G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Dress code for Olympiic Diving

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

briwin

Dress code for Olympiic Diving

Post by briwin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Does anyone know if there's a dress code for olympic diving?

Do all guys wear a speedo because... all guys wear a speedo [and to wear anything else would be weird], or is it an actual rule that all guys must wear a speedo?

I went to a provincial dive meet a while ago, and I found that it was about 50/50 mix that guys wore speedos and jammers [yuck :P ]

Please send feedback

AB FAV

Re: Dress code for Olympiic Diving

Post by AB FAV » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:55 pm

The reason many, if not most of the divers wear tight bikini or snug brief swimwear is you don't want your suit around your knees or ankles from diving in the water.

Ever try platform diving in board shorts or even regular swim trunks? They will come off.

So for modesty sake the guys wear small suits so they stay on. Otherwise the viewing public would get an eye full.

I've never seen platform diving in jammers. Sounds odd but could be practical if they're snug enough but I doubt they'd give the same range of freedom for acrobatic type dives.

david30101

Post by david30101 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:13 am

I figured that most male swimsuits will have tie strings in them anyways. Dont bordies have tie strings in the waistband? Some guys wear the jammers as they they are to self consious to wear regular speedo type suits, expecially if there from a USA team.

mancspeedoboy

Post by mancspeedoboy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:36 pm

It's not a dress code, it's a simple matter of freedom of movement. Brief cut is unmatched, so Olympic athletes all wear speedos; divers who disadvantage themselves because of modesty worries don't make it to the Olympic level.

briwin

Post by briwin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:33 pm

mancspeedoboy wrote:... divers who disadvantage themselves because of modesty worries don't make it to the Olympic level.
Now it makes perfect sense

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Dive in jammers and they end up on the bottom of the pool.

California Dolphin

Post by California Dolphin » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:56 pm

There really is no need for jammers in diving, swimming, biking or any other athletic activity and they are nothing more than "streamlined boardies".

Furthermore, jammers (and any other form of clothing with excessive body coverage) just make you hotter and sweatier and you’ve got more dirty, sweaty clothes to wash. And I don’t believe all these new athletic suits with more body coverage are making locker rooms more pleasant smelling places either!!! :lol:

That’s why the old fashioned (pre 1990s) gym suits had minimal coverage –IE- short shorts (over a jock strap) and a t-shirt.

When it comes to athletics, wearing the least amount of coverage to perform the event is definitely better. :mrgreen:

CD
Last edited by California Dolphin on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Duncandude

Post by Duncandude » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:15 am

I gotta say, the divers' bodies look amazing. So strong and yet so agile and graceful. 8)

zee

Post by zee » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:09 am

speaking of divers, yeah they have he most beautiful speedo physiques
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (54.84 KiB) Viewed 7346 times
002.jpg
002.jpg (45.37 KiB) Viewed 7346 times
003.jpg
003.jpg (63.14 KiB) Viewed 7346 times

zee

Post by zee » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 am

who need jammers when speedos are most appropriate?
Attachments
004.jpg
004.jpg (35.54 KiB) Viewed 7346 times
005.jpg
005.jpg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 7346 times
006.jpg
006.jpg (49.1 KiB) Viewed 7346 times

zee

Post by zee » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:11 am

I just adore the chinese divers with their lean bods.

those blue Li-Ning brand swim briefs are just hot!
Attachments
007.jpg
007.jpg (42.97 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
008.jpg
008.jpg (24.34 KiB) Viewed 5272 times
009.jpg
009.jpg (19.39 KiB) Viewed 5272 times