G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Your Swim Routine

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

dhs

Re: Your Swim Routine

Post by dhs » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:52 am

Nate wrote:So I was wondering - does anyone here actually swim regularly?

If so, do you have a specific routine/workout you like to do? A set distance/time? Or do you just jump in and go back and forth until your tired?

Was thinking it'd be cool to share workouts and routines and for those who don't often attend a pool, they can try out a routine that someone else does. Or for those who go often, they can steal someone else's routine and mix things up a bit.

I swim at least three times a week. Usually at a 25m pool but I try and go to the 50m in the city a few times to mix things up. I used to do 40 lengths monday and wednesday (1km) and then a mile (64 lengths) on friday but lately I've progressed to doing one mile every single session. I've started to build more of a 'session' now in sets rather than just doing 40/64 lengths as quick as I can and then jumping out. Here's the session I do at the 25m pool as much as I can. All of this is in front crawl, when I'm feeling adventurous I mix it up with other strokes but I prefer front crawl.

(I've explained what some of the drills are, sorry if it sounds patronising. Once upon a time I used to read swim workouts completely baffled so I hope they help those who don't often read them hah)

200m warm-up

50m left hand (front crawl with right hand on a kickboard)
50m pull (with pullbouy between legs)
50m right hand (front crawl with left hand on the kickboard)
50m kick (holding a kickboard and just kicking your legs)

1600m main set

100m cool down

Now, I'm no personal trainer nor do I have any experience in club swimming so I don't know if this set is "wrong" for anyone to do physically. I manage it and I enjoy doing it.

So anyone else got any routines or workouts?

great questions. I never knew the length of my local pool in my city in quincy, mass. till I asked the lifeguard one day and she told me it was 25 meters. I figured it was longer than my country club pool in desert hot springs, ca. till I measured it one day with my arms, my country club is 50 meters, so it takes me a half hour exact to swim to swim 9 laps at my country club pool(50 meter) and 18 laps to do my city pool which is 25 meters and takes a half hour as well!

years ago I would swim in board shorts, but now all I swim in only my speedos!

how about you, do you swim in speedos as well? such a great & exciting feeling to swim laps in speedos. I probably have 30 speedos, mostly bright & cheerful!

so where do you live? I live half the year in California & other half in mass. chuck