G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Problem Uploading Avatar

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

cluster

Re: Problem Uploading Avatar

Post by cluster » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:13 pm

it was a pleasure tu help you john.
Now i'm having the problem uploading my avatar. I know the size is correct, i tried with diferent formats like jpeg, gif, tiff, but the only one supported is jpeg. It doesn't let me upload again my old avatar which i deleted to put a new one. I don't know whats wrong.
I read in the internet that maybe its a problem with an update to the phpBB forum, i dont know
if anyone can help me please let me know

Always

Post by Always » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:38 pm

In order to upload an avatar photo there are three diminsions you need to be aware of. The first two are obvious, width and height. The third is the file size.

In order to upload an image to be your avatar it must not exceed any of the following diminsions.

Width: 150 pixels, height: 215 pixels, file size: 488.28 KB.

Depending on the application/method you use to resize an image the file size may not be reduced. In some cases it is possible for the file size to be increased even when you reduce the size of the image.

There are plenty of free image apps on the internet that will do both resize an image and/or reduce its file size.

I hope this info is helpful.

cluster

Post by cluster » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:59 am

yes, i'm aware of that, i used the aplication preview on my mac to resize the images, i tried with one that is 150x200 pixels and 40 KB then i tried with the same one only that i reduced cuality and now is 4KB. Also tried with my old avatar that is 150x174 and 8 KB. Non of the images could be uploaded. Also the three pictures are in jpeg format

Always

Post by Always » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Ok, so the remaining problem is that there is still some original data stored within the photo file, even though it has been reduced, that is preventing it from being accepted and hence uploaded.

The only way you will probably be able to get it to work is to run the image through another photo editing application that will clear out the old data. All I know is that, when it comes to images, what you see is not always what you get. I learned all of this through extensive web development and working with images.

Good Luck!

<3 speedos
Singapore

Post by <3 speedos » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:50 am

I had that problem too...

So I used other avatar i found in the net.
nil