G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Abundant Speedo Locations

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SCC
Great Britain

Abundant Speedo Locations

Post by SCC » Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Having just been abroad and seeing plenty of blokes in speedos, for a change, it got me thinking it would be great thread for this forum...

Where have you been and seen the most number of guys wearing Speedos / trunks / briefs, be it at the beach pool or other establishment?

I think it would be fun to chat about but it might also inform the travel choices of others. Perhaps you have a one off wonder where speedos were unexpectedly abundant or maybe you have a regular haunt where speedo-spotting is guaranteed?
Straight, Speedos, cycling :shock:

OBXspeedo
United States of America

Re: Abundant Speedo Locations

Post by OBXspeedo » Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:11 pm

Honolulu and Palm Springs

speedoGopher

Post by speedoGopher » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Hollywood Beach in Chicago

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:47 am

SCC wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:03 pm
Having just been abroad and seeing plenty of blokes in speedos, for a change, it got me thinking it would be great thread for this forum...

Where have you been and seen the most number of guys wearing Speedos / trunks / briefs, be it at the beach pool or other establishment?

I think it would be fun to chat about but it might also inform the travel choices of others. Perhaps you have a one off wonder where speedos were unexpectedly abundant or maybe you have a regular haunt where speedo-spotting is guaranteed?
Where did you see them? Still thin on the ground or non existant where I have been.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:34 am

Anywhere in Asia from Japan and China to the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia, and Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand. Then westward to the Indian subcontinent including Sri Lanka, the Maldives, and even Pakistan. The mideast including Israel, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Lebanon. Westward to Greece and Turkey, Cyprus, and anywhere in Europe and Scandinavia. Southwards to the beaches of South Africa, Zanzibar, and most any other coastal country. Don't forget Oceania and Oz and NZ. In the Americas you'd be happy on Canada, Mexico, Central America, and pretty much fine in South America ... sunga anyone?

IOW, pretty much anywhere else in the world except the USA. That must be American exceptionalism in action. After all the country was settled by friggin' Puritans.

SCC
Great Britain

Post by SCC » Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:16 am

OBXspeedo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:11 pm
I'm intrigued by Honolulu. Was it mainly speedo-happy Americans or were there other nationalities wearing speedos too?

I'm limited knowledge of Hawaii is that it mainly American folk that holiday there?

SCC
Great Britain

Post by SCC » Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:20 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:47 am
SCC wrote:

Where did you see them? Still thin on the ground or non existent where I have been.
It was my recent trip to Lanzarote, I wore speedos exclusively and other than a gay couple who seemed quite interested, nobody batted an eyelid. However, there were maybe 10 other blokes in speedos, either at the resort or the public beach. Which, for me at least, is the highest I've seen on my travels.

MPC
United States of America

Post by MPC » Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:53 am

Isn’t Sydney, Australia one too? That’s where the speedo originated.

OBXspeedo
United States of America

Post by OBXspeedo » Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:07 am

SCC wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:16 am
OBXspeedo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:11 pm
I'm intrigued by Honolulu. Was it mainly speedo-happy Americans or were there other nationalities wearing speedos too?

I'm limited knowledge of Hawaii is that it mainly American folk that holiday there?
It was mainly American, Canadian, European, and Asian men

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:36 pm

SCC wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:20 am
Scottiebum wrote:
SCC wrote:

Where did you see them? Still thin on the ground or non existent where I have been.
It was my recent trip to Lanzarote, I wore speedos exclusively and other than a gay couple who seemed quite interested, nobody batted an eyelid. However, there were maybe 10 other blokes in speedos, either at the resort or the public beach. Which, for me at least, is the highest I've seen on my travels.
That's good to hear! I only saw one or two others in speedos in all the time I was in Madeira. Although, like you, nobody bothered. As I said in another post we went on a wildlife trip by boat and on the way back they anchor to allow anyone who wants to swim. Again I was the only one to drop my shorts to reveal a speedo!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:36 am

speedoGopher wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:01 pm
Hollywood Beach in Chicago
Always a good speedo crowd there

speedoGopher

Post by speedoGopher » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:34 pm

I wish there were more beaches like it in the Midwest. It's awesome, but there are other progressive cities in the Midwest that don't have anything like it.

