soon, possibly brighton, though cornwall would be great this time of year.
London - Addicted Speedo Swimmer - Always open for a speedo Chat

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:14 am

Boywear wrote:
Nate wrote:

Nate you've got to wear them at the beach! I'm sure you'd look great in them, picking up the tan! Start the Trend at the beaches near you. I want to hit a UK beach soon, possibly brighton, though cornwall would be great this time of year.
I imagine that Brighton and Cornwall might be different, but at my local beach it's not really the norm. The only times I've ever seen a speedo is the surfers getting changed into or out of their wetsuits. The water is just too cold to wear just a speedo.

Boywear
Great Britain

Post by Boywear » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:22 am

Nate
That's probably the best valid reason for not wearing a speedo, the cold. lol.

Would love to see you in and around the pool in one though, my pool the wearers aren't really around my age, which is cool, but it would be nice just to have some roughly the same age etc.

ncstr8male
United States of America

Post by ncstr8male » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm 24. recently I've started exclusively wearing speedo. I'm glad to see other guys my age are do also. ive never seen another guy my age wearing a speedo. makes it tough to do on a beach full of board shorts. I'd like to start a trend. get more young guys to wear them. I've seen a few straight guys examining me while at the beach. not looks of disgust as normal, but curiosity. that's how my speedo interest started.i was on a cruise in Florida and saw a younger man wearing a speedo and his hot wife and baby by his side.i was admiring him. not sexual interest, but envy. how secure and masculine he looked and obviously his wife felt the same way. so after our cruise,i did some online shopping.i ordered a few different Speedos before I found the cut I liked the best. it took me a few years to be brave enough to wear one in public for any lengthy of time. until this yea r, I've gotten big enough that I'm more confident showing off my body.i love the bashful smile from ladies, but I'm still shy of the giggles and snide looks.if more guys in the states would quit being scared to show their body, Speedos could make a comeback! :-)

solarguy
United States of America

Post by solarguy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:25 am

I don't think anybody would giggle at you in your speedos ncstr8, you look great in them!!

Boywear
Great Britain

Post by Boywear » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:17 am

ncstr8male wrote:Speedos could make a comeback! :-)
People are starting to realise the Speedo can make a guy look great! So guys are working on their bodies to then wear the speedo, isn't gonna get the world to change but if a few more guys in ever pool and beach change, it will be FAB!

deadendwaterfall

Post by deadendwaterfall » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Nate wrote:
Boywear wrote:quote="Nate"]

I imagine that Brighton and Cornwall might be different, but at my local beach it's not really the norm. The only times I've ever seen a speedo is the surfers getting changed into or out of their wetsuits. The water is just too cold to wear just a speedo.[/quote]I actually quite love wearing a speedo in cold water instead of warm water, it gives me a feeling of more power compared to if I was in warm water. When I used to go for swimming lessons when I was younger, we would more often than not swim in ice cold water and still wear speedos.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm 28 and have been wearing speedos all my life. I started swimming competatively in highschool and just kept to it really. I'm not shy about my body and would go to nudist beaches occasionally. In general though if I'm at the pool, beach or (I do a lot of work in Switzerland) lakes, I always wear my speedo. I have about 10 different pairs but only own swim briefs (and have only owned swim briefs since I was 12 lol).

Nobody gives me funny looks or comments because I feel confident wearing them :) I'm not sure what age I have to be to stop wearing them and put something more conservative on tho? What do you guys think?

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:21 am

Jasper wrote:
Nobody gives me funny looks or comments because I feel confident wearing them :) I'm not sure what age I have to be to stop wearing them and put something more conservative on tho? What do you guys think?
The answer is never. Never stop wearing your speedo if you still love to. Yeah, old guys tend to get loose and flabby and don't "look" as good in a speedo as the young guys but if it makes the old guys happy then nobody should give a damn. Don't care what anyone else thinks, fuck 'em.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:40 am

You look fantastic, mate. And keep wearing them for as long as you feel comfortable in them.

SpeedoDan
Great Britain

Post by SpeedoDan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:16 am

I'm Twenty Two and have just started wearing speedos full time, after having worn Shorts for a while in the pool and as long as i can remember at the beach. The pool was an easy switch back, my local pool is a fitness pool so speedos are just a sign for a dedicated swimmer, so is an easy chance to get in the brief (plus to see others in theirs). At the Beach not so easy, though braved it this year, (June) just so I could start to gain a beautiful tan line! There were a few other young guys in them too, which is brilliant to see, something to pitch up near.

I imagine that Brighton and Cornwall might be different, but at my local beach it's not really the norm. The only times I've ever seen a speedo is the surfers getting changed into or out of their wetsuits. The water is just too cold to wear just a speedo.
Hi, I'm 22 from Brighton. I've been addicted to speedos since a young age, I have worn them under my board shorts for a few years then I finally got the courage to wear them on their own. I get a few odd looks from the straight guys at the gym but my gym has many gay members so the looks are usually flirty/positive. I have seen a few speedos on the beach as well this summer, getting more popular every year.