G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Thoughts on Aussiebum Soda stripe?

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

marco_85

Thoughts on Aussiebum Soda stripe?

Post by marco_85 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:11 am

Has anyone bought a pair before? Are they too loose? Prefer tight sorts

Cheers
Attachments
IS_stripes_soda_4.jpg
IS_stripes_soda_4.jpg (91.34 KiB) Viewed 5186 times

CerealKiller

Re: Thoughts on Aussiebum Soda stripe?

Post by CerealKiller » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:31 am

I have never bought any, but I'm sure you will look great in them. ;D

aussiebumfan

Post by aussiebumfan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:53 pm

I know this sounds like a contradiction, but they are loose without being as loose as the "AussieBum" Loose range- if you get what i mean. I have a pair (Check out the photo section of the site) and love them. You'd look pretty good in them judging from your avatar.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:21 pm

aussiebumfan wrote:I know this sounds like a contradiction, but they are loose without being as loose as the "AussieBum" Loose range
Hahaha it's funny but I know exactly what you mean :mrgreen: lol

tylerdurden

Post by tylerdurden » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Ha, I have a pair too and would describe them pretty much the same way! The lack of rubber in the waistband makes them a bit loose but they are not quite as saggy as the loose range.

jay

Post by jay » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:40 am

I have two pair and agree with all the posts thus far, just one further revelation, plenty of room for your junk and if you happen to come to attention a beautiful marquee will appear :)

aussiebumfan

Post by aussiebumfan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Now that would provide some interesting photo's!

AB FAV

Post by AB FAV » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 am

marco_85 wrote:Has anyone bought a pair before? Are they too loose? Prefer tight sorts

Cheers
Marco I had the exact suit. I like it and yes it is an Aussiebum Loose but it is not overly loose in fit. Only thing I did not like was it faded after 6-9 months but then again I swim in a chlorinated pool almost daily and swam wearing it in the ocean several times so what should I expect.

Whatever you do don't upsize if you're a slim guy. I wore a L/18 in that suit and the normal Speedo/Nike type swim brief I wear a 34 maybe a 36. The L/18 fit me nicely with some upfront space but it was not tight. If you gotta go tight then drop a size but I don't advise it.

Oh one more thing, because the suit has white vertical bands depending upon how you pack yourself or if you're cut, your head can be seen.

aussiebumfan

Post by aussiebumfan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Head showing in AB's can be a plus for some of us! AussieBum are pretty good with their sizing, though it can depend on style. I have a 32" waist which would normally be a 16, but 14 in most AussieBums are fine, especially the "Loose" styles. I bought a 14 in the stripe and it fits perfectly. However I also bought 14 in their footy shorts, but probably should have gone to mens - they are fine for a home session, but i wouldn't wear them to the gym as they are a bit too short. So it really does depend on the style. But then in one of their boardie styles i bought a Mens, and needed to return them for a SM. I should point out that i have lost weight in the last 14 months, so that could affect my sizing.

marco_85

Post by marco_85 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:29 am

Thanks for the sizings, plus the packaging tip AB FAV. Nice tip.

Another question, has anyone ever bought a style with a zip down the front?

I saw them in action in a hot vid and ever since have always been interested. Just for indoor action.
Attachments
zip.jpg
zip.jpg (81.93 KiB) Viewed 4846 times
BF336-59-3.jpg
BF336-59-3.jpg (149.33 KiB) Viewed 4932 times
Last edited by marco_85 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

marco_85

Post by marco_85 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:41 am

After I order my Aussiebums I am thinking of these ones.
Just saw them on that Mensuas website posting. Really look good from behind - great shape and band. Something good for everyday swim.
Attachments
Mensuas_Blue-Metro-Stripe.jpg
Mensuas_Blue-Metro-Stripe.jpg (50.72 KiB) Viewed 4218 times

antonio1069

Post by antonio1069 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:39 am

i have these in red

still haven't posted pics tho

aussiebumfan

Post by aussiebumfan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Wouldn't mind running into this in striped AB's
Attachments
1aussiebumBg_1043.jpg
1aussiebumBg_1043.jpg (65.61 KiB) Viewed 4115 times

johnny

Post by johnny » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:36 am

I have a green stripe pair and if I have a boner I struggle to stop it from spilling out.
Not the kind you risk wearing on the beach :oops:
Attachments
lime.jpg
lime.jpg (77.16 KiB) Viewed 4103 times