G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedos and jean's fit preference?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Tobias

Speedos and jean's fit preference?

Post by Tobias » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:26 am

I'm a young guy who wears speedos for lap swimming and such. I've noticed, since I recently started wearing speedos, two things.

Hardly any guys in their 20s in the pool wear speedos. Maybe 10% on a good day.

Of the few young guys who wear speedos, I've noticed their preference in jean's fit is snug.

Specifically, not the baggy fit so popular today with young men - a fit I hate.

But not the skinny fit that is so tight you can hardly get your legs into the jeans. I hate that fit too.

What I see speedo guys almost all wearing are snug fitting jeans. In between the two extremes. And specifically a lot of them wear Wrangler slim fit jeans. They have a nice fit which shows off a guy's rear but are not too tight in the legs.

I have worn Levis 505s but the fit is not really snug. So I ordered a pair of Wranglers - they aren't even sold in my area so it's all online.

I found the fit great. Perfect for what I was looking for. I don't like the patch on the rear pocket so I removed it. No big deal. Just ordered two more pairs. BTW, the denim is a thicker gauge than Levis which I think will give the jeans a longer life.

So to speedo wearing guys here - what is your preference in jean's fit?

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Re: Speedos and jean's fit preference?

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Yup, I identify with this! My preference is for slim fit jeans, I don't have any time for arse-down-by-the-knee "Prison Bitch" jeans and skinny jeans are for guys with no leg muscles. Although having said that snug jeans tend to look pretty much skin tight on my thighs because I've got quite well developed quads and hamstrings.

Denim Levi's really don't last at all I think the reason Wranglers are traditionally popular with rodeo riders is because they don't wear out as quick. The only Levi's I wear are their pretty rare leather jeans, as my material preference is for leather jeans like these black leather 505's, ironically the only regular/loose pair I have
Attachments
Levi's 505, black leather, red tab 2.JPG
Levi's 505, black leather, red tab 2.JPG (89.96 KiB) Viewed 8386 times
Real men wear Speedo's

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Norfcountryboy wrote:Yup, I identify with this! My preference is for slim fit jeans, I don't have any time for arse-down-by-the-knee "Prison Bitch" jeans and skinny jeans are for guys with no leg muscles. Although having said that snug jeans tend to look pretty much skin tight on my thighs because I've got quite well developed quads and hamstrings.

Denim Levi's really don't last at all I think the reason Wranglers are traditionally popular with rodeo riders is because they don't wear out as quick. The only Levi's I wear are their pretty rare leather jeans, as my material preference is for leather jeans like these black leather 505's, ironically the only regular/loose pair I have
Funny, there is a rap song with the line "You look stupid with your pants down your ass." LOL - ITA.

Hadn't thought that about Wrangler - the rodeo thing. It makes sense. Levis when I compare them almost feel thin versus the Wranglers.

I know there are other slim fit jeans makers but they are designer usually and pricey. On sale, I just got two Wranglers for 27 bucks apiece.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:53 am

More observations on this topic. I've been doing lap swimming early mornings 3 times a week at a new pool. I am still a bit self-conscious being one of the few young guys wearing a speedo. But there are not too many people at the pool in the mornings and the older (over 40) guys almost all wear speedos. Weird. But with the older guys counted about half are wearing speedo so I don't feel like a duck out of water.

Among the young guys like me maybe 15% wear speedos and the others wear loose trunks.

And again, at this new location and getting to know some of the guys - sure enough, jeans preference seems to correlate with swimming trunk preference. Almost all the guys wearing loose trunks change later into baggy jeans. The few speedo wearers almost to a person wear snug, not necessarily tight, jeans.

I guess it has some meaning but I'll leave it to the philosophers to figure out.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Levis 508 Jeans are good enough for me and American Eagle Jeans. I have a small waist and only 5"6 tall so I have a hard time finding Jeans that fit and arent too long. I want to get some Wranglers next time I go to shop for pants though.

