G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Sporti brand: European cut? Quality? More revealing?

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Tobias

Sporti brand: European cut? Quality? More revealing?

Post by Tobias » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:18 am

A nice thing about swimoutlet is that they have a video of a model in most of the suits they sell.

You can see how the suit looks from front, rear and side.

I had heard Sporti was a reasonably priced brand of good quality with a European cut.

Anyway, I checked it out. The suits look good and there are great color options, but the Sporti style does not hold things in well. Say like my Aqua-blade.

The profile of the model in the Sporti suits show a pronounced bulge, while the same model in the Aqua-blade shows just a slight bulge.

I'm a bit shy wearing speedos and prefer styles that minimize things - like the Aqua-blade.

In any case I was set to buy a Sporti, they have a great maroon color, but after seeing the video decided against it.

Not saying its not a good brand, just their suits are on the too revealing side IMO.

Hats off to swimoutlet for including the videos. It really helps in selecting a brand/style.

5t9
Canada

Re: Sporti brand: European cut? Quality? More revealing?

Post by 5t9 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:21 am

Yes, the sporti euro cut is designed to be more revealing, and I think guys opt for it for that reason. Sporti regular or euro is a good cheap suit if you go through alot and replace them often. one sporti lasted 4 months in daily 2-hours session in clorinated water, but though the colour faded quickly, the suit retained its shape and elasticity pretty well. agree, swimoutlet is a great site.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:16 am

5t9 wrote:Yes, the sporti euro cut is designed to be more revealing, and I think guys opt for it for that reason. Sporti regular or euro is a good cheap suit if you go through alot and replace them often. one sporti lasted 4 months in daily 2-hours session in clorinated water, but though the colour faded quickly, the suit retained its shape and elasticity pretty well. agree, swimoutlet is a great site.
Yeah, the reviews for the Sporti Euro are almost all great but clearly the reviewers are looking for a minimalist style. One of the few negative reviews was from a mother who bought a pair for her 14 year old son not realizing how skimpy the fit was. She said it would barely fit her 10 year old. She should have checked the video model out.

The prices are unbelievable given that the suits apparently hold up well.

I might try a standard Sporti brief as the color selection is great and the price is right. Per the video model even the standard Sporti is very revealing compared to other brands, but if I feel uncomfortable wearing it I can just toss it out given the cheap price.

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:09 am

For the price, Sporti suits are great if you get the sizing right :) The first Euro cut I bought was in my waist size (34) and were too small. They barely held things in place...which started making me excited...which made things fall out of place :)

Currently I have a 36 in the Euro cut and a 34 with the "regular" cut. Both fit great. The regular cut is definitely more modest, but skimpier than the traditional US Speedo brief. Very comfortable on me.