G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

hi and a question about Florida beaches

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

biker5

hi and a question about Florida beaches

Post by biker5 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi.
New guy here from North Carolina. 51 yo guy that's always loved Speedos, and I love this site.
I recently got a couple N2N Zen bikinis on sale. They don't have any elastic in the waistband, just a drawstring to keep them on. I love the way they look and feel, but they're unlined, so I bought one and wore it in the shower to see how transparent it got when wet. Surprisingly, it doesn't turn see through. So then I bought the other color. I'd love to get some Speedo tan lines while wearing them.
They are pretty skimpy. Too skimpy for the beaches around here.
Hopefully I can lose a bit of weight and tone up some before summer time and vacation.
The wife and I are hoping to go to Florida this year. So I'm looking for Speedo friendly beaches in Florida. I'd like to see other guys there wearing tight and skimpy swimwear so I don't feel like the only guy there in a Speedo.
Does anybody have any beach recommendations for Florida?
Thanks!

skimpy10

Re: hi and a question about Florida beaches

Post by skimpy10 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Biker5!

It's nice to see someone in my age bracket that also just enjoys wearing a speedo for the feel. I'd also like to find some speedo-friendly beaches in the Florida area. My last vacation there, the two beaches we went to had absolutely no speedos, just the usual "clown pants" boardies. (String bikinis on women with a baby bump though, that was "acceptable" Go figure!)

Good luck on your search and have fun on the beach!

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:40 pm

You'd probly be okay at Sebastian Street Beach in Fort Lauderdale. It's known as the gay beach but it can be sort of mixed. And there's South Beach in Miami Beach. Don't know the best places there.

bikini_noob

Post by bikini_noob » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 am

I've been to south beach on vacation once and that has a moderate speedo count.

biker5

Post by biker5 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:11 am

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the feedback and greetings.

I'm leaning towards the Miami area. I was thinking about the Key West area, but I'm not sure about the beaches there. I'm not sure Key West would have big beach areas I'm thinking a place like Miami has.
The place I'd really like to go to is Orient Bay on St. Martin. We were there for a day last year when our cruise ship stopped there. It's known as the nude beach, or "clothing optional". On that beach a speedo type suit wouldn't be looked at twice since there are plenty of people going around with that on or less or nothing. I'd like to go back there with just the wife, but I don't think we have enough euros.

I tried on my new n2n speedo again last night to see how it fits my butt. There's no elastic in the waist. So you have to tie them on. If I tie the string tight, they will just cover my butt, but any looser, and my coin slot shows, and the front slips down some too. I like that.

Later!

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:51 pm

biker5 wrote:I'm leaning towards the Miami area. I was thinking about the Key West area, but I'm not sure about the beaches there. I'm not sure Key West would have big beach areas I'm thinking a place like Miami has.
!
Key West doesn't have beaches with surf and wide white sand. It has some smaller ones, but it really isn't known for great beaches. Lot's of places to eat and drink. If you want a real beach go to South Beach. But this is just what I think.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:46 pm

South Beach you can wear whatever you want - there is a gay beach at 12th & ocean. When I've been there I've seen n2n suits, so anything goes. Since you are going with your wife you don't have to sit within the rainbow flags that mark the gay beach - you can just hang out nearby. Sometimes girls go there if they want to sunbath topless and not get bothered by str8 guys...
on occasion the weather can be a little chilly in January & February

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:26 pm

JohnC wrote:South Beach you can wear whatever you want - there is a gay beach at 12th & ocean. When I've been there I've seen n2n suits, so anything goes. Since you are going with your wife you don't have to sit within the rainbow flags that mark the gay beach - ...
Thanks John. I live just a couple hours away and never get there. It's been pretty warm so far this year. Water temp today is 74.

Have had extra work hours and haven't been to any beach in a couple months.

matrix1964

Post by matrix1964 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Hey, am visiting florida from the UK in may and are staying off So Be for a couple of days prior to a drive southwards, so intend speedoing on the sands. Glad its speedo friendly there.

joshuafarmer

Post by joshuafarmer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm very late responding to this post. You've probably already been to Florida and come back! But, in case you haven't . . . . Miami Beach at 12th Street is your best bet. (There is a nude beach --both gay and straight -- at Haulover State Park at the border between Miami/Dade and Broward Counties.) As someone mentioned, there are gay flags there to mark the area and there are a lot of speedos. I've enjoyed countless hours of viewing and relaxing pleasure here. It's ok to be straight at 12th St. (It's interesting to note that the straight tourists from foreign countries that blunder onto 12th St. stay, but the American tourists have to make a big fuss about it being a gay beach and they leave in a snit.) I wear Joe Snyder suits which are quite brief and sometimes when I get tired of sitting on the beach I take long walks. I've walked at least 1 1/2 to 2 miles north along the beach in my small suit and never had any negative comments or problems. In fact, last year on one walk I was stopped 4 times by teenagers/young adults to take their pictures. You can see speedos anywhere along the beach (although not as many as on 12th St.) because there are so amny foreigners. So, MB is a good place to wear speedos. BTW, women can go topless and both sexes can wear only thongs.

A quick story. Last year, 2 guys and a girl came to 12th St. (23 to 26 years old) and sat near me. I eavesdropped (sp) as best I could! One guy was in the army; the girl was his girlfriend; and the 3rd guy was the girlfriends gay brother. The brother had a spectacular body and a minimalist bikini (dark blue with red racing strips on the hip. I still remember!). Great viewing for me and enjoyed the fact that they were so free and easy with the brother's gayness and swimwear. Never one negative comment.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks Joshua. Great info. Right now it's cold in SoFL but this doesn't last long. Tomorrow the high will be only 67 (20C) but by Wednesday it will be 79 (26C). Today it was only 59 (15C).