G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hello from Sweden!

If you are new - post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Tottenhot

Hello from Sweden!

Post by Tottenhot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:55 am

Hi, I'm new! (why else would I start a topic here? ;)) I'm 18 years old and from Sweden, a bad country to like speedos in. They are very rare to be seen on anyone. :( I am however fighting against the norm by wearing them myself, I can only hope it will get better. :)

speedoB2598

Re: Hello from Sweden!

Post by speedoB2598 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:24 am

Well I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, can we see a pic of a Swede in Speedos?

Tottenhot

Post by Tottenhot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 pm

I have actually been in the newspaper wearing one. It's probably not a very good image, but I don't have a camera, so I am unable to take any pictures. It was taken when I took part in a demonstration for a better climate. :)
Attachments
Bild i NSD.jpg
Bild i NSD.jpg (31.7 KiB) Viewed 5675 times

speedoboi

Post by speedoboi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Not bad. Hope fully we will see pics of you during the summer.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Welcome tottenhot - nice picture but i have to imagine it was a bit "chilly..." :mrgreen:

...:::sam:::...

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:15 am

Sweden has hotties! :lol:

Welcome

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:42 am

Tottenhot wrote:I have actually been in the newspaper wearing one. It's probably not a very good image, but I don't have a camera, so I am unable to take any pictures. It was taken when I took part in a demonstration for a better climate. :)
Great pic Tottenhot!! Has the climate warmed in Sweden??

Do guys wear speedos at indoor swimming pools in Sweden?

I still have distant relatives in Timro, I think. Have to ask my mom.

I'm on the email list for Bjorn Borg underwear. :P Tell him to start selling speedos. :lol:

-j-j

Tottenhot

Post by Tottenhot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Well, this winter has been unusually "ordinary" (due to El Niño, they say) with rather traditional winter weather, as traditional winter's we haven't had for a while. It still isn't warm enough to go out in speedos in December, though. ;) When the picture was taken, the outside temperature was -17 degrees Celsius.

No, guys don't wear speedos at indoor swimming pools, I can't remember ever seeing one. Perhaps some in the age category 45-50+ may occasionally be seen wearing a pair of them. Board shorts are the common swimming suit, but this has actually changed in some indoor facilities due to the fact these facilities have recently forbidden the usage of board shorts. This was done because of hygiene; many guys wore their underwear beneath their shorts and the water got so polluted, that they couldn't increase the amount of chlorine anymore. New rule is that the swimming suit must be skin-tight, how much of your body you cover, doesn't matter. Sadly, the indoor pool closest to me, hasn't got this rule. :( Luckily I visit Finland frequently, where speedos are much more common in all age categories at indoor pools, on the beach they are more rare.

Timrå is nowadays a bit boring city, it has developed to be more of a suburb to Sundsvall, as they are located so close to each other. Still interesting to find out how Swedes have emigrated, I have accidentally found some very distant relatives who lived in the United States.

Haha, I don't think Björn Borg lives in Sweden anymore due to tax reasons, therefore it might be hard to pass the message to him. ;)

gezzerdon

Post by gezzerdon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:50 am

Tottenhot wrote:Well, this winter has been unusually "ordinary" (due to El Niño, they say) with rather traditional winter weather, as traditional winter's we haven't had for a while. It still isn't warm enough to go out in speedos in December, though. ;) When the picture was taken, the outside temperature was -17 degrees Celsius.

No, guys don't wear speedos at indoor swimming pools, I can't remember ever seeing one. Perhaps some in the age category 45-50+ may occasionally be seen wearing a pair of them. Board shorts are the common swimming suit, but this has actually changed in some indoor facilities due to the fact these facilities have recently forbidden the usage of board shorts. This was done because of hygiene; many guys wore their underwear beneath their shorts and the water got so polluted, that they couldn't increase the amount of chlorine anymore. New rule is that the swimming suit must be skin-tight, how much of your body you cover, doesn't matter. Sadly, the indoor pool closest to me, hasn't got this rule. :( Luckily I visit Finland frequently, where speedos are much more common in all age categories at indoor pools, on the beach they are more rare.

Timrå is nowadays a bit boring city, it has developed to be more of a suburb to Sundsvall, as they are located so close to each other. Still interesting to find out how Swedes have emigrated, I have accidentally found some very distant relatives who lived in the United States.

