G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aquablade gone

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Justin88

Aquablade gone

Post by Justin88 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:46 am

Looks like Speedo has stopped making the Aquablade. Too bad. Great suit and it looked hot.

aussiebumfan

Re: Aquablade gone

Post by aussiebumfan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:00 pm

With FINA banning them from competition swimming (some common sense at last) I dare say that sales have dropped substantially, and thereby from Speedo's line. Whether they are hot or not is really a personal thing - I thought they were totally sexless, and glad to see comp swimmers back to some sexier looks. And let's face it - they were never cheap, and never designed to last. We've seen more than one suddenly fall apart at comp swim meets, Commonwealth Games & the Olympics.

zee

Post by zee » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:33 am

Aquablade briefs are one of my favorites. I still have a couple I bought few years back.

You can still get these online with very limited sizes left, so they won't be there for long.
http://www.allensswimwear.co.uk/product ... 20%2828%29
http://www.swimwear4men.com/az.asp?k=&id=wSP097~
http://www.mailsports.co.uk/men/briefs_ ... oduct~1825
Attachments
200812105954.jpg
200812105954.jpg (8.8 KiB) Viewed 4135 times
100727031.jpg
100727031.jpg (4.28 KiB) Viewed 4135 times
SP097l.jpg
SP097l.jpg (12.77 KiB) Viewed 4135 times

aussiebumfan

Post by aussiebumfan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:08 pm

Sorry guys - thought you were talking about the Aquablade full body suits that the comp swimmers were wearing for a while. Full body suits - definitely not sexy.

Bi_Sporty

Post by Bi_Sporty » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 am

Thanks Zee, I ordered one in the nick of time! :lol:

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:04 pm

aussiebumfan wrote:Sorry guys - thought you were talking about the Aquablade full body suits that the comp swimmers were wearing for a while. Full body suits - definitely not sexy.
yeah I alwayst thot the full body suits looked kind of dorky. and besides....the suits were breaking records...not the swimmers..... we'll see what the times are in the next Olympics. :roll:

your right...the suit companies aren't making the money they did. And what their doing is dropping low priced tech suits like the Blade and replacing them with briefs and jammers that cost $100 or even $200 or more. even the TYR tech jammer went from 40 to 60 at swimoutlet.... with a comp suit, the main thing you want is to keep the thing glued to your butt so it doesn't catch water underneath. you can do a downsize or doubledownsize and get that with a Sporti and for ten bucks.!! I know speedo and tyr support swimming with their endorsements and sponsoring and all, but they could still carry tech suits a lap swimmer could buy. if you took care of a Blade it lasted a long time....I think it was a poly fabric....

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:06 pm

zee wrote:Aquablade briefs are one of my favorites. I still have a couple I bought few years back.

You can still get these online with very limited sizes left, so they won't be there for long.
hey thanks Zee...

aussiebumfan

Post by aussiebumfan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:51 pm

You're tight justin88 it was the suits and not the swimmers that were breaking the records - what a waste of training and sacrifice eh! It got to be a joke by the time the Commonwealth Games swung around - which i think FINA realised, With the trials for the London Olympics on at the moment, records are again being broken - and without the suits. I think that says it all.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:10 pm

aussiebumfan wrote:You're tight justin88 it was the suits and not the swimmers that were breaking the records - what a waste of training and sacrifice eh! It got to be a joke by the time the Commonwealth Games swung around - which i think FINA realised, With the trials for the London Olympics on at the moment, records are again being broken - and without the suits. I think that says it all.
Yes, It should be a test of the athletes ability against the water, not what suit helps you. I don't know about Speedo, but some of the other suits had a flotation effect. So long as the full body suits were around, you never knew whether it was the athlete or what he was wearing that had the edge (at the elite level they are all superb swimmer), and that was the really unfair part. and not everyone wore the same suit.... and some athletes ditched their sponsor suits (like adidas) because they thought another one (speedo ...tyr) would make them faster. It was a mess.

aussiebumfan

Post by aussiebumfan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 pm

The other unfair aspect of it was that swimmers from more under-developed countries didn't have the sponsorship of major swimwear manufacturers, so they didn't have access to the suits - so it was really the haves-and-the-havenots, with the havenots not having the same advantages of countries like Australia, Britain & the USA. At least with everyone going back to briefs or jammers it has evened out the playing field.

Duncandude

Post by Duncandude » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:28 am

I bet they could charge more for a full-body suits than speedos. Fortunately they banned the full suits - fortunately, because I like my elite athletes in speedos, thank you. :P

aussiebumfan

Post by aussiebumfan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:14 pm

I'll second that - body suits did nothing for their butts! Always liked the rear view from the blocks in briefs or jammers.

Bi_Sporty

Post by Bi_Sporty » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Got myblack Aquablade last night and tried it on, I love it! Can't wait to go to the pool in it! :P