G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hotels

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Thom
United States of America

Re: Hotels

Post by Thom » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:02 pm

_su_ wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:19 am
I could tell they were curious about us, but were being polite, until the guy asked how old I was. After I told him, he said "Damn, approaching 40 and still totally rocking a speedo!".

8) That's awesome.
Long time Speedo® lover

MPC
United States of America

Post by MPC » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:57 pm

I wore a pair to a pool at a fancy hotel in Orlando back in September (The Pointe). No one batted an eye or stared.

It was nice, actually.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:51 pm

MPC wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:57 pm
I wore a pair to a pool at a fancy hotel in Orlando back in September (The Pointe). No one batted an eye or stared.

It was nice, actually.
Here in Florida, we do get visitors from overseas in first class hotels, so maybe they're more used to it. I live about a mile from the beach on Palm Beach (but my neighborhood is very average and on the mainland, not the island), and have noticed men wearing speedos on the beaches in front of the hotels, which are all expensive now. (The little mom and pop motels of old Florida are all gone, turned into resorts and condominiums, at least around here.). You rarely see speedos on the public beaches, though nobody seems to care if you wear them. More common in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.
Long time Speedo® lover

MPC
United States of America

Post by MPC » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:45 pm

I wore mine at nighttime. I don't know if that made a difference or not.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:52 am

I always wear swim briefs or less at all hotel pools.

I have never had anyone at any hotel ever say anything negative to me about it.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:55 am

25 or 30 years ago when I was doing a lot of business travel, and was in much better shape, I went for a morning swim in the outdoor pool at a hotel in San Antonio. I wore my black, 1” Speedo Solar. When I hauled myself out of the pool I could see my reflection in a wall of mirrored glass adjacent to one side of the pool and I thought “ Damn, I look pretty good!" I didn't get any reactions from anyone and didn’t notice if anyone else was staring at me. Only later did I learn that the other side of the mirrored glass was a dining room, so who knows if any of the breakfast crowd was getting a look at me or not!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:30 am

diveguy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:55 am
25 or 30 years ago when I was doing a lot of business travel, and was in much better shape, I went for a morning swim in the outdoor pool at a hotel in San Antonio. I wore my black, 1” Speedo Solar. When I hauled myself out of the pool I could see my reflection in a wall of mirrored glass adjacent to one side of the pool and I thought “ Damn, I look pretty good!" I didn't get any reactions from anyone and didn’t notice if anyone else was staring at me. Only later did I learn that the other side of the mirrored glass was a dining room, so who knows if any of the breakfast crowd was getting a look at me or not!
Depends how long you spent posing and admiring yourself in the window! 😂😂
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:35 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:30 am
diveguy wrote:
Only long enough to climb the pool ladder and walk away! Ha!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:15 am

diveguy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:35 am
Scottiebum wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:30 am
diveguy wrote:
Only long enough to climb the pool ladder and walk away! Ha!
What? No flexing, posing, and admiring yourself in the reflection? LoL!!!