G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Australian sizes

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Swimmer.be

Australian sizes

Post by Swimmer.be » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Can anyone give me a reliable indication as to the Australian sizes ? In fact I usually wear a UK 32, which i would describe as "Small". I thought the "smallest" Australian size is a 14, so I bought one, but I find them too "big" ! they look more like a "Medium" to me. Anyone good advice? Should I buy a boys size 14 ? thx mates!! 8)

fogao

Re: Australian sizes

Post by fogao » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Swimmer.be,

You should check out the website of Aussiebum. On their productpages you will find beside the menuselection of your size, a button with a questionmark. Click on it and get table to convert (Australian) sizes.
- Fogao -
Dream as you live forever, live life as you will die today!

Swimmer.be

Post by Swimmer.be » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:49 am

Hi Fogao, thank u for the info - the conversion table at aussiebum's is useful but not sure comparable to Speedo Australia sizes, that''s my problem ! And at Speedo Australia apparently the smallest adult male size is 14 which i find too loose for me ....
:roll:

swimmer.be

SpeedoMike

Post by SpeedoMike » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:04 am

ordering mail order is always a crap shoot as manufacturers are not consistent in their sizes. sometimes a manufacturer will put out a line/style of suits which are inconsistent with their other lines. I actually have a size 36 from one company which is smaller than the size 34. go figure... :?

Swimmer.be

Post by Swimmer.be » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:09 am

SpeedoMike I have had a similar experience with "one company" I suspect something went wrong with the labeling though :?

SpeedoMike

Post by SpeedoMike » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:19 am

Swimmer.be wrote:SpeedoMike I have had a similar experience with "one company" I suspect something went wrong with the labeling though :?
after buying a size 34 which didn't really fit, I ordered the size 36. after two tries, I gave up. :wink:

Swimmer.be

Post by Swimmer.be » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:51 am

I know SpeedoMike, these things are annoying... but u can always sell those that don't fit on ebay :)

But turning back to my question, does any Australian guy amongst u know whether 14 is the smallest male adult size? And if I want one size smaller, what boys size must I take ? Thx !!! 8)

tylerdurden

Post by tylerdurden » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:22 pm

As everyone above notes, size varies between manufacturers, and even within manufacturers.

However, my understanding is that size 14 is generally equivalent to about size 28-30, and size 16 is equivalent to about size 30-32. Size 14 is pretty much the smallest size.

Boys sizes 14 and 16 are the same as men's sizes. If you want smaller than a 14 I would suggest you try for boys size 12.