G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Tips to get the drawstring out?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

miataman
United States of America

Tips to get the drawstring out?

Post by miataman » Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:08 am

Do any of you guys have the problem where if you stretch them too far part of the drawstring gets stuck inside? Any tips on how to get them back out? I'm far from a seamstress. I now tie a larger double knot around the end of them, that seems to work to prevent it....but I have a bunch of ones I like to wear where this has happened, and I've lost a few pounds so the drawstring is kind of necessary for me.

Flatfront
United States of America

Re: Tips to get the drawstring out?

Post by Flatfront » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:34 pm

Just search Amazon for a Drawstring Threader Tool, they have many types. You pull the string out, put one end in the loop, push the tool through and the drawstring will follow. A local sewing hobby shop may have this too. Some of the metal tools have a hook on the end to catch the end of the string, this is needed when the string is sewn in.

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:54 pm

Two ways that work for me. Both require a stiff wire like a metal coat hanger. Make a small closed hook (eye) in one end so you don't cut the suit when you fish out the drawstring and you can use it to possibly grab the drawstring .

1. Entering the missing drawstring eye opening, push the wire into the suit slowly while bending the wire to allow it to enter into the suit and make the turn. If you use your fingers you can move the wire one direction and the suit in the other so they pass each other. With luck you will feel and be able to grab the end of the drawstring (maybe in the small eye) and working with your fingers pinching the drawstring onto the wire slowly pull the wire with the drawstring along the band until it comes out through the drawstring hole. Using your fingers to work them out together helps.

2. Work the coat hanger wire into the suit, bending it to a curve allowing it to come out the other drawstring hole. Do this slow and work the material over the wire with your fingers to allow it to come out of the suit. More like pushing the material over the wire instead of pushing the wire through the material. Connect the drawstring to the wire eye and work it back through the suit doing the reverse working with the fabric, the drawstring and wire. Can either push or pull the drawstring through the suit band, depends on the string and suit.

Good luck. IM me if you have questions.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:53 am

Oohh yeah, happened a lot. I've also swapped out various drawcords into various speedos that I liked. If the cord has a plastic sleeve on the tip, like a new shoelace, usually it's not too hard to manipulate the end along--push the tip foward, grab the tip through the fabric and pull the fabric backwards. Slow and steady wins the race. If the cord doesn't have a solid tip to grab through the material, I've had some success poking a simple thread needle into the cord "corridor" and working the end of the cord through the speedo. Not for the impatient.

As I previously mentioned, sometimes when I've switched cords on a speedo, I've tried to tape the ends together and gently pull the new one through. That's successful maybe 20% of the time. Then wherever it pulled apart, I'm stuck using the above techniques trying to get the damn thing to the finish line. Boy I need a life...

beachg0y
United States of America

Post by beachg0y » Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:15 pm

A decent set of tweezers can help.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:43 pm

miataman wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:08 am
Do any of you guys have the problem where if you stretch them too far part of the drawstring gets stuck inside? Any tips on how to get them back out? I'm far from a seamstress. I now tie a larger double knot around the end of them, that seems to work to prevent it....but I have a bunch of ones I like to wear where this has happened, and I've lost a few pounds so the drawstring is kind of necessary for me.
Hell! Just let the suits droop!!

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:56 pm

You can try to pull the whole drawstring out. Soak it in water. Lay it out on a cookie sheet in a circle. Put the cookie sheet into the freezer. Once it is frozen you can thread it through your speedo. If you can get it off of the cookie sheet. :)

Fred8110
Canada

Post by Fred8110 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:15 pm

phltanner wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:43 pm
miataman wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:08 am
Hell! Just let the suits droop!!
Best advice !!! Haha!

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:07 am