G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Age limit for speedos? Height requirement for speedos?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedoboi

Age limit for speedos? Height requirement for speedos?

Post by speedoboi » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:30 am

I came accross this on the net about a guy who used to wear speedos:

"To this day, every time I go to the beach, I keep a complete outfit in the trunk of my car. And, I no longer wear Speedos. I have surpassed the "Speedo limit," which, in my opinion, is age 25."

On the 2nd issue:
I was once told that I was too short to wear speedos. It would eb okay if I was a kid, but I'm not. I'm 1.70m tall (5'7").

Feedback would be appreciated.

caljr

Re: Age limit for speedos? Height requirement for speedos?

Post by caljr » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:26 pm

hey man! i really don't get this age/size limitation for speedos...

no need to duplicate M.Phelps to wear that gear, as long as you keep rather decent shapes - yes, from all point of view, yummy !

well maybe my comment is not very relevant for the US, being in Europe where this is just so commonly worn in public - you then need to spend some time around here

t419

Post by t419 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:49 am

That guy sounds too self-conscious. To be fair, I'd rather not be subjected to overweight 50yos in speedos, but if that's what they're happy wearing, good luck to them.

Height requirements!? What a joke.

budgybloke

Post by budgybloke » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:47 am

I think neither age or height are really an issue. Young, old, short, tall - there's good and bad examples of each. And to be honest, those are things out of our control anyway.

Anyone can get away with speedos if they're fit and confident.

Guys wearing speedos with confidence are HOT! :twisted:

paspeedo1

Post by paspeedo1 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:11 am

Too Old?

Pfft...I was 35 when I bought my first pair, and wore them to the beach!!

I say, just do it!

tylerdurden

Post by tylerdurden » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:00 am

Ha, I'm over 25, I'm 5'7", and wear speedos, so I fail both tests!

I reckon speedos are great for shorter guys, they show more leg so give you a taller appearance!

Of course guys with long legs look fantastic in them...but that's not to say they aren't flattering for us with shorter legs too.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 am

i'm generally attracted to shorter, slim guys, so i don't believe at all in the height requirements.
i'd prefer that everyone wore speedos and just be done with shorts. such a disappointment when the cute ones wear shorts.

swimmerboy

Post by swimmerboy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:19 am

I am 25 and only 5'6" but I have gotten nothing but support. Then again alot of people still think I'm in HS...ugh. I think it depends HIGHLY on the appearance of the wearer to say what is "appropriate"

bungiecords

Post by bungiecords » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:04 am

swimmerboy wrote:I am 25 and only 5'6" but I have gotten nothing but support. Then again alot of people still think I'm in HS...ugh. I think it depends HIGHLY on the appearance of the wearer to say what is "appropriate"
hehe I'm 18
most Australians finish secondary school at 17
...and i went back school earlier this year to say hello to old friends teachers and students alike... anyway, i was in the student admin where a year 10 asked me why i wasn't in uniform and that i must be in year 9...

no one really grows up on the inside and not everyone looks their age and tbh how often can you guess someones age with accuracy... age limits for most attire are ridiculous, certainly for speedos

david30101

Post by david30101 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:01 pm

You tell me if Im to old to wear this...Pic was taken July 2010, you will have to guess my age..Hint..Im "way" older then 25. Im 6-3, 155.
Attachments
d6ad1a-0-0d67e2-14524-full572x572.jpg
d6ad1a-0-0d67e2-14524-full572x572.jpg (84.37 KiB) Viewed 8402 times
Last edited by david30101 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

david30101

Post by david30101 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Im fed up with this stupid double standard thing..OK..If us guys cant wear a speedo past age 25, then why is it ok for women to wear "brief" type suits at any age and body type? A one piece or bikini on a women still has the "brief" type bottom that only covers the butt area leaving the upper legs and thighs exposed. No differnt from us guys.
Last edited by david30101 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

speeder45

Post by speeder45 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 am

david30101 wrote:Im fed up with this stupid double standard thing..OK..If us guys cant wear a speedo past age 25, then why is it ok for women to wear "brief" type suits at any ange and body type? A one piece or bikini on a women still has the "brief" type bottom that only covers the butt area leaving the upper legs and thighs exposed. No differnt from us guys.
Oh man this drives me nuts too...America is ridiculous in the fact that speedos/speedo type swimsuits have become "creepy" for guys to wear. Well what if I don't wanna see a chick in a skimpy suit? Where are the hot guys wearing them rather than chicks? lol...oh and sexy pic btw 8)
>>>J-Tay<<<

