G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hello!

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

intheocean

Hello!

Post by intheocean » Fri May 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm a 19 year old guy from Canada going into my second year of marine biology. Next to being passionate about the ocean and everything in it, I am very passionate about speedos as well. I'm sad to say that I've never worn one but I am DYING to... Since grade 7 (6 years ago). I work as a lifeguard in a moderately gay area of Toronto at an outdoor pool that is frequented by gay men and some of them look GREAT. Its crazy and sooooooo distracting because I'm supposed to concentrate!

I feel like my dreams are about to come true because I currently have a pair of red 1.5 inch aussiebums on the way! I'm very confident in the way I look and am quite active and I feel like I'll be quite comfortable in them... but since I ordered them I have been reading that they are a bit on the skimpy side. I'm planning on wearing them to a pride event this summer on the beach and if I can't get that day off work I'll celebrate by wearing it to work. I'm also planning on wearing it to a Canada's Wonderland (a waterpark).

Will it be too skimpy? I'm quite hairy but its evenly spread out so you can't really tell where my pubic hair starts and just regular hair begins.

I'm thinking of getting an electric body hair razor and just shortening my hair. Do you guys think they will offer enough coverage if I'm getting in and out of the water?

Also, I'll be taking a field course on tropical marine ecosystems in belize in the summer of 2012 and im thinking of just packing speedos... Imagine passing a whole university course practically naked! Maybe i can distract the other 19 students and get the best mark!! :)

My dream is to live on a beach with a bespeedo'd husband in Australia, the marine biology capital of the world.

ubcboy

Re: Hello!

Post by ubcboy » Sat May 07, 2011 1:42 am

Hey fellow Canuck, welcome!!

I'm from Toronto myself, originally, though I moved to Vancouver two years ago. I was also a lifeguard for the city back in my youth - worked in the west end at Memorial, Norseman, Olympium, and Richmond Gardens - what pool are you at??

speaking from my experience as a former City lifeguard, it might be a little risqué to wear your speedos to work, however I worked at more conservative pools. You know what's best!!

I trim lightly and I feel most guys look better with a little trimming, although I know there will be PLENTY of guys who will disagree here! Do whatever feels most comfortable to you - the trick to pulling off speedos in public is just having the confidence - not caring what others think and just being comfortable in your own skin - pull that off and you can wear the skimpiest speedos you can imagine and nobody will question you... much. ;)

Anyways, cheers!!

p.s. Your dream of having an Aussie hubby is a good one to have; Aussies are freakin' HOT!
If you doubt yourself, wear something else

intheocean

Post by intheocean » Sat May 07, 2011 7:23 am

I guess I could deal with a little trimming, thanks!

I work in the east end at Somerville, the one with the 10m diving platform that's on the boardwalk. One guy that I worked with wore a speedo to work one day as a joke. I'd just do it on pride if I can't get the time off... now I'm kind of hoping I don't get the time off!

Thanks for the advice, I'm feeling good about pulling it off; I'll take a picture when they arrive!

Outlaw-Tiger

Post by Outlaw-Tiger » Wed May 11, 2011 7:26 am

hey there !! an other cannuck ! haha i'm from the east coast though, otherwise i might have had to get directions to your pool ! haha speedo-phobia is fairly live and well around where i live, so i haven't warn a speedo in almost 2 decades :(, hopefully this summer will be different though, i have a couple seedos that i'm hoping to wear to the beach with friends, and on a family trip we will be taking to europe ^_^. unfortunately i don't really know what my proper speedo size is, so its kind of trial and error for finding out, seeing as no shops in my area sell them, forcing me to buy them online.

anyhoo, welcome to the board ^_^, be sure to post some pictures of you in those auseibums once they get here, i'm sure we would all like to see ;)

PS: in my opinion, guys look best with next to no hair on their bodies... but that is just my opinion, i find hairlessness makes the musculature stand out more.

gary111

Post by gary111 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:23 pm

You are apparently physically fit to be a lifeguard and I would say, "go for the hairless body". Do like the Olympic swimmers, etc. do. There is nothing more attractive than a smoothly shaved male in a speedo or anything similar. I'd even give my legs a trim. Good luck and enjoy your looks and body now while you're young.

NorthSouth

Post by NorthSouth » Sun May 15, 2011 1:45 pm

gary111 wrote:You are apparently physically fit to be a lifeguard and I would say, "go for the hairless body". Do like the Olympic swimmers, etc. do. There is nothing more attractive than a smoothly shaved male in a speedo or anything similar. I'd even give my legs a trim. Good luck and enjoy your looks and body now while you're young.
One may even stay young longer with a hairless body, or at least seem to. : )
I shave my entire body myself. Last year an older man at the gym, working out with his wife, thought I was 18-19 instead of 32. That was a great compliment. : ) Maybe in 14 years, people think the same about you, haha!

swimracer

Post by swimracer » Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 pm

there are some speedo style suits that actually say guard on them.
A few of them spell out lifeguard.
I think wettackle makes a speedo suit that says "captain" .
Aussibum has lifeguard team suits from all over Australia. Each team has different colors & some say guard or captain on them.
I think diana or gulbekian or dolphin speedo style suits actually say guard on them & then no one can object is my point.
I couldn't stand it when we had to wear shell suits to cover up our speedos when we lifeguarded.
We got stuck wearing Birdwell's over our speedos. Only good thing was that they were short birdwells.