G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hi from Canada

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

pooablo

Hi from Canada

Post by pooablo » Sun May 27, 2012 8:30 am

I am gay, Asian, 28, and I have been a speedo aficionado every since I was 4. I remember the first time borrowing a pair of used blue speedos from a cousin of mine and keeping it tucked away secretly in my closet. I loved wearing it and I always had a rush putting it on.

I am happy to be on a forum here to share my love of swim briefs with other guys. Thank you to Dave for organizing this and sharing his sexy stories.
Attachments
Dead Sea.jpg
Black Japanese Speedos
Dead Sea.jpg (310.33 KiB) Viewed 7433 times
Last edited by pooablo on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Diveguy

Re: Hi from Edmonton, AB

Post by Diveguy » Mon May 28, 2012 1:42 am

Hi there and welcome. I am a fairly new member myself. I am not gay but I love speedos and I love the small japanese style suits the best and the black one in your picture looks incredible! And the red one in the avatar too. I wish that Speedo sold them that small here in the states.

I also want to say that your tiny black Speedo looks great on you. Or if you prefer, you look great in your tiny black Speedo! I wish more guys would wear speedos gay or straight doesn't matter because speedos are just the greatest bathing suits on earth!

pooablo

Post by pooablo » Mon May 28, 2012 6:23 am

Hey diveguy. Thanks for the compliments. If you really like the Japanese speedos, you can buy them on rakuten (global.rakuten.com). It's a Japanese version of Amazon. I got my two speedos in the pics there.

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Mon May 28, 2012 10:12 am

Jeez you're looking super great in your Japanese suits! When I was younger (maybe 5 years ago) I had a small collection of Japanese suits that I would occasionally wear to nude beaches. However, I don't have a body like yours and became somewhat self conscious about such skimpy suits on me. HOWEVER, you look fantastic. Keep it up!

Also, is that a picture of you at the Dead Sea? I have always wanted to go to Israel but it's quite expensive. What brought you there?

zee

Post by zee » Mon May 28, 2012 10:18 am

Welcome! great speedos u have there! japanese speedos fit u well.

pooablo

Post by pooablo » Mon May 28, 2012 4:16 pm

@newspeedo -- I spent a month in Israel during February and March of 2011. I went there because I had already travelled extensively in Asia and Europe but never in the Middle East. The men and women there are incredibly sexy and the beaches are beautiful. I volunteered on organic farm for two weeks while I was there and spent the remainder of the visit some of the ancient sites. For such a small country, it is packed with middle hidden marvels and gems. I would love to go back!

Your avatar pic shows a very nice body -- you could pull off the Japanese cut if you wanted to. :)

@zee -- Thanks for the compliments.

Here is another speedo pic of myself.
Attachments
IMG_2337.JPG
Japanese Arenas
IMG_2337.JPG (257.82 KiB) Viewed 7338 times

Diveguy

Post by Diveguy » Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am

pooablo wrote:Hey diveguy. Thanks for the compliments. If you really like the Japanese speedos, you can buy them on rakuten (global.rakuten.com). It's a Japanese version of Amazon. I got my two speedos in the pics there.

Wow, pooablo, thank you for that source! Huge selection there from many manufacturers including Speedo, Asics and Arena. This inspires me to get back into shape and if I am successful then treat myself to a few pairs of these little suits as a reward!

The Boy Wonder

Post by The Boy Wonder » Tue May 29, 2012 9:18 am

You have a great body, you look fantastic in a speedo, you'll fit in well round here =] welcome to the boards! I can't wait to see more.

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Pooablo, thanks for yet another great photo! As I am Jewish I was eligible for the "Birthrite" trip to Israel but wasn't all that interested in going at the time. I regret that choice now. As I understand it Israel can be anything you want- beautiful people and beaches, clubs, bars, restaurants, history, religion, outdoor activities, etc. One day, when I have more $$$ in my bank account I hope to be able to go.

I don't know if this stereotype is true but I've heard that Canadians travel more than almost any other group of people. Perhaps that is why you've traveled so much- it's in your DNA as a Canadian!

Perhaps one day I'll be in better shape again and the Japanese suits can come back. For now I'm wearing my well-fitting shorts.

zee

Post by zee » Tue May 29, 2012 10:38 pm

nice arena too.

post more pics of yourself in speedos!

pooablo

Post by pooablo » Tue May 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Here is an older pic of myself in my very first Japanese Arena speedos. I remembered how well they fit on me because they were designed for Asian bodies. :)

@newspeedo -- Hehe, I am familiar with Birthrite. One of my close friends is Jewish and he met his wife through that program. My ex was also Jewish so I have had a lot of exposure to Jewish cultures and traditions. I am actually studying Hebrew now. My goal is to read the Book of Job in Hebrew. Do you speak Hebrew too?

