G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

suggestions for new suits

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

jameshardmann

suggestions for new suits

Post by jameshardmann » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:37 pm

hey guys!

im looking to get some new suits, but im having difficulty choosing. If you have any you think wold suit me, pls let me know, and whack in a pic or 2 of the suit so i can see what you have in mind.
also, the budget would probably max out at aroun $30-40, really cant justfy spending more than that on lets be honest, a small bit of fabric.

cheers!
thestuffoffantasy.tumblr.com

spear
United States of America

Re: suggestions for new suits

Post by spear » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Since you're already "down under" might try aussie bum. Prices aren't all that bad and a good selection. You didn't say if that budget was for two suits or each at that price. Then there is budgie smugglers too. Prices may be less than aussie bum.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Are you looking for prints, or solids? Nylon or Lycra blend? There lots of great suits out there--I just bought a turbo suit at the end of summer, and its awesome. Being 100% polyester, you need to order up one size. They have TONS of great themes!

speedy-guy

Post by speedy-guy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Go muscleskin:

http://www.muscleskins.com/micro.html

Go the 1" Micro version, and customise the back how you want it. And get it orange!! :D (red or royal blue would be nice too)

Don't go white - they get completely see-through when wet. ;-)

These would look pretty good too:
http://www.n2nbodywear.com/mm5/merchant ... iewallSwim

ricardo871
Australia

Post by ricardo871 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:11 am

Hey dude!
With your build you need to be careful you get something that fits your proportion, so definitely the Aussiebum 2.5inch classic, any other suit will look a bit silly and would be embarrassing to wear swimming etc.

jameshardmann

Post by jameshardmann » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:48 am

thanks for the suggestions guys,
paspeedo - dont mind prints or block colours. apparently, according to GQ, slim guys tend to pull off either, in like a squarecut or similar style so ...
speedy - love the look of the N2N's, but when you factor in shipping its starting to get pricey
spear + ricardo - aussiebums were my first choice, but no size :( :( :(
i looked at the ca rio ca ones, and they had some nice ones i liked, but as usual, either no size, or wrong colour.
fml. oh well, guess i get to keep my money haha.
thestuffoffantasy.tumblr.com

Caussie

Post by Caussie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:56 am

Dear James H.,

Might I suggest you could try Caussie. I do so not only from an interest in selling you one (or more), but also because I have seen your photographs of your wearing an Aussiebum, and I note your sizing as being 27" to 28". In that size, (size 12, XS/ 28") you can choose from either the two inch, or three inch (nominal width) sides across the range of solid colours (Red, Maroon, Navy Blue, and Black), all in 100% nylon. At AUD $32.00 including postage, it's well within your price expectatations, and I am confident from your Aussiebum pictures, that Caussie could well be a better fit for you, as many of our customers have experienced, in their favourable comparison of Caussie to their former/other swimwear brands.

I writing this, I am presuming that you are a fan of 100% nylon swimwear, that's what Caussie is all about, but in a what we think provides a better, and more stylish, fit. The style was developed using the services of a former designer of the original 100% nylon Speedos (yes, the "actual" Speedos!), and, for a lot of people, the "Caussie" styling works.

Can't take the issue any further, it's all about what suits you best, and good luck in your search.

All the best,

Caussie

http://www.caussie.com.au

runswimlove

Post by runswimlove » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:07 pm

My favorites suits are the ones I've gotten from Sporti. They're affordable, have the best fit I've ever seen on a suit, and are super comfortable. http://www.swimoutlet.com/Sporti/Mens_S ... wim_Briefs

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Bit late in the day
But saw these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Super-Sex ... 1002080937

And thought they were alright, had stuff from them before in a different style and for the price....quality was spot on1

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 am

Just bought one of these suits off ebay. $4.45 with free shipping to the US. Awesome deal for the price. Sizes do run large so if you want a snug fit, go down a size. Liked it so much, went back for more.

Oh, yeah. When they describe them as 'cheeky briefs' ... they really mean thong. ;)
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

runnerguy
United States of America

Post by runnerguy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:14 am

How many weeks to the Midwest for shipping?