G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Oldskool triathlon kit.

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

snakestone91

Oldskool triathlon kit.

Post by snakestone91 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:37 am

Hey, everyone.

I'm wonderin if any of you guys ever still wear oldskool triathlon kit.
I mean the kind with just a skimpy top + matchin speedo.

Where I live, only the surf lifesavers wear it these days.
I'm a massive fan of it + wish it would make a comeback.

I always wear it for my beach runs + get positive feedback.
People treat you like a professional when you wear it, which is cool.

It feels great, looks really hot + it's suitable for any beach activity.
I'd be interested to hear back from anyone who agrees.

Regardz, Dave.

bikini_noob

Re: Oldskool triathlon kit.

Post by bikini_noob » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:29 am

I only wore the oldskool style once, but I really liked how it both felt and looked. To have it make a comeback would be great. It was both practical and hot.

ubcboy

Re: Oldskool triathlon kit.

Post by ubcboy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Hey Snakestone,

I, personally don't wear an oldschool suit - I prefer a one piece tri suit with a front zipper, but in my last tri two weeks ago, there were a few guys rocking the speedo and top look.

They tend to be worn for the short-distance tris, such as the sprint distance and, less so, olympic distance. If you're doing a half- or full-ironman, you definitely don't want to wear the speedo as it lacks the protective chamois that is the only thing saving you from getting a very sore and raw ass (and not the good kind!).
If you doubt yourself, wear something else