SCC
Great Britain

Post by SCC » Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:35 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:36 pm
SCC wrote:
Scottiebum wrote:

That's good to hear! I only saw one or two others in speedos in all the time I was in Madeira. Although, like you, nobody bothered. As I said in another post we went on a wildlife trip by boat and on the way back they anchor to allow anyone who wants to swim. Again I was the only one to drop my shorts to reveal a speedo!
That's a real shame that you were the only one in Speedos. Cool to go on a boat trip though and then crack out the trunks!
I'm sure you were an inspiration!

Budgy Smugglers seemed popular in Lanzarote, not a suit I've seen in the wild before.

SCC
Great Britain

Post by SCC » Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:40 pm

BozeHawk wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:34 am
Anywhere in Asia from Japan and China to the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia, and Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand. Then westward to the Indian subcontinent including Sri Lanka, the Maldives, and even Pakistan. The mideast including Israel, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Lebanon. Westward to Greece and Turkey, Cyprus, and anywhere in Europe and Scandinavia. Southwards to the beaches of South Africa, Zanzibar, and most any other coastal country. Don't forget Oceania and Oz and NZ. In the Americas you'd be happy on Canada, Mexico, Central America, and pretty much fine in South America ... sunga anyone?

IOW, pretty much anywhere else in the world except the USA. That must be American exceptionalism in action. After all the country was settled by friggin' Puritans.
It's interesting you say about Asia. I've travelled extensively in SE Asia and didn't see a single speedo, however, I didn't spend much time in coastal areas and didn't take any speedos myself so it's not really a fair test.

Glad to hear about Mexico though as I'll be there next spring.

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:11 am

Head to the southern beaches of Thailand and you'll note the numbers of Middle Eastern tourists with their families. The guys frolicking in speedos, their wives in nibaq sweating while minding the kids.

Then there're the increasing number of Russians with their beer bellies overhanging their tiny suits, and their near under-aged high heel — on the beach — wearing prostitutkas in their thong bikinis.

The other foreigners would be the Scandinavians and various western Europeans. They're totally comfortable in their skin and both men and women wear small suits.

The locals don't go to the beach, and as a modest Buddhist nation — though the further South you go the Muslim population increases which makes Phuket and environs a draw for Arabs — topless sunbathing or even nude beaches are discouraged. However there are remote island beaches where when alone you'll be fine grabbing that all around tan.

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:57 pm

I visited beaches in Italy and Croatia this summer with family. I never had to wait long nor look far to see another guy in a speedo. But I wouldn’t say they were abundant. Just a few here and there, but rarely myself being the only one.

In Tropea in southern Italy, a beautiful place on the Mediterranean, one could feast on the sight of string bikinis and beautiful bums. However, board shorts were the main choice of young men. Besides that, there were real swim suits, square cuts and a few classic speedos, most worn by older men and by younger boys. It’s a family destination. It was the same at other local beaches I visited in passing, Pizzo, Tonara di Palmi, Scilla and Cesenatico. A few speedos, not zero, not abundant.

The most speedos I saw in one place in Croatia was at Kasjuni Beach in the wild Marjan park in Split. There seemed to be a Brazilian contingent there all together, no wonder.

The Croatian coast is popular with European vacationers as well as with Croatians on vacations. The water is clear and inviting, and not surprisingly they have a great watersports culture, and it seems like they could care less what swim costume you choose. I don’t care either. Part of the scenery. You just have to put aside the notion that a beach has to have soft fine sand. I had a a blast in Mali Losinj, Zadar, Split, and Dubrovnik (despite the over-tourism in the latter).

One funny scene near a Kampground near Mali Losinj, a guy sporting a black 1” speedo pushing a baby carriage alongside his wife (presumably) sporting her fine black bikini. “You be you”.
feel water like an otter would

SCC
Great Britain

Post by SCC » Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:58 am

Southern Italy and Croatia have been added to the list of places I need to visit with my trunks!

It looks like you're not wrong about Kasjuni Beach: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractio ... egory=-160

I bet that couple looked great in their matching black tiny suits! That reminds me that I really must find myself a 1" Speedo.

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:23 am

BozeHawk wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:34 am

Nah,

all the Roanoke colonists were happy Speedo wearers but they disappered.

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:38 am

SCC wrote:
Scottiebum wrote:
SCC wrote:

Great to have found as many as you did!

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:38 pm

Miami was always reasonable- never a majority, but usually 2-3 other guys on south beach. Oddly enough the nude section at Haulover was always were I saw the most speedos. guys were either nude or in all sorts of speedos & thongs.