G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Utah Speedo Lovers

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

hardspeedo

Utah Speedo Lovers

Post by hardspeedo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 pm

I know I brought up this topic before, but it's been ages and I've forgotten who's on here. Haha. So, I'm wondering who's out there that's into speedos and in my neck of the woods! :)

Snowbrief
United States of America

Re: Utah Speedo Lovers

Post by Snowbrief » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Not in your area, but glad to know there are others in the States who like their speedos, welcome on board. Looking forward to our numbers growing!
Let's keep it brief.

5t9
Canada

Post by 5t9 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Not from there, either. Passed through "4-corners" area on a family camping trip in 1969 when I was a kid. Can't help thinking "Mormon" when I hear Utah. Those clean-cut guys might look pretty hot in speedos. I just surfed some Mormon sponsored sites on the topic. Seems opinions are divided. Hopefully, the guy below is in your area! Perhaps his compromise of modesty and modernity will satisfy a general consensus:
Attachments
man-wearing-speedo[1].jpg
man-wearing-speedo[1].jpg (151.44 KiB) Viewed 6764 times
Last edited by 5t9 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

5t9
Canada

Post by 5t9 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Sorry the pic posted so large, but he's pretty hot. Found it googling mormon & speedos. There are many more.

hardspeedo

Post by hardspeedo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:44 pm

Haha. Flower.... no. I'm not Mormon, just fyi. Never have been either. :P

tanned bum

Post by tanned bum » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:10 am

I have had many business or winter (ski) resort trips to Utah but only one where I was able to pull on the speedos. The guy on duty looked me up and down (now know there is a gay population) and warned me a couple "very Mormon" families were there. We established it was big and I could avoid the kids. When I saw the suits they were out of the 70's with guys in Jams (remember them?) and the girls/women in one piece with skirt. Living in the desert I am very tan and I was in a pair of red Arena swim briefs. (3" sides, not too tight and no outlines-VPL)
Peeled off my shorts and tee, opened my book and started to read. I sensed a presence looked up to find two men looking down at me. I was told my attire was obscene and embarrassing the ladies. I was in shock. I away from all the rest of the pool lounges and their families -- what was the problem? I argued I was perfectly descent and if they don't like the view -- don't look. (I was so tempted to go to my room and change into a skimpy string side or even a thong, but resisted the temptation) I finally got sick of the attitude and left to the pool attendant giving me an "I told you so" and then a "I liked your suit - come back when they are gone".
Seeing you -- from Utah -- in a pair of speedos is so contradictory to my one poolside experience. You look great. I'll give Utah a second try.

5t9
Canada

Post by 5t9 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 am

tanned bum wrote:Seeing you -- from Utah -- in a pair of speedos is so contradictory to my one poolside experience. You look great. I'll give Utah a second try.
tanned bum, I don't think hardspeedo posted a pic, the guy with the flower was posted by me, in response to him. Agree, flower-guy is hot (maybe a fig-leaf might have made the point a little better, or better still, a fig-leaf strung around his midrift, sans speedo LOL).

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at the Utah resort. Raises some interesting aspects of cultural sensitivities vs. pluralism. If I were to sign up for one of these high-paying teaching/library gigs that seem always to be available in the Persian Gulf states, wd I wear my speedo, even in the safety of the foreign teachers' compound? Likely not. I'm not saying you "should have known better," not at all, but I am surprised "correct attire" was not spelled out on a large sign outside the pool, or in the resort's literature. Now, for example, Qatar and the Emirates may be sovereign states and have their own laws/customs, and foreign residents (such as Canadian/American contract workers) are bound by these laws; but is "Mormon country" the same thing? Should a certain area of the USA (or any sovereign state) have its own customs/laws that can be imposed at will, without the basis of official legislation, simply because a select group of people adhere to them? Interesting!

Eaite Randjam
United States of America

Post by Eaite Randjam » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:24 am

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at the Utah resort. Raises some interesting aspects of cultural sensitivities vs. pluralism. If I were to sign up for one of these high-paying teaching/library gigs that seem always to be available in the Persian Gulf states, wd I wear my speedo, even in the safety of the foreign teachers' compound? Likely not. I'm not saying you "should have known better," not at all, but I am surprised "correct attire" was not spelled out on a large sign outside the pool, or in the resort's literature. Now, for example, Qatar and the Emirates may be sovereign states and have their own laws/customs, and foreign residents (such as Canadian/American contract workers) are bound by these laws; but is "Mormon country" the same thing? Should a certain area of the USA (or any sovereign state) have its own customs/laws that can be imposed at will, without the basis of official legislation, simply because a select group of people adhere to them? Interesting![/quote]

Let's run down the list: Private property and commercial businesses have the right to post and make known policies not imposed by law, and the right of employees and owners to refuse service. Public places such as parks and beaches fall under local, state, and national laws and can only be enforced by law enforcement or those specially recognized to enforce rules (such as rangers and lifeguards). However, individuals who do not fall under such guidelines, such as other tenants, customers, or users of such facilities public or private do not have any power to eject or refuse service lawfully. In the United States they have every right to bitch and moan, complain to staff/law, and generally be grumpy but if the cross the line into harassment they're subject to the same laws of refusal of service and use of facilities.

At least that's the knowledge/interpretation I have :3

5t9
Canada

Post by 5t9 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 am

Eaite Randjam wrote:Private property and commercial businesses have the right to post and make known policies not imposed by law, and the right of employees and owners to refuse service [...] At least that's the knowledge/interpretation I have :3
That's what I'm saying. If the Utah resort in question really had a "dress code," they should have posted it, rather than enforce it whenever people complained.

hardspeedo

Post by hardspeedo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Geez, when were all of you in Utah? All I wear are speedos -- no boardies to be found. I've swam at a rec center pool many a time in speedos, and no one's said anything - save for one guy remarking that he didn't know underwear was allowed at pools a few years ago (I was wearing a squarecut). I've worn them to two different water parks too - no remarks. At said water parks neither speedo was subtle. one was neon green, the other a small Andrew Christian that was yellow. :P

No harsh words save for the one "bro" with all of his buddies at the rec pool a few years ago. :P

rxcollegeguy

Post by rxcollegeguy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:42 pm

I'm here in Utah too and I wear speedos, square cuts, drag suits, etc all the time to swim laps at a posh yet still "family"gym with no complaints. I even found an article written on my gym's website encouraging jammers or speedos as proper lap swimming attire since board shorts have too much drag and restrict movement. I even laid out to dry in the summer on a lounge chair at the outdoor pool with no comments or second glances. Besides, ESP if lap swimming, I feel anyone who rags on someone for wearing a speedo has obviously never wore one and felt the difference while lap swimming.