Also I feel ya about how no one wears briefs at the pool, I have only seen 2-3 guys wearing briefs before. Everyone else wears regular shorts which now that I think about it I never see guys wearing jammers at my gym either.
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

Tobias

Post by Tobias » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Texas_swimmer wrote:Levis 508 Jeans are good enough for me and American Eagle Jeans. I have a small waist and only 5"6 tall so I have a hard time finding Jeans that fit and arent too long. I want to get some Wranglers next time I go to shop for pants though.

Also I feel ya about how no one wears briefs at the pool, I have only seen 2-3 guys wearing briefs before. Everyone else wears regular shorts which now that I think about it I never see guys wearing jammers at my gym either.
Jammers I hardly ever see though there is one young guy that wears them at my new pool. He has the expensive kind that look like a speedo with leggings sewn onto it, so my guess is he is a college swim team member.

BTW, Wranglers are great. The slim fit style comes in different colors and is a nice slim fit w/o being overly tight. I live in a large metro area and yet few stores carry Wranglers. So I order my jeans online. There are a couple of good mail-order companies out there. However, if you are in Texas there are plenty of retail outlets there that carry the full line of Wranglers.

The other thing about Wranglers is the durability. The jeans are a higher grade denim and when I feel Levis now they feel "thin" fabric-wise compared to Wranglers..

Wrangler makes regular fit and loose fit too, but I'd recommend sticking with the slim fit. I think you'll become a devoted Wrangler wearer too as I've become.

sexy29_1

Post by sexy29_1 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Yeah! I relly like the slim fit but like the most wich are tighter on the top and not too skinny on the down side. I think levis 511 are nice but only one size bigger than mine to not get very skinny but snug.

Tobias, I can´t figure about preferences you mentioned about speedos and tight jeans and baggies and borad shorts or so...it is interesting, a question I ever made before...I think snug fit is not neccesarily a gay thing, I have gorlfriend and likes them a lot and some other girls like them a lot...It is just a fashion thing of this times...

This weekend I have been in an uncle and aunt´s pool with a cousin, a little bit hesitant about using my speedos in front of them but at the third day I become feeling more confident in a way I walk inside the house nothing clothes just my adidas speedos...very nice feeling and my cousin said he want now to use a speedo now but my aunt said, "...oh...I do not think so...!" haha

johnc
United States of America

Post by johnc » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:55 am

I've been swimming lots this summer at the county pool - the high school and college teams have a few organized practices during the week. Most of those guys wear speedos, a few wear drag suits.

I am always surprised to read other peoples reports that young swimmers don't wear speedos.

A2Speedo

Post by A2Speedo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:18 am

I will only wear speedos or other tight fitting swimsuit and I prefer tight jeans, the tighter the better.

fbanks
United States of America

Post by fbanks » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Tobias wrote: So to speedo wearing guys here - what is your preference in jean's fit?
I was wondering if this has been discussed before.

For me, I have always been a Levis guy. Typically I almost always wore 501 button fly or 505's. As I swam more and more, I found these a little baggy in the legs and started wearing 514 slim fit, but found these still a little loose for my taste.

One day, I got turned on to 511 skinny (now called slim). Yes, they can be a little on the snug side, and the black stretch ones relax a bit once broken in. This is all I wear now. I have several pair (4) that fit perfectly. I love them because they show off the fact that I have toned thighs and calves, and actually have an ass!

I also have a pair of black 508's that are still slim in the leg, but a little looser up top. Perfect for those situations (casual day at work) that allow me to push the limits and still be appropriate.

And for going out, I do have a wicked pair of black 510's that fit me like a glove! :)
Check My Collection in Photos ... always adding new pictures! Fletch.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:37 pm

I don't like wearing baggy prison bitch jeans. But I have very nice legs and I wear skinny jeans and it I get noticed.

sexy29_1

Post by sexy29_1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:28 am

speedoboi wrote:I don't like wearing baggy prison bitch jeans. But I have very nice legs and I wear skinny jeans and it I get noticed.
yeah skinny fit are the best...now I have 3! stretch fabric is the best....