G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Which enhances one's bulge better: nylon, poly or lycra?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

hpfny

Which enhances one's bulge better: nylon, poly or lycra?

Post by hpfny » Thu May 23, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm a 48 y/o single and straight guy. I'm not particularly muscle bound nor do I have a pot belly (35" waist) either so I'm fit enough to look fairly decent in swim briefs I think. I want to look good in swim briefs. So which swim briefs are generally better at enhancing one's bulge, nylon, polyester or lycra? Or is there any other way of better enhancing the bulge? By the way, I'm 6 inches when erect but it can be a nubbin when soft.

hardspeedo

Re: Which enhances one's bulge better: nylon, poly or lycra?

Post by hardspeedo » Thu May 23, 2013 11:59 pm

Lycra!! It stretches the most and can therefore expose the most when tight. ;) Show us the pics after you buy one?

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:52 am

Sounds like I'm about the same size as you. Problem I have is that any suit tends to push everything in. You might want to try an Aussiebum booster jock or wonderjock.

guitarzan

Post by guitarzan » Fri May 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Check out prevailsport.com and look up a bikini called the admiral. It has a built in support ring, and you can get in either lycra or rubberized. I bought the rubberized and it's a bit over the top (still haven't shown it to my wife). Others they offer are the definer (have it, love it) and the powerlifter, (don't have one yet). BTW, I'm about a month away from 48. It's good to see others on this site in my demographic. Of course at this age I'm more occupied with staying fit and keeping my pecs from sagging. I'm fighting that tooth and nail!

deadendwaterfall

Post by deadendwaterfall » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:51 am

I'd most definitely say lycra! :)

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:50 am

Nylon. Lycra's compresses too much and poly feels odd.

obrasileiro

Post by obrasileiro » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:16 pm

I think Nylon. After my recent introduction to the nylon Caussie and then buying a polyester Sporti ( I swim in public pools and some are highly chlorinated ), I am persuaded that the Caussie gives a natural contour to the body, including the genitalia. There is no squeezing into a small space, but instead a natural lift. The Caussie forms a natural slings as it rides over the hip bones and just comes above the public bone, with no compression. The male escutcheon (abdominal and upper pubic body hair) remain visible, which I like.

hpfny

Post by hpfny » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:14 am

Thanks all.....I agree that lycra compresses too much.....I think that it makes me look smaller.....I will post pics when I'm ready.....all for now:)

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 am

Can't wait to see what you buy.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:16 am

I haven't been on for a while, and always willing to give an opinion on everything, so my vote would be the nylon, but for other reasons. Lycra compresses but shows better definition. Nylon produces a better bulge, for me, because I (now I'm outing myself :D) have a nylon fetish and I get hornier in them. Aussiebums are my favorite, but the boosterjock/wonderjock cuts at the base of my penis, which is not a comfortable condition.
Let's keep it brief.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:09 am

I'm somewhat shy and so wanted my first speedo to not be too revealing. Ironically, the tighter fitting competition suits like the Speedo Aquablade really hold things in and reduce the appearance of the bulge. It's somewhat counter-intuitive.

The nylon suits seem to be the most revealing - the looser fit allows everything to hang out. If you look at speedo photo galleries you'll notice the guys with the largest bulges by far, on a profile shot, are usually wearing nylon suits.