G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Washing the Speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: Washing the Speedos

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:08 pm

rmf wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:28 pm
As a swimmer, I cringe every time I see someone walk dry on to the deck and get right into the pool without showering first. And it drives me absolutely insane when I get to the pool as the aqua aerobic ladies are jumping away and the scent of perfume is overpowering the smell of chlorine. As the saying goes, no one wants to swim in your toilet...
I have been really surprised at my local pool to see the majority of swimmers in the swim club (all adults) that comes in after the public session do not shower.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:31 pm

lycramike34 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:58 am
Speedoaddict wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:42 am
If I wear mine as underwear it is usually at the beach (if and when I go) purely because they dry so quick. If I am at home and wear them or even sleep in a pair they are washed in with my normal washing. I have a pair for the gym for under my shorts but alway, always shower before I go into the pool to wash the sweat off or I take a change of trunks with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have you not found that the heat of the water in the Washing machine has Ruined the Elastic around the waist and legs. Like you i do also Sleep in them as Well, but generally just rinse them out in a Bowl of Clean warm water, and sometime add a bit of ''Softener'' to the water
softener attacks stretch fabric so don;t use it with speedos, I use the delicates cycle (<30C)

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:40 pm

rmf wrote:
As a swimmer, I cringe every time I see someone walk dry on to the deck and get right into the pool without showering first. And it drives me absolutely insane when I get to the pool as the aqua aerobic ladies are jumping away and the scent of perfume is overpowering the smell of chlorine. As the saying goes, no one wants to swim in your toilet...
Our local council put a photo of the local aqua aerobics club online.....to put it politely ......we're not talking overweight or obese, we are talking virtually ALL of them were morbidly obese, fair enough people are exercising, but being that heavy isn't good for your cardio vascular system and you either need to adjust your diet and/or do more exercise than a 30 minute gentle aqua aerobics class once a week....
worse those who clearly don't shower after using the pool and stink strongly of chlorine the rest of the day, you just think "you DO know how contaminated that water is, don't you??, the chlorine might kill the bacteria but the dirt is still there...."

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:41 pm

landoffrozensheep wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:40 pm
rmf wrote:
Our local council put a photo of the local aqua aerobics club online....not sure how.to put it politely ......we're not talking overweight or obese, we are talking virtually ALL of them were morbidly obese, fair enough people are exercising, but being that heavy isn't good for your cardio vascular system and you either need to adjust your diet and/or do a lot more exercise than a 30 minute gentle aqua aerobics class / gossip session once a week / bi weekly....
worse those who clearly don't shower after using the pool and stink strongly of chlorine the rest of the day, you just think "you DO know how contaminated that water is, don't you??, the chlorine might kill the bacteria but the dirt is still there...."