G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Stupid Americans..

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Hardspeedo

Stupid Americans..

Post by Hardspeedo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:32 pm

So, I bought a new swimsuit the day before yesterday, and went swimming to show it off the following day with friends. While there, I got fake catcalls and "oh, I didn't know this was a swimsuit optional pool" comment from a group of maybe four or five guys in their twenties. I'm 18, fairly slim, and think I look pretty good. (Opinions?) Oy, Americans are stupid..
Attachments
GetAttachment[1] (3).jpg
GetAttachment[1] (3).jpg (11.22 KiB) Viewed 5664 times

SwimBriefEnthusiast

Re: Stupid Americans..

Post by SwimBriefEnthusiast » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:18 am

The guys that made fun of you were moronic douches.

However, to be blunt, you could stand to get in better shape. Gym, diet, keep swimming, there are many things you can do. Not saying you shouldn't feel good about yourself, but it helps to be honest with yourself.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 am

Living in SLC its more conservative than places like florida or California.

If you flatten your stomach youll have more of a speedo body. For me cutting down on the carbs helps the most. There are a lot of abs diet books that can help. Check out Jorge Cruises book. he has a good exercise book too... The main thing is the carbs. It takes HOURS of exercise to burn calories. just eat less. swimming doesn't burn that many calories unless you do a LOT of laps.

swimmerboy

Post by swimmerboy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Hopefully you weren't discouraged by their stupidity.

That said, you live in the worst possible place in the country for speedos. Move here, and you'd be fine...

Duncandude

Post by Duncandude » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 pm

They looks like a fairly conservative squarecut trunk to me. Heavens knows what your admirers would say to a briefer style (or swim brief). :lol:

david30101

Post by david30101 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 am

Considering im 6-3, 155, and have very long legs and there on the "bony" side below the knees, I do have a flat stomach with some ab development. People still make fun of me. As far as all the stupid morons of this country, only females get away with a fat body in a bikini and feel accepted. Its a big double standard that I wish would go away. I still wish I was back in the 70s and 80s where short shorts and speedos on guys were the norm.

Duncandude

Post by Duncandude » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Mate, I reckon you look great in your avatar.

Here in Australia, yes, it's often the bigger men who wear speedos at the community pool (middle-aged and up). Young fellas wear speedos if they're training. I once saw a younger man (not lap swimming), in red speedos, but that was a once-off occasion/exception to rule.

America's prudery regarding men's bodies and men's fashion is very strange to me, especially considering less-than-amazing women can get away with boob-skimming, thigh-bearing outfits. What has happened to the Western world? Are we really so infantile we can't handle the fact that men have an appendage between their legs? Are we as a society offended by reminders?

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:21 pm

As swimmerboy points out, speedos are normal in Cali. In State College on Saturday I passed by the 50 meter outdoor pool at Penn State. Didn't see any speedos - I'm not sure what explains this, but they only had 4-5 lap lanes in a 50m pool and I don't think anyone was swimming laps even though the pool was packed. Most people were standing in the open swim area. I notice the same thing at north park pool near pittsburgh.

Where I swim in Cali the pool is divided into 19-20 lanes, and they all get used for laps. I don't know if this has something to do with speedos being normal, but more people actually swim.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:53 pm

JohnC wrote: Where I swim in Cali the pool is divided into 19-20 lanes, and they all get used for laps. I don't know if this has something to do with speedos being normal, but more people actually swim.
John! I don't know this for sure but from the pics I see on the net more guys in Cali are real swimmers and wear speeds. Youd think in florida we'd have a lot of lap swimmers but we dont. They closed the olympic pool where I live. Nobody used it. the locker room was a creepy dump anyway. at the Fort Lauderdale Aquatic center which has two lap pools (one is olympic) at the open swim the guys in speeds actually swim and the guys in their board shorts just kind of hang around. Never been there during the team swims. i think younger guys wear jammers here.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Justin!

....by open swim I mean the area in the pool where there are no lap lanes ... I'm sorry to hear an olympic pool closed!

I would love to see 100 guys in speedos show up at one of the wave pools around pittsburgh, just to see the reactions. It would be even better if they had girls hanging all over them. All the rest of the guys would be thinking "I need to get a speedo." I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. ha ha

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:26 pm

JohnC wrote:Justin!

....by open swim I mean the area in the pool where there are no lap lanes ... I'm sorry to hear an olympic pool closed!

I would love to see 100 guys in speedos show up at one of the wave pools around pittsburgh, just to see the reactions. It would be even better if they had girls hanging all over them. All the rest of the guys would be thinking "I need to get a speedo." I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. ha ha
John--- :lol: Yeah youll turn blue!! Whats that thing they do now where everyone shows up at a specific time to sing/dance or whatever. They should do that with speeds at a wave pool.

I saw the movie Jaws at a friends house yesterday. It's from the 70s I think. I saw a couple speeds in the beach scenes, and guys also wore stretch square cuts. Lots of boxer cuts but they were real short like underwear boxers.

Oh I watched the Wimpy Kid movie the other night--which was pretty funny. There's a fantasy scene in the future where he's older. He's at a pool on a lounge chair in speedos. heh

Around here open swim means there aren't any classes or teams, and rec swimmers can use the pools.

i wish I could spend time in Cali every year.....

briwin

Post by briwin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:13 pm

JohnC wrote:Justin!

I would love to see 100 guys in speedos show up at one of the wave pools around pittsburgh, just to see the reactions.
There was a Facebook group that made a Speedo Day at [insert name here] Amusement Park (I can't remember the name) event

I think that should be done at every amusement park, water park, and pool... once / year weather it needs it or not (and trust me it needs it)
Attachments
no boardies 3.jpg
No Boardies 3
no boardies 3.jpg (40.31 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
no bordies 2.jpg
No Boardies 2
no bordies 2.jpg (76.92 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
no bordies.jpg
No Boardies 1
no bordies.jpg (52.62 KiB) Viewed 3917 times

JohnC