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:46 am

speeder45 wrote: ...America is ridiculous in the fact that speedos/speedo type swimsuits have become "creepy" for guys to wear.
Hey speeder,

It isnt just here. Theres a family here from Lebanon. The father wears speeds. But a nephew who is my age was visiting from Lebanon and wore board shorts down past his knees at their pool. He looked hot in his skinny jeans so I know he'd look great in speedos. Oh well.......

To practice my French in high school I used to read a free newspaper for French Canadians visiting Florida. There was an article about how people dont wear speedos there anymore. And this was five years ago.

-j-j

speeder45

Post by speeder45 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Justin88 wrote:
speeder45 wrote: ...America is ridiculous in the fact that speedos/speedo type swimsuits have become "creepy" for guys to wear.
Hey speeder,

It isnt just here. Theres a family here from Lebanon. The father wears speeds. But a nephew who is my age was visiting from Lebanon and wore board shorts down past his knees at their pool. He looked hot in his skinny jeans so I know he'd look great in speedos. Oh well.......

To practice my French in high school I used to read a free newspaper for French Canadians visiting Florida. There was an article about how people dont wear speedos there anymore. And this was five years ago.

-j-j
Oh wow...Overall sad:( Some of the ones wearing boardies have so much potential! 8)
>>>J-Tay<<<

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:04 am

speeder45 wrote:Oh wow...Overall sad:( Some of the ones wearing boardies have so much potential! 8)
Oh...I know... At the beach I see dudes with board shorts hanging off their butts who are built for speedos. <sigh> There's a dude who is a dive instructor at a pool where I swim. He either wears boardies or an absolutely skin tight wet suit. :shock: He has an awesome butt. Muscular and like .02% body fat.

speedy2

Post by speedy2 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:18 pm

What a sad question - and the attitude that fosters it!

I'm 77, and I wear thongs , not even "speedos" ("swim bikinins" or "swim briefs") always, everywhere.

The largest swimming costume I have is by Hom, and has sides 1" wide.....

But then, this is Britain, and Europe, not the USA....

speedoboi

Post by speedoboi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:17 pm

I just came back from Brazil and I wore speedos - at the beach and at a hot springs resort. Nobody said I was too old since I'm over 25 or that I'm too short. I'm glad i wore them. Now the only white part of my body is my speedo tan line.

speedobelt

Post by speedobelt » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 am

There should be no requirements for speedos. People should be able to wear them whenever they swim or sun tan. I plan to wear them all my life.
I am in one of the most conservative areas of the US and women can wear small 2 piece suits, but men on a swim team are questioned now that there's a jammer. I say if women can until they are 200 so can men.

speeder45

Post by speeder45 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:36 am

Justin88 wrote:
speeder45 wrote:Oh wow...Overall sad:( Some of the ones wearing boardies have so much potential! 8)
Oh...I know... At the beach I see dudes with board shorts hanging off their butts who are built for speedos. <sigh> There's a dude who is a dive instructor at a pool where I swim. He either wears boardies or an absolutely skin tight wet suit. :shock: He has an awesome butt. Muscular and like .02% body fat.
Wow man what a shame he doesn't wear speedos. But hey at least you can check out that sexy ass in the wet suit lol
>>>J-Tay<<<

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:31 am

speeder45 wrote: Some of the ones wearing boardies have so much potential! 8)
For sure. <sigh>