G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

New To Speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

MiniSpeedoBoy

New To Speedos

Post by MiniSpeedoBoy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm kinda new to wearing speedos as i said in my "hello" post, i was wondering if any of y'all could give me advice on wearing them in public, i have 1 plain black speedo at the moment and i'm really shy about wearing it >.> so much that my parents dont even know i have it yet.

The Boy Wonder

Re: New To Speedos

Post by The Boy Wonder » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Start by wearing it under boardies when you go swimming, then one day just have the confidence to go out without the boardies but keep the boardies in your locker so if you do get shy mid-swim you can always nip back to the locker rooms and pop your boardies over your speedos.

Thats what I did anyway. Hope to see you rocking the speedos soon :)

Outlaw-Tiger

Post by Outlaw-Tiger » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:44 am

haha you could always join a water polo or competitive swim team, that would give you the perfect "in". but having been a competitive swimmer sense i was 8 i wouldn't know how to help you with this =S speedos were always a main staple for me lol. though what ever you do, the key to rockin the speedo is your self confidence. based of what i see in your profile picture, you have the body for them, so all that is left is to work up your comfort level with them ^_^

speedoboi

Post by speedoboi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:23 am

The 2 previous comments have good advice for you. Try the sugestion from THE BOY WONDER first.

California Dolphin

Post by California Dolphin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:57 pm

If you're wearing a speedo for swimming in a pool (VS just for laying on the beach), then just go for it.

Here in San Francisco, I (and 1/2 the other guys) go lap swimming in a speedo at a community pool and no one seems to give us any attention (either negative or positive) so it's no big deal :lol:

CD

swimcmk

Post by swimcmk » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:19 am

I wore Speedos when i was like 8 to 10 years old then stopped. When i was 17 wanted to wear Speedos again. At first I was getting a lot of erections. I wore speedos under my board shorts until my uncontrolled erections stopped. Next i wore speedos in my back yard pool until i got comfortable with them. Next i started wearing jammers in more public places like my gym pool and on the beach this step took me a while. finally i felt ok with speedos on the beach. I still wear jammers to my gym pool. Here in southern Arizona speedos have a bad stigma around them but jammers and anything that looks like under amour is invited.
MiniSpeedoBoy wrote:I'm kinda new to wearing speedos as i said in my "hello" post, i was wondering if any of y'all could give me advice on wearing them in public, i have 1 plain black speedo at the moment and i'm really shy about wearing it >.> so much that my parents dont even know i have it yet.

I know your 18 but judging from the last sentence from your quote you most likely not on a swim team. If your still in high school don't wear speedos there or tell people you wear speedos. All the shit i read now days it would suck for you to victim of a hate crime :cry:

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:10 am

it is amazing reading the stigma in arizona & acceptance in california in the previous posts, as they are neighboring states. it makes it a lot easier when lots of other people around are wearing speedos. good suggestion from boy wonder.

Cozzy

Post by Cozzy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:20 am

To be honest, get changed as quickly as you can and run out the changing room. You'll be surprised, you won't get a boner due to the nerve lol. To me it's the best rush. BTW, finally another Kentish fellow member!

swimmerboy

Post by swimmerboy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:34 am

At "certain" beaches here, I have been part of the Speedo-wearing majority! Although my comfort level was built up by a whole lifetime of wearing them, and swimming competitively from an early age. Once your Speedo-package is visible to your friends, family, and teachers, the shyness tends to fade. Haha.

...:::sam:::...

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:58 am

Same, i've worn them since I was tiny and its just normal. It probably just because its new, after a while you wont think much about wearing them. nobody ever says anything about them, but maybe things are different here to there.

httechtim

Post by httechtim » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:28 am

MiniSpeedoBoy wrote:t >.> so much that my parents dont even know i have it yet.

mine doesnt neither... i wouldnt worry about it at all

ubcboy

Post by ubcboy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:25 am

To sum up what a lot of the previous guys have said: just take the plunge, you'll be fine and you'll be the hottest, most confident looking guy at the pool/beach. (you may even convince others to wear their speedos, too!)

Good luck!
If you doubt yourself, wear something else

shadowt

Post by shadowt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:57 am

I'm fairly reserved and self conscious myself, and unless you're going to be swimming laps (a built in excuse that eases the nerves), I would actually suggest starting with a square cut (aka square leg). In my experience, people don't perceive them the same as Speedos. The extra material makes a big difference to me, as does the fact that they're more fashion vs functional compared to briefs (i.e. I'm not at the beach to swim laps, so it's marginally harder to justify briefs in my mind.)

I've never worn a swim brief (e.g. my Speedo 1" Solar) around friends or family, but I have worn my Adidas 9" Square cut around even the most conservative in my family a couple times. Once was when we were on a family camping trip with my extended family. We hit the beach, and I went with traditional trunks over my squarecut, partly due to how far we had to walk. Before entering the water, I ditched the trunks. After our swim, I waited until I mostly dried off before putting the trunks back on. Nobody said a thing and the driver's seat of my truck stayed dry. :P

FWIW, my new Aussiebum League falls in the middle... more fashion than functional as well, but they are extremely low cut, which gives me some reservations. I did wear them to the YMCA, while our kids had swim lessons, but I have less issues with wearing brief swimwear around strangers and acquaintances than family and friends. I have almost no reservations when it comes to swimming laps.

Frankly, I can't imagine anybody ever saying anything about usual briefs, with the exception of classmates. Things like no-liners or transparent fabrics are a whole different story though.