G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

what countrys are speedos the norm on the beach

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

flaimboy

Re: what countrys are speedos the norm on the beach

Post by flaimboy » Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 am

The beaches in Australia are very speedo friendly. Although if your talking about a northern hemisphere summer holiday you out of luck - we're going in to Winter :(

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:17 am

brandon wrote:i want to go on vacation this summer to a country wear wearing a speedo is normal and not looked at weird
I'm just guessing. Maybe Asia, possibly Japan or Thailand. Used to be okay in Scandinavia, but my relatives visiting just wear board shorts now, at least when they are in Florida. Possibly Russia... if you want to go there. I get foreign films at the library and you see speeds worn in Russian movies. But most of the films are four or five years old.

Maybe the Russian guys who post spam here would know. :roll:

NorthSouth

Post by NorthSouth » Wed May 04, 2011 11:14 am

Justin88 wrote:
brandon wrote:i want to go on vacation this summer to a country wear wearing a speedo is normal and not looked at weird
Used to be okay in Scandinavia, but my relatives visiting just wear board shorts now, at least when they are in Florida.

Scandinavia is not the place to be to wear Speedos. Björn Borg has taken over big time.

I'd recommend Spain or France in Europe. In France it is quite common, as pools do not even allow other swimwear than Speedos. So they are used to be seen in them and don't mind to catch an extra ray of sun out there.

In Spain, even the young men flaunt their bodies in their XTG swimwear from the Canary Islands. Their bodies are often fully waxed, which really surprized me.

david30101

Post by david30101 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Martinique a French island in the Caribbean..I went there on a cruise and saw alot of guys probably Locals in speedos. I even wore mine on the water taxi as i saw some others wearing them as well on the same boat. Of course all the other tourasts from the USA and the ship had boardshorts on.
Also St Marteen is speedo friendly, Its french and dutch, there is also a gay beach on the french side. Any beach is speedo friendly, but not as many as on Martinique.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm

NorthSouth wrote:Scandinavia is not the place to be to wear Speedos. Björn Borg has taken over big time.

I'd recommend Spain or France in Europe. In France it is quite common, as pools do not even allow other swimwear than Speedos. So they are used to be seen in them and don't mind to catch an extra ray of sun out there.

In Spain, even the young men flaunt their bodies in their XTG swimwear from the Canary Islands. Their bodies are often fully waxed, which really surprized me.[/color]

Hmmm. XTG. have to google those. I'm on the Bjorn Borg email list. Definitely no speeds on his web site.

coolbriefs

Post by coolbriefs » Fri May 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Last edited by coolbriefs on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

david30101

Post by david30101 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:15 pm

coolbriefs wrote:I wore speedos as a teenager on family holidays in Costa Rica and Egypt, the majority of men/boys did.
I was in Lima Costa Rica on a cruise back in 2001. yes the beach there at the pier, Most guys and young boys wore speedos or underwear on beach. Only the tourasts wore those stupid boardshorts.

Tottenhot

Post by Tottenhot » Thu May 19, 2011 12:59 pm

As said before, Scandinavia is not that good. Finland is probably the most speedo-friendly country of the Nordic countries, although outside most people there seem to wear boardshorts, while many pools have banned them (and even if they aren't banned it is not impossible to see speedos at pools).

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:14 pm

coolbriefs wrote:I wore speedos as a teenager on family holidays in Costa Rica and Egypt, the majority of men/boys did.
I have a friend who visits here from Lebanon. His uncle who was also born there but lives here now wears speeds at their pool. But my friend wears O'Neil board shorts that just about cover his knees. :roll:

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Tue May 24, 2011 5:40 am

Italy scores well for speedo friendly

timochenko

Post by timochenko » Tue May 31, 2011 5:36 am

In Spain almost everybody wears speedos in swimming pools when it comes to swim and they are also quite common in many beaches (although more in boxer or brazilian sunga styles), actually nobody cares of what you are wearing, apart from maybe the oldest and most conservative people (i met once one but nothing beyond disapproval face). Maybe the speedos paradise is Brazil?

NorthSouth

Post by NorthSouth » Tue May 31, 2011 5:45 am

timochenko wrote:In Spain almost everybody wears speedos in swimming pools when it comes to swim and they are also quite common in many beaches (although more in boxer or brazilian sunga styles), actually nobody cares of what you are wearing, apart from maybe the oldest and most conservative people (i met once one but nothing beyond disapproval face). Maybe the speedos paradise is Brazil?
Indeed! My experience with Spain, and especially Las Canarias, is that it is no problem to wear Speedo style swimwear. Even young men wear them. They pull it off well with their waxed, bronzed bodies.

SwimBriefEnthusiast

Post by SwimBriefEnthusiast » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:09 am

Let's see.
Any beach in any country of the world where I set down my towel and strip down :).