G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussiebums- HELP!

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Okieswimmer
United States of America

Aussiebums- HELP!

Post by Okieswimmer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Okay, so I've been considering buying my first pair of aussiebums, and I have a few questions/concerns for the seasoned professionals:

1) The only swim briefs I've ever worn are made of a nylon/spandex mixed fabric, which gave me N.R.B. (no-reason-boner) security, as the tight, stretchy fabric kind of kept my john-thomas in check. I'm not sure what to expect from a 100% nylon bathing suit. Does the fabric provide more give or make erections more noticeable than other swim briefs?

2) I'm thinking of going with a darker color, (either blue or burgundy) as the lighter colors are supposed to be rather see-through when wet. But just how see-through are the darker colors when wet?

3) Should I go with the "classic" (pictured) or "loose" style suit? I don't wanna be mashed in there too tight, but at the same time, my dick needs limitations or he'll wander away from me like a dog off a leash.

4) Should I go with the "wonderjock" line? I kind of like the idea of a gentle boost, but I don't want it to look obvious, and I also don't want it to interfere with comfort.

Anyhow, those are my questions. Most of these had to do with my N.R.B. paranoia, but any other comments about the brand would be helpful and appreciated!
Attachments
classic_burgundy_i24.jpg
Yeah, that's not me, just the swimsuit I want.
classic_burgundy_i24.jpg (27.07 KiB) Viewed 6803 times

Okieswimmer
United States of America

Re: Aussiebums- HELP!

Post by Okieswimmer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm also considering these bad boys:
Attachments
IS_loose_nowra_4.jpg
IS_loose_nowra_4.jpg (76.46 KiB) Viewed 6800 times

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:42 pm

From my experiences with Aussiebum:

1) The fabric is very light and very smooth, you will get a boner! At least I did anyway.

2) Yes, go for a darker colour. They won't go see-through. The reds are very nice. If you look on the product page they all have sheer ratings to tell you how see-through they are if you are unsure.

3) I've gone with the classic twice now and both times I've enjoyed them but wish I had either gone for a size up or for the loose fit. I think if you don't like them tight - go for the loose fit.

4) I've tried the Wonderjock and hated it. It enhanced my bulge to disgustingly un-natural proportions and I found it very uncomfortable on the twins.

As far as your N.R.B paranoia goes - Aussiebums were made to feel and look sexy, so I think you're almost guaranteed to get a rumble in the jungle!

Here's my ice-blue classics, these were a Wonderjock. Incredibly uncomfortable.

Here's a pair called Retro Nirvana. Interesting fit, great fabric. Slightly thicker fabric than the classics but they felt amazing, constantly got hard in these so I could never wear them to the pool hah

And then last but not least, my beloved red classics (R.I.P). They were great, felt amazing but were just a size too small to be comfortable :( one day I will invest in another pair just one size up. I may even go for the loose.

Hope some of this information helped, some others may have a different opinion from me, let us know if you order a pair and what pair you ordered! :)

ism_au

Post by ism_au » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:02 am

Hey,

I have a few pairs and have to say the lighter colours do go a bit more see-thru - I had a pair of light purple ones and they're fairly see thru (esp in the ass area).. the last pair I had was Portsea (royal blue) and they're quite nice.. I still wear them to the pool sometimes.

The only issue I have with them is that the drawstring doesn't tie very well and no matter how I do it - it always comes loose in the water when I'm swimming. I guess if you just put them on and play around in the water it won't be so much of an issue but I had a lot of issue of it coming loose and at one stage my dick almost flopped out of it! .. had to stop myself half way through the pool to re-tie it back up! don't want to be arrested for indecent exposure. :p

As with Nate - I didn't like the Wonderjocks either - they do make your bulge look rather unnatural. I also had a pair of league (lycra based) which I bought correct to size on the website but it was WAY too small to swim in when I got it - was rather uncomfortable so I got rid of that one also. Maybe the league series has improved since then (mine was League 07)..

I still think the strips is quite cute for a pool party. http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear/193/soda%20blue

tanned bum

Post by tanned bum » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:34 am

other companies have better quality nylon than Aussiebum - even though there is a lot of variance in their quality from batch to batch. (First suit I got - basic black nylon - was great. The next one the nylon was a lot thinner and sizing off. They got so popular so fast that I have a feeling they are having trouble finding the fabric they need. Causie (sp?) has a better suit and they work hard to keep quality consistent.

lucky4lf

Post by lucky4lf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:06 am

I have a few pairs of the aussiebums, both classic and loose. The darker colors are not see through at all when wet, I have the classics in navy and I've never had a problem. I would definitely suggest with going up one size from what you normally wear. In other aussiebum styles I wear a small but for the classic and loose the smalls are just too tight but mediums are perfect. The wonderjock does tend to look a little bit obvious and unnatural in my opinion.

tanned bum

Post by tanned bum » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:48 pm

my complaint with Aussiebum is the variation in sizing. The solid ones seem to fit different than the ones with stripes on the sides, the Hawaiian print had a different fit from the others. Also noticed that the nylon has gotten thinner in the last year or so from when they first came on the market.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:37 am

Okieswimmer wrote:Okay, so I've been considering buying my first pair of aussiebums, and I have a few questions/concerns for the seasoned professionals:

1) The only swim briefs I've ever worn are made of a nylon/spandex mixed fabric, which gave me N.R.B. (no-reason-boner) security, as the tight, stretchy fabric kind of kept my john-thomas in check. I'm not sure what to expect from a 100% nylon bathing suit. Does the fabric provide more give or make erections more noticeable than other swim briefs?

2) I'm thinking of going with a darker color, (either blue or burgundy) as the lighter colors are supposed to be rather see-through when wet. But just how see-through are the darker colors when wet?

3) Should I go with the "classic" (pictured) or "loose" style suit? I don't wanna be mashed in there too tight, but at the same time, my dick needs limitations or he'll wander away from me like a dog off a leash.

4) Should I go with the "wonderjock" line? I kind of like the idea of a gentle boost, but I don't want it to look obvious, and I also don't want it to interfere with comfort.

Anyhow, those are my questions. Most of these had to do with my N.R.B. paranoia, but any other comments about the brand would be helpful and appreciated!
They nylon doesn't stretch much at all and definately less than lycra.

The darker nylons are not see through when wet, but they do fade in chlorine a fair bit and with fading they do become slightly see through at the back.

The classic and the loose are still the same sizing. The difference is the classic has an elastic in the waist as well as a draw string. The loose only has the draw string. Nut space is still the same.

I'm not sure with boners what is better. I think I'm one of the few that dont bone up when I get them on.