Haha, I don't think Björn Borg lives in Sweden anymore due to tax reasons, therefore it might be hard to pass the message to him. ;)

:P I think all of us should start a public, wear a speedo day, im going to do it this saturday with 12 swim mates, from the M K
Dons Football Club, Milton Keynes. we are all wearing Nike Swoosh in black. every body at this swim Gym,wear shorts. wish us luck. :P

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Tottenhot wrote:Well, this winter has been unusually "ordinary" (due to El Niño, they say) with rather traditional winter weather, ...

No, guys don't wear speedos at indoor swimming pools, I can't remember ever seeing one...

Timrå is nowadays a bit boring city, it has developed to be more of a suburb to Sundsvall...

Hey Tottenhot!

I asked my folks and they said Björn used to live in Monaco. They didn't know where he lived now. His website said he was going to sell swimwear. Sorry I misspelled Timrå. My keyboard doesn't have that character so I spelled it the way it sounds. This time I copied and pasted. None of my family here or there are very exciting, so they probably like Timrå a lot.

I guess Sweden is like everywhere else with board shorts. :cry: In some of the public pools in Florida guys wear them with their underwear also. Yuck. Interesting about Finland. I have a few relatives there in a place near Helsinki that I can't spell or pronounce. There are quite a few Swedes there. We've had pics of Swedish and Finnish swim teams in Speedos here on this board.

The weather in Florida has been cool this winter. It's about 14C today. Warm for Sweden. Cool for Florida.

Tack! Vi ses! 8) (I hope I spelled it right...)

-j-j

Tottenhot

Post by Tottenhot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Justin88 wrote:
Tottenhot wrote:Well, this winter has been unusually "ordinary" (due to El Niño, they say) with rather traditional winter weather, ...

No, guys don't wear speedos at indoor swimming pools, I can't remember ever seeing one...

Timrå is nowadays a bit boring city, it has developed to be more of a suburb to Sundsvall...

Hey Tottenhot!

I asked my folks and they said Björn used to live in Monaco. They didn't know where he lived now. His website said he was going to sell swimwear. Sorry I misspelled Timrå. My keyboard doesn't have that character so I spelled it the way it sounds. This time I copied and pasted. None of my family here or there are very exciting, so they probably like Timrå a lot.

I guess Sweden is like everywhere else with board shorts. :cry: In some of the public pools in Florida guys wear them with their underwear also. Yuck. Interesting about Finland. I have a few relatives there in a place near Helsinki that I can't spell or pronounce. There are quite a few Swedes there. We've had pics of Swedish and Finnish swim teams in Speedos here on this board.

The weather in Florida has been cool this winter. It's about 14C today. Warm for Sweden. Cool for Florida.

Tack! Vi ses! 8) (I hope I spelled it right...)

-j-j
Misspelling of Swedish city names is quite common, as we have the three special characters that the English alphabet lacks, å, ä and ö. ;) Compared to my home town, Timrå is a true metropolis, so I'm probably not authorized to complain...

I have lots of relatives all over Finland, close to Helsinki as well. Perhaps we are related in some distant way? ;) I know that from both my father's and mother's family people emigrated to the United States during the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th.

You spelled them right. :) The last phrase might be a bit difficult to realize though, but one can hope... ;)

Hejdå!

Duncandude

Post by Duncandude » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:51 am

Tottenhot wrote: Board shorts are the common swimming suit, but this has actually changed in some indoor facilities due to the fact these facilities have recently forbidden the usage of board shorts. This was done because of hygiene; many guys wore their underwear beneath their shorts and the water got so polluted, that they couldn't increase the amount of chlorine anymore. New rule is that the swimming suit must be skin-tight, how much of your body you cover, doesn't matter.
Hi Tottenhot,

So let's see it I got this right? Dirty undies pollute pool water? Is this really the reason?

Welcome to the boards! :P

Duncandude.

Cozzy

Post by Cozzy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:52 pm

So let's see it I got this right? Dirty undies pollute pool water? Is this really the reason?
It's a good enough reason for me! :)

Tottenhot

Post by Tottenhot » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Duncandude wrote:
Tottenhot wrote: Board shorts are the common swimming suit, but this has actually changed in some indoor facilities due to the fact these facilities have recently forbidden the usage of board shorts. This was done because of hygiene; many guys wore their underwear beneath their shorts and the water got so polluted, that they couldn't increase the amount of chlorine anymore. New rule is that the swimming suit must be skin-tight, how much of your body you cover, doesn't matter.
Hi Tottenhot,

Welcome to the boards! :P

Duncandude.
Even though it might sound stupid, but yes, that's is the reason they have come up with. The levels of bacteria in the water have increased as this trend has got more common, therefore they they have made this association. :)