G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Water Polo Brief Vs. Swim Brief

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

hawtinmaspeedo

Water Polo Brief Vs. Swim Brief

Post by hawtinmaspeedo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm looking around on swim outlet and ebay and wondered what would be good for just laps at my college's pool? Is a water polo one okay? I have a speedo but it doesnt stretch and am looking at zumo or agon or speedo aquablade

Batsuboi

Re: Water Polo Brief Vs. Swim Brief

Post by Batsuboi » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:54 am

Hey there!

I actually just got a Zumo suit and it's pretty nice! It fits well but I haven't had a chance to take a swim in them yet. They're definitely made with a thicker and more durable material than regular speedos though, probably cause they would take more of a beating while actually playing water polo. I read a lot of reviews saying to size up instead of down and I'm glad I did because they are still pretty snug (I usually wear 32-33 in regular speedos so I went to a 34). They're not too stretchy though, more like the polyester speedos. I imagine that Turbos fit similar although I think other members here can comment on them.

Can't beat the styles they come in though...both Zumos and Turbos seem to have much flashier designs than regular swimming speedos!

-bb

tylerdurden

Post by tylerdurden » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:52 pm

I have a pair of Turbos and they are indeed more rugged but also very tight; the advice to go two sizes up is good advice.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 pm

tylerdurden wrote:I have a pair of Turbos and they are indeed more rugged but also very tight; the advice to go two sizes up is good advice.
Two sizes...yeep. I guess they run small because water polo guys like them tight (VERY tight sounds like....) so they dont get pulled off.

dorcas336

Post by dorcas336 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Turbos are very very tight and rugged-no give to them and you might show signicant butt crack and the top of furry pubs,!

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:07 am

i have a size small turbo - pretty similar to a size 28 nike suit - i've got room for the boys and it doesn't show crack. pretty thick fabric, and very rugged suit for sure. great suit.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:26 am

JohnC wrote:i have a size small turbo - pretty similar to a size 28 nike suit - i've got room for the boys and it doesn't show crack. pretty thick fabric, and very rugged suit for sure. great suit.
hey john....post a pic.... what print was it?? do you wear a 28 in speeds usually?? Does the lycra on those feel smooth or ruff??

So I was getting stuff out of the utility room and I found my TYR solid in royal. That was one of my first suits. i thot I'd lost it.. YAY! :P

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Hey Justin: Here are the two turbos I have. The yellow one is called H20 zoom. The fabric is pretty smooth and comfy to wear if you get the size right. The other is a limited edition.

Ha - I also have a tyr, royal with white splice, size 28. It is pretty well worn at this point from swimming.

Usually I wear 26 in the Nike Core Splice Brief in black/varsity red, or a 28 black/green Core Splice brief. My fav suits!

Not wearing the "speedo" brand suits lately.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (58.42 KiB) Viewed 10256 times

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 pm

JohnC wrote:Hey Justin: Here are the two turbos I have. The yellow one is called H20 zoom. The fabric is pretty smooth and comfy to wear if you get the size right. The other is a limited edition.

Ha - I also have a tyr, royal with white splice, size 28. It is pretty well worn at this point from swimming.

Usually I wear 26 in the Nike Core Splice Brief in black/varsity red, or a 28 black/green Core Splice brief. My fav suits!

Not wearing the "speedo" brand suits lately.
John, those are really beautiful suits. And I like the way they are cut.

My TYR is a 26. I've worn it quite a bit so it's stretched a little, but it doesn't look that way. It fits perfect. I should take a pic of it. I'd kind of forgot how much I liked it.

Always

Post by Always » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:39 pm

I for one would love to see both of you modeling your respective suits.

Please! : )

Cheers!
Always

P.S. You can send them to me privately if you want or better yet invite me over for a private showing, thanks. lol...

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi Always - I can show you the Nike suits first - this is the green 28 Core splice brief -

I bought it on Swimoutlet.com - these are great for swimming
Attachments
Photo on 2011-12-12 at 18.38 #3.jpg
Photo on 2011-12-12 at 18.38 #3.jpg (67.22 KiB) Viewed 7735 times

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi Always - here is the 26 Nike core splice - I wear it lots for swimming

Your photos are the best

Since we are in the shopping discussion board I should add that I also bought this at Swimoutlet.com

I will try to get the Turbos up later
Attachments
Photo on 2011-12-12 at 18.36 #5.jpg
Photo on 2011-12-12 at 18.36 #5.jpg (67.56 KiB) Viewed 7735 times

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:41 am

JohnC wrote:Hi Always - here is the 26 Nike core splice - I wear it lots for swimming
:shock: Whoa! Looking good there John!!

jj

Always

Post by Always » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Justin88 wrote::shock: Whoa! Looking good there John!!
I agree with Justin, you are looking good. Thanks for sharing these pics with us.

Cheers!

httechtim

Post by httechtim » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:44 pm

john, what is the one your wearing in your default... i like it, been wanting to try a nike suit...

-tim

piii

Post by piii » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:40 pm

speaking of water polo suits... where is the best place to get a Turbo or Monsterpolo suit? From their websites? thanks

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:27 pm

piii wrote:speaking of water polo suits... where is the best place to get a Turbo or Monsterpolo suit? From their websites? thanks
swimoutlet.com carries Turbo now.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:33 am

Tim:

That is a nike hydra in varsity red. They only make black now, and it is an unlined suit.

I have two in navy blue in size 30 if you are interested, pm me.

john

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:06 am

Here it is Tim - navy hydra size 30
Attachments
Photo on 2011-12-18 at 11.56.jpg
Photo on 2011-12-18 at 11.56.jpg (133.19 KiB) Viewed 7564 times

hawtinmaspeedo

Post by hawtinmaspeedo » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanx guys, JohnC you look awesome in those and thanks for the posts and goes to the rest. I picked up the aquablade for 10 bucks instead of the zumho, fits sooo comfortably but now my mission is to find cheap turbos