G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Growing up in speeds

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Ftgnude

Growing up in speeds

Post by Ftgnude » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:10 am

I never really got out of speedos. In my family it's just what the boys and dad wore. In the morning when we'd get up me and my brothers'd just chuck our speedos on. It was just normal. When mates 'd come over to have a swim no one cared, half the time they'd be in their jocks or speeds sometimes skinny dipping. Seems in America they're shy but here in australia getting around home in speedos or our jocks was pretty normal, mum didn't think it was weird. When we'd load into the car going to the beach and home again she'd have our shorts in her beach bag she said we didn't need them. Maybe my memories are false but all I remember was speedos going barechested all the time and sleeping in the nud. Anyone else remember Aussie summers this way. I'm not that old!

Duncandude

Re: Growing up in speeds

Post by Duncandude » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:47 pm

I know some folks here in Australia probably "dress down" at home (underwear, etc). It really depends on family. Mine was ultra-conservative. I had to wear a singlet under my shirt/tee shirt, growing up, even in summertime. The other kids thought I was weird. :lol:

harvj201

Re: Growing up in speeds

Post by harvj201 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:10 am

yeh, although theres always been a speedo culture here in melb since i was a kid (I'm 20 atm), but i don't really remember much of it being at the beach or anything. Always wore speedos when i swam when i was younger, it was just the done thing. But, as far as the beach it was speedos when really young, but it quickly changed to more being board shorts. Its a shame really. At least they are so called "coming back"