G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

The most speedo-friendly places in the world

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

runswimlove

The most speedo-friendly places in the world

Post by runswimlove » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Hey guys,

I just stumbled on this article about where speedos are most worn and most accepted in the world. It's a year old, but still an interesting read.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-ad ... 6683056790

Apparently speedos are most accepted in France, Italy, Brazil, Sweden, and of course, Australia. They're worn the most by Brazilians, and are the least accepted in Japan and Norway.

Anyway, thought you guys might be interested!

diveguy
United States of America

Re: The most speedo-friendly places in the world

Post by diveguy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:09 am

Based on all those youtube videos of Italians in speedos, I would love to visit Italy someday and spend time on the beach.

Also, I find it weird that the Japanese rank among the least tolerant of speedos when they are known for wearing the skimpiest and tightest versions. Plus, go to Waikiki and the only guys you'll see there wearing speedos are Japanese tourists.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

PeterSF

Post by PeterSF » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:10 pm

I've just been in France, this is the notice by the entrance of the pool I swam at - only speedos or trunks allowed for men.
Avgn.notice.jpg
Avgn.notice.jpg (171.78 KiB) Viewed 3400 times

redheaded_aquaman

Post by redheaded_aquaman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:05 am

PeterSF wrote:I've just been in France, this is the notice by the entrance of the pool I swam at - only speedos or trunks allowed for men.
Avgn.notice.jpg

As it should be!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:07 am

redheaded_aquaman wrote:
PeterSF wrote:I've just been in France, this is the notice by the entrance of the pool I swam at - only speedos or trunks allowed for men.
Avgn.notice.jpg

As it should be!

Yes! That "speedo only" law in France is something that has been mentioned here often. It cracks me up, but I think it's fantastic. I just imagine the "horror" of most Americans if they were to visit a pool in France and see that sign. Me, on the other hand... I'd be jumping for joy and eagerly pulling out a black, 1" brief from my suitcase.

Would love it if it were the law here in the USA.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy