G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo etiquette

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Justin88

Re: Speedo etiquette

Post by Justin88 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 pm

JohnC wrote: ...I saw a few guys wearing at the county park pool in suburban Pennsylvania of all places- its a huge pool and it has lap lanes.

Busy pools with lap lanes are the best odds to see other guys in swim suits.
There are a couple county big pools here. They have others that are more like water parks. There's one lap pool that has a really good swim team and a Masters swimming group. You see speedos there more now.

There are a million people in this county but very few swim laps. I work long hours now full time and it's hard to get over there. I'm thinking about joining L.A. Fitness. I think most of them have indoor pools and are open early and late.

Texas_swimmer

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Justin88 wrote:
JohnC wrote: ...I saw a few guys wearing at the county park pool in suburban Pennsylvania of all places- its a huge pool and it has lap lanes.

Busy pools with lap lanes are the best odds to see other guys in swim suits.
There are a couple county big pools here. They have others that are more like water parks. There's one lap pool that has a really good swim team and a Masters swimming group. You see speedos there more now.

There are a million people in this county but very few swim laps. I work long hours now full time and it's hard to get over there. I'm thinking about joining L.A. Fitness. I think most of them have indoor pools and are open early and late.

I have a membership at 24hr and they have an indoor pool. Its nothing compared to the pool at my college but it works.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Texas_swimmer wrote:
I have a membership at 24hr and they have an indoor pool. Its nothing compared to the pool at my college but it works.
Just wondered what the monthly membership is. There's a 24hr on my way home from work. From the outside it's huge. The web site says they have a full size basketball court. There's a three lane lap pool.

Texas_swimmer

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Yeah all the clubs are the same. Tjey differ on how they are organized but they all have the pool, basketball court and steam rooms... I pay $30.00 a month for my membership.

minimalist53

Post by minimalist53 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:21 am

I usually wear mine to the beach, but wear board shorts if I am with family members other than my wife. Always at the health club pool. Occasionally, if I am alone, I go to Gunnison where I don't wear anything. Wore them at Atlantis for beach and pool, where they were fairly common, although a minority, and the water park, where I may have been the only one. Even didn't cover up for getting lunch at the counter. Next time I think I'll try an outdoor table service restaurant. Have also worn them at Disney water parks and Six Flags parks in Texas and again didn't cover up for counter service lunch. Haven't had the courage for local water parks in the NJ/PA area.

5t9

Post by 5t9 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 am

My location is Toronto, Canada.

I wear mine all the time, in my high-rise pool, public pools, and on the beach. I usually wear the "standard issue" -- not too skimpy. I have a nice Speedo black-and-white parquet pattern that has really stood the test of time, and I love to wear.

I have also a PistolPete army green/camo-coloured mesh that is see-through basically up top that I wear on some days. It's sexier than the other, but if I'm feeling frisky, sure, put it on!

In Canada, yes, most guys wear boardies. At the public pool, I notice older Euro guys wear speedos, men well into their 70s and those guys are buff and still look great. It's what you feel comfortable in. I almost can't believe reading more and more guys in Australia are opting for boardies!

I don't think I have the nerve to wear some of the "bare-butt" (jock styles) or even ABs that judging by some pics, are for my sense, too revealing.

SwimTeamSpeedo

Post by SwimTeamSpeedo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:28 am

I think most guys who want to wear brief cut suits get too hung up about it. I've worn only brief cut suits (Speedo, Nike, Tyr, Arena, etc) to the beach, lake, pool, washing the car, hanging out on the deck, sunning,etc. since I was a kid. I've never had an issue, a nasty comment, or anything. I do think that going much less than the race cut is probably crossing the line. I don't think solars, thongs, or the kind that look like you are sticking your manhood in a sock belong in open public places (nude, gay or private is different).

It's a swimsuit... just wear it. I also don't really care if I am the only dude wearing a Speedo type suit. I fact, I am glad I break the norm....

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:19 am

SwimTeamSpeedo wrote:I do think that going much less than the race cut is probably crossing the line. ..
The race cut to me feels conservative now. I've never had any comments about wearing them....only smiles from girls.

...:::sam:::...

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:10 am

I'd just wear the size that fits properly. Then nobody will think much of it. Baggy is not good and tight if you can pull it off. I have been swimming about 5 times a week over the last few months and I dont recall seeing any speedos that were not the normal fit.