G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Can I sue my parents for this?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

deadendwaterfall

Can I sue my parents for this?

Post by deadendwaterfall » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Can I sue my parents because they don't like seeing me wear speedos or any other form of tight swim wear, and my confidence and self esteem took a turn for the worst as a result?

fbanks
United States of America

Re: Can I sue my parents for this?

Post by fbanks » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:19 pm

Not sure about that ... maybe it would be easier to move???
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:14 pm

deadendwaterfall wrote:Can I sue my parents because they don't like seeing me wear speedos or any other form of tight swim wear, and my confidence and self esteem took a turn for the worst as a result?
Try talking things out with them - after all, they are your parents. How dependent are you on them? If necessary, talk with a therapist or a trusted friend, friend of the family and see what they suggest.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:23 am

Try talking things out with them - after all, they are your parents. How dependent are you on them? If necessary, talk with a therapist or a trusted friend, friend of the family and see what they suggest.
This is excellent advice. Explain why you wear this type of swimwear in the first place. They may not like it, but hopefully they will accept it.
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

runswimlove

Post by runswimlove » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 pm

If they're endangering or emotionally abusing you, you might want to talk with someone you trust like a councilor or therapist. Otherwise, like the other guys said, you could try to talk to them about it- you might not be able to change their opinions about speedos, but you could ask them to be nicer about and keep negative comments to themselves.

Something I'm unclear on... do you want them to just be nicer to you (which they should) or do you want to be able to wear speedos around them? Because if you want to wear around them and they don't want you to, you might just have to respect their wishes. We all have our boundaries- you may just have to wear speedos around other people- like at the pool or with friends.

Anyway, hope things get better! You've got all 776 of us on the forum who support you and want you to be happy. :)

deadendwaterfall

Post by deadendwaterfall » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:08 pm

runswimlove wrote:If they're endangering or emotionally abusing you, you might want to talk with someone you trust like a councilor or therapist. Otherwise, like the other guys said, you could try to talk to them about it- you might not be able to change their opinions about speedos, but you could ask them to be nicer about and keep negative comments to themselves.

Something I'm unclear on... do you want them to just be nicer to you (which they should) or do you want to be able to wear speedos around them? Because if you want to wear around them and they don't want you to, you might just have to respect their wishes. We all have our boundaries- you may just have to wear speedos around other people- like at the pool or with friends.

Anyway, hope things get better! You've got all 776 of us on the forum who support you and want you to be happy. :)
Thanks ever so much. :)

speedy-guy

Post by speedy-guy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:25 am

deadendwaterfall wrote:Can I sue my parents because they don't like seeing me wear speedos or any other form of tight swim wear, and my confidence and self esteem took a turn for the worst as a result?
Doubt it. If you are being abused, then go to the authorities, but otherwise don't let them get to you. Hit the pool more and more, get more and more fit and that will sort out the rest. Detractors seem to get very insecure when they notice that.

Good luck!

spear
United States of America

Post by spear » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:49 pm

This one is a bit strange to me. I wonder how controlling your parents really are. You should be able as an adult ( you are aren't you) to wear what you like and where you choose. Why not go someplace by yourself or take a buddy and wear all the speedos you choose when you feel like it. Wear them as underwear or at the gym or the beach and enjoy them

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:54 am

Personally, I think you need to develop some resilience and stop blaming everybody else for your problems. If your parents not liking seeing you in a speedo has destroyed your confidence and self esteem, then you really need to reflect and put some personal growth strategies into place so that when you face real problems in life then you are equiped to deal with them.

Suing you parents because they dont like seeing you in a speedo - lets be a bit real here. It sounds like if anything they have protected you too much!