G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Survey claims Aussie women prefer boardies to speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

tylerdurden

Survey claims Aussie women prefer boardies to speedos

Post by tylerdurden » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:39 pm

Article here that claims Australian women prefer guys wearing boardies to speedos:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/s ... 6210671267
IT doesn't matter if you're Daniel Craig or Tony Abbott - the verdict is in and budgie smugglers are out.
Leaving little to the imagination, the briefs have become an eyesore on Australian beaches.

More than 82 per cent of Australian women said skintight trunks repulse them, according to a new Quiksilver survey.
Now, that figure sounds very high for such a strong statement. But surprise, surprise - the survey was done by Quiksilver which is a surfwear company that makes a lot of boardies.

One comment under the article was pretty spot-on:
Who cares what people think. For many budgie-smuggler devotees, these swim trunks are not a fashion accessory but rather a piece of swimming kit, providing infinitely less drag in the water than board-shorts. The current debate is akin to arguing whether we prefer rugby players to wear black-tie dinner suits or shorts and jerseys on the football field. If fashion eyesores are at the heart of this discussion then perhaps we should also the consider the number of women, many of which are not magnificent specimens, that chose to adorn our beaches in lycra every summer.

aussiebumfan

Re: Survey claims Aussie women prefer boardies to speedos

Post by aussiebumfan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Here here to that comment. I don't even know why this is an issue for debate - just wear whatever you bloody like, and tell any commentator to mind their own f...... business and to get a life! How many of you are sick to death of these sorts of inane surveys...give it a break!

SwimBriefEnthusiast

Post by SwimBriefEnthusiast » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:55 am

A few things:

- The speedo that the guy in the video was wearing was absolutely hideous. The cut and the colour could not suit him less.

- In spite of the presenter being a woman, the editors of this piece obviously know nothing about the female psyche. A woman would never freely admit being attracted to anything that might be even remotely related to the penis, lest her sounding like a slut - especially on television!!!

But as one commenter on the article said, it is basically the same thing every year. Lifestyle shows and publications bashing swimwear. Brain dead tripe for idiots.

budgybloke

Post by budgybloke » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:23 am

aussiebumfan wrote:Here here to that comment. I don't even know why this is an issue for debate - just wear whatever you bloody like
Spot-on, mate! Totally agree.

Anyway, regardless of what the girls may or may not like, I'm still a pushover for a cute man in speedos....... So smuggle your budgies with pride, boys!

t419

Post by t419 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Who cares what women think of men's fashion? Isn't that like asking men whether women should wear heels or flats?

They're never in my consideration when purchasing clothes. In fact, my favourite pair of shorts have been dubbed "those ghastly blue shorts" by a girlfriend of mine, and yet.. it doesn't bother me at all.

As the great aussiebum says: "If you doubt yourself, wear something else!"

tylerdurden

Post by tylerdurden » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:16 am

Mind you, Australian brand Budgy Smuggler have made this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4qAYfsk5h8

California Dolphin

Post by California Dolphin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 pm

If women think men should wear boardies instead of speedos, why don't women also wear boardies instead of bikinis?

Boardies are the dorkiest looking thing to come out of the fashion industry and young men look absolutely stupid in them.

However, it comes down to whether you've got the body.

CD

Beach4WDer

Post by Beach4WDer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:33 pm

100% agree with every word of the last poster. However I never thought I'd hear that opinion from a Yank :lol: