G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

An interesting story about swimsuits on the news

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

paspeedo
United States of America

An interesting story about swimsuits on the news

Post by paspeedo » Sun May 26, 2013 11:46 am

Check it out:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50147662n

I agree that it didn't go far enough, but maybe, just maybe it will have people start changing their views. Hopefully when I get to the beach this year, I wont be the only one there with a pair of speedos on!

obrasileiro

Re: An interesting story about swimsuits on the news

Post by obrasileiro » Wed May 29, 2013 12:58 pm

If you want to set a fashion trend, just do it!!! Wear you favorite Whatever to the beach!!! If you wear a speedo for the right reasons, meaning you are not flaunting what you carry around naturally , and look reasonably attractive in a speedo( doesn't it come down to how it looks?), some men might reconsider, especially if their girlfriends find themselves moved by the LOOK!!!!

If you have ever looked at what happens in Brasil, where I was born, many, if not more than 75% of men, straight or not, wear a Sunga, which is a far cry from a speedo. That is what is acceptable and what most are accustomed too.

A newer trend on the Rio beaches is board shorts!!!!

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Thu May 30, 2013 5:37 am

I caught the end of this spot this weekend and I just want to say that I have bought two pairs of swim shorts from Parke and Ronen and can personally attest that at least one of the owners is always in the store (at least in Chelsea, NYC). Further, they are very helpful in picking out which suits fit. I once I wanted to get a very short pair of shorts and they said that unless I got the leg openings tailored it would look weird because my legs were too skinny- hence I had to get slightly longer shorts. Anyway I say all this because I'm a HUGE fan of this company and am glad they were on TV! :)

guitarzan

Post by guitarzan » Fri May 31, 2013 11:32 pm

I saw the story and it's encouraging. But life is too short to wait for the fashion trend to change. You should always wear what makes you happy. Remember, others may not approve, but they don't go home with you, and if they did, so what! It's your life.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:23 am

guitarzan wrote:I saw the story and it's encouraging. But life is too short to wait for the fashion trend to change. You should always wear what makes you happy. Remember, others may not approve, but they don't go home with you, and if they did, so what! It's your life.

I couldn't agree with you more! I dont live my life worrying what other say or think. I think this article may start the trend for other guys to at least give speedos a try.

villageguy
United States of America

Post by villageguy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Thought I had to add my two cents. Wal-Mart in the states is selling speedo style swimsuits. Way the sizing goes you can be sure they are made by China, Japan or ? Hopefully we will see that trend in other stores in the states.

hpfny

Post by hpfny » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:47 pm

villageguy wrote:Thought I had to add my two cents. Wal-Mart in the states is selling speedo style swimsuits. Way the sizing goes you can be sure they are made by China, Japan or ? Hopefully we will see that trend in other stores in the states.
Really?.....I have to check that out.....I usually do my grocery shopping at a Wal-Mart Supercenter here in Miami.....hopefully they are stocking them here too.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Ill have to check mine in PA--Im sure you guys have better luck in the warmer states than we do up north. I agree--hopefully this is a sign to have more guys try them out.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:21 am

villageguy wrote:Thought I had to add my two cents. Wal-Mart in the states is selling speedo style swimsuits. Way the sizing goes you can be sure they are made by China, Japan or ? Hopefully we will see that trend in other stores in the states.

Couldn't find them on walmart.com
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:39 am

Haven't seen any at my Walmart...

villageguy
United States of America

Post by villageguy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:24 am

There are here in central Florida at both Wal Marts in my town. Price around $12 plus they look good quality. Looks like they are seeling because I see fewer on the rack each time I go shopping.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 am

Thats a good thing!

frankjath

Post by frankjath » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:13 pm

guitarzan wrote:I saw the story and it's encouraging. But life is too short to wait for the fashion trend to change. You should always wear what makes you happy. Remember, others may not approve, but they don't go home with you, and if they did, so what! It's your life.
I agree 100% I'm 21 and most guys my age don't wear speedos to the beach or pool. I could never see my self wearing boardshorts to swim in again. I will admit I like to wear skimpy suits but I don't care what people think and thats what makes me happy. I think this segment is great in that it will get men to think about there swimsuit and maybe even try a speedo. On the flip side I've never had a negative comment made to me about my speedo, I think we think that people care about what we are wearing when in reality people aren't even paying attention to you while at the beach or pool.

I went to the beach with a friend last month and he wore short shorts and I wore my n2n string bikini "Daredevil" and he thought it was cute. He said he was going to buy a speedo now. :)

ffboy357

Post by ffboy357 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 am

I will say just one thing: I've lost years in my twenties, while not doing things, because people would not approve me.
And the %#$%@$#" - who lost the years? Me or them?

Now, 36 years old - I really do not care much what people would say or how they will react.
I am just law abiding citizen, I do try not to upset my very close people, which currently includes my wife and nobody else.
Aside from this - I do what I feel I need to do with my live.
If I feel that if I need to wear Speedos, N2N, thongs or whatever - I do wear them - home, beach, pool.

The only regret I have is that I would have been looking prettier when I was 26 in Speedos.
You know - vanity never dies - and a lot of you - just need to admit - that you like wearing Speedos, just because you ENJOY your body.

Let me throw my 2 cents here - start enjoying your body consciously as soon as possible. Don't wait. Bodies generally degrade with years :)

hpfny

Post by hpfny » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:10 pm

ffboy357 wrote:I will say just one thing: I've lost years in my twenties, while not doing things, because people would not approve me.

Now, 36 years old - I really do not care much what people would say or how they will react.
I am just law abiding citizen, I do try not to upset my very close people, which currently includes my wife and nobody else.
If I feel that if I need to wear Speedos, N2N, thongs or whatever - I do wear them - home, beach, pool.

The only regret I have is that I would have been looking prettier when I was 26 in Speedos.
You know - vanity never dies - and a lot of you - just need to admit - that you like wearing Speedos, just because you ENJOY your body.

Let me throw my 2 cents here - start enjoying your body consciously as soon as possible. Don't wait. Bodies generally degrade with years :)
I agree with you. Our bodies do degenerate with time. That's why we should all strive to stay fit as best as possible throughout our lifetimes and not just for looking good in a swimsuit. I'm 48 y/o but I'm actually in better shape than when I was 28 y/o. But, oh how I wish so much that I could be 20 years younger so that I could really look better in a swim brief.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:07 am

ffboy357 wrote:I will say just one thing: I've lost years in my twenties, while not doing things, because people would not approve me.

Just wait until you are 50-something like I am, and looking back and wishing you could be 36 year old again! My point is, don't waste time looking backwards, enjoy today and make the best of it.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:47 pm

I just wish i got into speedos and swim briefs when I was alot younger. Where I live, our challenge among us guys was to see how many pieces of pizza you can eat at a buffet! of course, Im paying for that still today!

I agree with the above statement--if you are brought into the swim sport in school, chances are you will treat you body better. I wish i had that opportunity years ago!

johnc
United States of America

Post by johnc » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:50 pm

I wore my black turbo suit on Saturday to swim laps at the county park pool and a kid said, "dad, look at that guys "shorts," as I walked by.

I've only seen a few small suits so far since the pool opened, but its better than none. One guy was really good looking, I think he is a lifeguard there.

John