G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Looking at a new suit

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

What color?

Black
No votes
Navy
No votes
Red
No votes

Total votes: 0

Texas_swimmer

Looking at a new suit

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Hey guys/gals I'm looking at getting a new suit, I was thinking about getting a Speedo Solar brief. I have a regular Speedo swim brief but I was wanting something a little more revealing than the 3in brief. Should I buy a size up or should I just go with the size of my 3in speedo 32 waist briefs? Also what color looks the best? Im torn on black, navy or dare I even think of getting a white one lol. Reason I ask about the size issue is that I bought a Sporti euro style brief in size 32, and there really isn't enough room for the boys if you know what I mean, and don't want to repeat that again... :oops:

Also this suit will see the lap pool and sometimes the beach when I can go.

Thanks!
Last edited by Texas_swimmer on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

electric2010

Re: Looking at a new suit

Post by electric2010 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:20 am

The poll does not seem to be working.

My vote would be for red.

Pete25

Post by Pete25 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:10 am

The solar white is not that revealing due to the lining but on a toned body white is hot.

Texas_swimmer

Post by Texas_swimmer » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:49 pm

I think I have it narrowed down to the red or navy color. Since I wear a size 32 for my regular speedo suit should I get a 32 again or maybe a 34? Reason Im worried about that is I bought a sporti suit in a 32 and there is little room up front..

speedoboi0418

Post by speedoboi0418 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 pm

be bold and go with the red dude, it would look good with your skin tone:)
Be true to yourself, never somebody else

Texas_swimmer

Post by Texas_swimmer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm

speedoboi0418 wrote:be bold and go with the red dude, it would look good with your skin tone:)
I don't know yet about the color so far lol, I'm not that tan so I dont think I can pull red off yet...

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:22 pm

The speedo solar will have room up front so just get the 32.

Good luck

electric2010

Post by electric2010 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:54 am

Go with the red.

Caussie

Post by Caussie » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:14 am

Hello Texas_swimmer,

Interesting question...Seeing you are a Speedo fan, I invite your consideration of Caussie http://www.caussie.com.au. These were created in response to the disappearance of the 100% nylon Speedo... the original Speedo.

If you like the 100% nylon, then these may suit. Speedo have stopped making them, and if you truly like nylon, then the cessation of the original speedos is a great pity.

Haven't truly understood that your desire for something more revealing, is likely to be found in going from a 32" 3" side, to a 34". Would have thought that you would be more looking at going to a 2" side, in the same size.

Anyway, may I suggest you consider a Caussie in Navy Blue, 2" side, in size 32". You don't need a bigger waist size to get the suit you desire, just a better design, that accomodates your needs. And Navy Blue would suit, that's my recommendation. Of course, ultimately it's your decision, and you have to wear it! Good luck in whatever direction you go.

All the best,

Caussie http://www.caussie.com.au

chicagospeedoguy

Post by chicagospeedoguy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:01 am

Black speedo solars are very hot, in my opinion. Wearing one now, as a matter of fact.

Texas_swimmer

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:02 pm

chicagospeedoguy wrote:Black speedo solars are very hot, in my opinion. Wearing one now, as a matter of fact.

I plan on getting a black one because I was thinking the same thing. I don't have the tan to pull off for a red suit imo.

samurai

Post by samurai » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Red def dude!

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:40 pm

John is right. Go for the 32. They run a little big and are stretchy. I'd get the red. You don't have to have a tan to wear it. I actually have a maroon solar that looks pretty good.

speedo_arena

Post by speedo_arena » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:56 pm

I am a big fan of navy and black. You have a similar skin tone to me and it will look so hot.

nkyspeedoguy

Post by nkyspeedoguy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Get a red, perfect for the rest of the summer!!!

usbagz

Post by usbagz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:06 am

Go for the red, dude!