Hehe, I am not sure about the travel statistics for Canadians. I have always thought Israelis were well-travelled given that they live in a small country surrounded by mostly hostile neighbours. I am always shocked when I come across Israelis even in a place like Edmonton though I like to surprise Israeli travellers whom I bump into during my travels by randomly speaking to them in Hebrew. :P

I know there is an Israeli swimsuit brand called G-lad (www.g-lad.com) which is based in Tel Aviv. The site has some interesting suits but they seem to be better suited for beefier men.
Attachments
IMG_382.JPG
February 2006, Gold Coast, Australia
IMG_382.JPG (297.87 KiB) Viewed 6042 times

DutchSwimmer

Post by DutchSwimmer » Wed May 30, 2012 6:35 am

pooablo wrote:Hey diveguy. Thanks for the compliments. If you really like the Japanese speedos, you can buy them on rakuten (global.rakuten.com). It's a Japanese version of Amazon. I got my two speedos in the pics there.
I can't find the small one like you have.
I can only find this one:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/spor ... m/sd72a05/
But it looks bigger.

Can you give direct link to the right product?

pooablo

Post by pooablo » Wed May 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi Dutchswimmer,

Those are the right pair but I think Speedo changed the length of the sides for 2012. My sides were 4cm for the 2011 model but it seems like the 2012 model has 5cm sides. As for the waist size, they do tend to run smaller. I have a 29 inch (74cm) waist but I wear a M for Japanese sizes!

I usually check the site every few months or so to see what new speedos are coming out of Japan.

I hope this answers your question!

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Wed May 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi again, it sounds like you have quite a knowledge of Hebrew! I completed grade-school in a half-English and half-Hebrew environment. However, frankly I don't remember a single word and I can't really read it (even phonetically) at this point either. I somewhat wish I held onto some of it but I really didn't enjoy my Hebrew/Jewish school experience, which is why I left before entering 8th grade (which was the last year of the school).

I actually haven't met that many Israeli's in my life but I would also think that they enjoy travel because the people of Israel themselves come from all over the world. Perhaps this adds to the fascination of what else is out there.

I suppose I sound like a "bad Jew" in all of this but I guess it's like being a "bad Catholic". We're all bad, no matter how good we are :)

zee

Post by zee » Wed May 30, 2012 9:55 pm

u hv a lovely collection of asian speedos.
show more please!

speedoboi

Post by speedoboi » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:55 pm

pooablo wrote:I am gay, Asian, 28, and I have been a speedo aficionado every since I was 4. I remember the first time borrowing a pair of used blue speedos from a cousin of mine and keeping it tucked away secretly in my closet. I loved wearing it and I always had a rush putting it on.

I am happy to be on a forum here to share my love of swim briefs with other guys. Thank you to Dave for organizing this and sharing his sexy stories. Hehe, I wish I could be in one of his stories.
You are an inspiration for wearing speedos. Too bad we're not closer.

swimtimx

Post by swimtimx » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:12 pm

pooablo wrote:@newspeedo -- I spent a month in Israel during February and March of 2011. I went there because I had already travelled extensively in Asia and Europe but never in the Middle East. The men and women there are incredibly sexy and the beaches are beautiful. I volunteered on organic farm for two weeks while I was there and spent the remainder of the visit some of the ancient sites. For such a small country, it is packed with middle hidden marvels and gems. I would love to go back!

Your avatar pic shows a very nice body -- you could pull off the Japanese cut if you wanted to. :)

@zee -- Thanks for the compliments.

Here is another speedo pic of myself.
... and that is a VERY sexy pic ... you look great in the asian cut speedo!

--Tim

speedoboi

Post by speedoboi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:31 am

[quote="newspeedo"]
I don't know if this stereotype is true but I've heard that Canadians travel more than almost any other group of people. Perhaps that is why you've traveled so much- it's in your DNA as a Canadian!

quote]

The stereotype isn't true. Many Canadians don't even have a passport. When they do travel, many times it's overseas because traveling around Canada costs more. But here in Canada, taking a vacation is almost like committing a crime for the majourity of employers - even when you ask for your entitled time off. Employers can actually tell you by law when you can take a vacation and for how long. If you ask for even one more day off than you're entitled to (vacation+leave of absence), they tell you when you come back there's a shortage of work. I know this for a fact because it happened to a friend of mine.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:38 am

pooablo wrote: If you really like the Japanese speedos, you can buy them on rakuten (global.rakuten.com). It's a Japanese version of Amazon. I got my two speedos in the pics there.
Just found your link for rakuten. Thanks!!! Took a little jiggering to find what I wanted. My size sells out some times (Japan "L" = US 30)

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 am

pooablo wrote:Here is an older pic of myself in my very first Japanese Arena speedos. I remembered how well they fit on me because they were designed for Asian bodies.
Great pic. Thanks for sharing!